live view jerky

mata7

n3wb
Reaction score
hi im new to IP Cam Security i can say i am advance pc user but this is my first POE Setup so i know that i have a lot to learn , before i have Nest and Wyzecam, also my english is no that great so sorry if my english spell is not good

i brought 2 Dahua IPC-HFW2831T-ZS from andy great guy btw, the cameras are mounting on front of my house, i download the trial version of blue iris and also trying security-spy on my mac, on both pc and mac im having the same problem, i cannot get a smooth live view picture, the live view plays jerky or choppy like when a card pass the car jerk little by little day or night, the video record plays fine, i try to lower the resolution, change the i-frame value, encode mode, bit rate and still have the same problem, i know that probably is something that im doing wrong and the cameras are fine, can anyone please help me to get this cams working smooth, probably there is some setting on blue iris that im missing

here is my components for if you need that info

Imac 2017, and just build this I5-8400, 32 DDR4 Ram, Intel SSD, Win 10 Pro 1903 update, PFsense Router, GB Network, YuanLey 4 Port Gigabit PoE Switch and the 2 Dahua IPC-HFW2831T-ZS Default settings only thing i change was time zone

i will really appreciated you help and please let me know if you need more info

Ford

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I thought this thread was about a live stream of someone making jerky.... mmmmmm jerky....

mata7

n3wb
Reaction score
yeah probably my bad english, the live stream is choppy is what i mean

mata7

n3wb
Reaction score
can someone please give me some help, i still have this problem with blue iris, smartpss live view is fine and also on cam web interface live view is fine 2, dont get why i have the problem with blue iris, thanks

DRZmaui

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I had similar issue. Most likely your computer not up to what your asking for it. Had 29 cameras on a I7 system that was dedicated just to Blue Iris. Had to drop my FPS down to 10/sec. (before was at 1600 MP/s, drop it to 1250 MP’s) Now all is good. Do read cliff notes on system requirements.

mata7

n3wb
Reaction score
but i only have 2 camera on the i5-8400 and dont have any problem using web interface or smartpss

DRZmaui

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
try to drop the FPS to 15/minutes (on IP camera config). Direct to disk recording (blue iris record option), and Hardware acceleration decode to intel (blue iris video option)?

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I am not sure if this camera uses a web browser plugin of the newer HTML 5 for video.
If the pluggin is required use internet explorer or PaleMoon 32.
Is the video jerky in the web browser ? This by passes the Bluee iris and other IP camera software.

The demo trial version of the Blue Iris software is not a full function software, it is missing some features.

Are you using any WIFI fr the cameras ?
Set the frame rate to 15, set the Iframe to 15, set the rate type to VBR on the internal camera setting configuration. Is it still jerky in the browser ?

Do not run the camera video through the router on the way to the PC/MAC.

Could this be a network problem ? A network diagram with make and model number of all equipement

mata7

n3wb
Reaction score
first thanks for you guys help

i do have Hardware acceleration decode to intel On in blue iris
i believe is HTML 5 because i dont install any plugin
the video is not jerky in the web browser, also on smartpss the video is smooth and on my dahua NVR the video is smooth also
i dont have any Wifi Cameras
the cameras are connect to a GB switch the windows pc too
i dont believe is a network problem because like i mention on the same pc the browser playback is fine and smartpss

thanks again