Login fails via web browser when port forwarded for 9803P

Reaction score
I have Foscam 9803P V2 cameras.

If I go to my local network, I can log in via a web browser just fine. i.e....192.168.2.160:8088

If I go to the port forwarded address, i.e... 99.12.33.11:8088 , the login screen shows but fails. It says:

[FONT=&#24494]"connect failed, please try it again later"

Has anyone else experienced this issue?

Also, not sure it's relevant, but if I open the IP Camera Tool, right click and go to "Network Configuration", the IP and port are correct, but other stuff is not. For example, it has gateway listed as 255.255.255.127, and below that, user "Admin" and blank password.
- If I try to check "Obtain IP from DHCP server", and enter the username and password for my camera (same one as web login screen), it says "Incorrect user or password!". Even if I correct the gateway to the correct one, same thing.
* Note...don't know if the network configuration popup even matters...since I have other problems.

[/FONT]

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
If I go to the port forwarded address, i.e... 99.12.33.11:8088
What network are you using to test with?
If you are still using your LAN, and not a public network, this sounds like what is known as a 'NAT loopback problem', a characteristic of your router.
You can only reliably test this scenario when you are connected to a public network.

Reaction score
What network are you using to test with?
If you are still using your LAN, and not a public network, this sounds like what is known as a 'NAT loopback problem', a characteristic of your router.
You can only reliably test this scenario when you are connected to a public network.
Right you are...I was trying this from my own network. When I switched to my cell network, it worked fine, thanks a bunch! You did what Foscam could not.