Longse factory reset

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
The one she sent me has W. I am attaching if you want to take a look at it.

Btw I have bricked those cams 3 times now via firmware upgrade and they revived them using telnet access.

Attachments

gwminor48

Known around here
Reaction score
Well, I was wondering why my images were so bad on both cameras, then I saw the condensation under the glass on both cams. I've emailed Eddy but it looks like I'm going to have to take them apart. Even if they dry it seems they would need the spots cleaned off.DSCN3199.JPGDSCN3202.JPG

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Well, I was wondering why my images were so bad on both cameras, then I saw the condensation under the glass on both cams. I've emailed Eddy but it looks like I'm going to have to take them apart. Even if they dry it seems they would need the spots cleaned off.View attachment 12577View attachment 12578
I had the same thing happened with Huisun cam. I had it indoors for a day after arrival , mounted next day and had condensation appear which lasted for 24 hours.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
I asked Amanda about W and X:

Thank you for your reply,and it's a good question.

"PTZ_W_" is the "PTZ_X_" updated version,so you can use "S2L33M+IMX322_PTZ_W_6.1.30.3-160725.zip" to upgrade,it will be ok.
Why "PTZ_X_" changes to "PTZ_W_" ? It's said that just the difference of the name,no special reason,easy to distinguish.
So this time do not need to worry and try to update and see if the firmware is better.:)

Sincerely,
Amanda

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I asked Amanda about W and X:

Thank you for your reply,and it's a good question.

"PTZ_W_" is the "PTZ_X_" updated version,so you can use "S2L33M+IMX322_PTZ_W_6.1.30.3-160725.zip" to upgrade,it will be ok...
Aha!...so it's a down upgrade...also known as a dupgrade!

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Well, I did this 'dupgrade' on my Cantonk motorised VF, via the web GUI.
The end result seems OK, though there were a couple of quirks along the way.
The web GUI logon page re-appeared automatically after the countdown expiry - but quietly ignored logon attempts.
The telnet access was immediately reset (the telnet password has been changed, BTW).
ODM still showed the previous firmware version.
But the NVRs were still recording video OK from it.
After a power cycle, all seems normal again.
A superficial look doesn't show any differences.
A changelog would be helpful.

I'm still amazed at the huge amount of RAM and flash space in this camera.
The firmware isn't that big - what's used is just stuff lying around.
Code:
Ipcamera login: root
Password:
# df -h
Filesystem                Size      Used Available Use% Mounted on
ubi0:rootfs              42.0M     37.2M      4.8M  89% /
devtmpfs                 51.9M         0     51.9M   0% /dev
tmpfs                    52.0M    332.0K     51.7M   1% /tmp
tmpfs                    52.0M     72.0K     51.9M   0% /dev/shm
tmpfs                    52.0M     92.0K     51.9M   0% /run
ubi1:upgrade             20.3M     12.6M      7.7M  62% /hs/upgrade
ubi1:param                5.7M     48.0K      5.7M   1% /hs/param
ubi2:user                18.8M     12.6M      6.2M  67% /hs/user
192.168.1.201:/cctv1    199.1G    148.5G     50.6G  75% /mnt
# free
             total       used       free     shared    buffers     cached
Mem:        106488      76068      30420          0          0      26040
-/+ buffers/cache:      50028      56460
Swap:            0          0          0
#

gwminor48

Known around here
Reaction score
I may switch over to your other thread https://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/9362-69-motorized-varifocal-4x-(2-8mm-12mm)-Longse.
I took the camera apart and cleaned the glass the best I could but I can still see a little bit of a stain or spot there. Did you have to turn off Hardware decoding in BI to get yours looking right? On mine it looked ok in browser but bad in BI but switching off hardware decoding cleared that up. I am holding off on being too critical until I play with the settings more but I can start posting to the other thread if that's better.

gwminor48

Known around here
Reaction score
Just an fyi, Eddy from Longse sent me these pics about hardware reset when I was troubleshooting. I never did have to do this but there may be something lost in translation. I don't know about disconnecting the connectors and then pressing the button when there is no power to the camera. Mine aren't bullets but they are probably all similar.

hardware reset button.pnghardware reset.png

Geordon

n3wb
Reaction score
I just received two LRDC60S500 cameras. They use a different subnet than my home network, so I plugged them into a new D-Link POE unmanaged switch with my notebook, and manually set the notebook network adapter IP to be in the same 192.168.0.x subnet. I used IPCSearch.exe to find a camera and change the IP from x.x.x.168 on each camera, so they wouldn't collide. I was able to add and see both cameras at the same time in Blue Iris.

I then wanted to change the subnet mask on each camera to 255.255.254.0, to allow communication with my networked computers, since they are on 192.168.1.x. This worked on the first camera. However, after changing the mask on the second camera, it disappeared from the network. I unplugged it and tried again. I left it all unplugged overnight, and tried again. IPCSearch cannot find camera #2. I used Advanced IP Scanner to search for devices, and it can't find anything, either. The camera appears to be okay, as the IR LEDs light up with the lights off.

Should I disassemble and try a factory reset per the instructions given from Eddy? Or should I contact Amanda (my rep) at Longse, first?

Thanks,

Geordon

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
As a long shot it may be worth trying SADP, it can usually find Longse cameras with the newest firmware, even on a different subnet.
http://overseas.hikvision.com/en/Tools_82.html
If that doesn't work I'd put the camera and PC on their own switch, fire up Wireshark in promiscuous mode and see what powering on the camera shows in the way of broadcasts.

Geordon

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the pointers. I already had the switch, pc, and camera on a disconnected network. SADP looks just like the Hero IPCScanner. WireShark showed no activity outside the PC and switch. It then dawned on me to check the network activity light on the switch, and the camera is not detected. The POE led is lit up, but no network activity. Did IPCScanner brick my camera during the IP modify? This doesn't look good.

Geordon

Geordon

n3wb
Reaction score
Worked with a tech last night. I took apart the camera, and in the process, it came back online to the network, but would lose connection if I moved it a little. Appears to be a bad connection or broken wire somewhere internally. Longse wants me to take if off POE and power it using the separate power input, but I don't have a power adapter specifically for it. Does anyone know what the configuration is of the connector, such as inner positive/outer negative or is it vice versa?

CChr

n3wb
Reaction score
Well, I did this 'dupgrade' on my Cantonk motorised VF, via the web GUI.
The end result seems OK, though there were a couple of quirks along the way.
The web GUI logon page re-appeared automatically after the countdown expiry - but quietly ignored logon attempts.
The telnet access was immediately reset (the telnet password has been changed, BTW).
ODM still showed the previous firmware version.
But the NVRs were still recording video OK from it.
After a power cycle, all seems normal again.
A superficial look doesn't show any differences.
A changelog would be helpful.

I'm still amazed at the huge amount of RAM and flash space in this camera.
The firmware isn't that big - what's used is just stuff lying around.
Code:
Ipcamera login: root
Password:
# df -h
Filesystem                Size      Used Available Use% Mounted on
ubi0:rootfs              42.0M     37.2M      4.8M  89% /
devtmpfs                 51.9M         0     51.9M   0% /dev
tmpfs                    52.0M    332.0K     51.7M   1% /tmp
tmpfs                    52.0M     72.0K     51.9M   0% /dev/shm
tmpfs                    52.0M     92.0K     51.9M   0% /run
ubi1:upgrade             20.3M     12.6M      7.7M  62% /hs/upgrade
ubi1:param                5.7M     48.0K      5.7M   1% /hs/param
ubi2:user                18.8M     12.6M      6.2M  67% /hs/user
192.168.1.201:/cctv1    199.1G    148.5G     50.6G  75% /mnt
# free
             total       used       free     shared    buffers     cached
Mem:        106488      76068      30420          0          0      26040
-/+ buffers/cache:      50028      56460
Swap:            0          0          0
#
Hi alastairstevenson, i am desperately looking for the telnet password of these cameras because they are freezing and the web or the stream disappears very often and the quickest fix is to reboot them through telnet. I had the password until the 5.x firmware but now the changed it. Can you help?

Thank you.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
The root password varies with both the camera series and the specific version of firmware, so I'm not sure which one you need.
I'm not sure if the forum still requires more than 5 posts before a 'conversation' is allowed -
However, I've sent a selection to you via a conversation, which seems to have been accepted, hopefully one of them matches what you are using.

I have had 2 Longse/Cantonk cameras, an IMX178 fixed and an IMX322 varifocal, running over PoE for many months now without any problems, no freezes or reboots or glitches.
They were used to replace a Hikvision turret and bullet for both better night image quality, and the bullet IR failing, I've been very happy with the choice.
They work OK with a Hikvision NVR, supporting motion detection and continuous recording.
It would be good to have some smart analytics, and the firmware isn't as refined or developed as Hikvision, but at least I don't have to deal with the language mismatch nonsense and all the other traps created to get in the way of their customers.

CChr

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you very much alastairstevenson. Unfortunately they didn't work at the cameras that i've tried it. The problem with these cameras have to do when something happens while they work. A small
disruption in the network or some delay from the nvr, may make the cameras to go haywire. I have currently one of them with a TVT dvr that does not want to send video although the dvr finds it as ONVIF and adds it.
The funny thing is that when this happens only ping works to the camera. If i remove the camera from dvr then the telnet and the web works but with no video streaming. You can not make the camera to reset or reboot through web cause it just wont accepting any settings. Now as you can imagine i don't have a way to cut the power to the camera and that is unfortunate for me.

DJY

n3wb
Reaction score
I hate to tell you this but I bought some cameras from Longse a couple of years back and out of 8 IPC s 4 ended up not working and they claimed it was corrupt files. I had good luck with their regular security cameras but the NVR is stuck on booting and they claimed it was a bad chip. What is bad I bought some cameras at the end of 2016 and they made me a deal on a new NVR because of all of the problems that I had before. Well needless to say their stuff is still very unstable and after 3 months and several updates the cameras are still unreliable. None of the internal POE cameras work right I had to use an external POE injector tail to power the cameras. They told me that the boards are faulty and that I would need to take the cameras down and take them apart then send them the POE boards back for repair or to be replaced. I could see doing 1 maybe 2 but we are talking 14 cameras. I had just had my Knee replaced so there was no way that I was going to pay someone to pull them down and pay to ship them back. From the day I received them it was always my network or something on my side that was causing the issues. I installed new GB switches and even bought a GB POE switch nothing fixed the issues. I reached my final straw when they told me I need to add another 6 TB hard drive to solve the issues. I asked them how would the hard drive have anything to do with the NVR loosing connection to the IPC? I could see the Sub stream but the NVR would loose connection to the Main stream. Then sometimes it would loose connection to the Sub stream and you could connect to the Main stream. Their stuff is all screwed up. Their prices were great but when you cannot trust it to record it is not worth it. The NVR will lock up for no reason sometimes when you remote into it. The cameras sometimes when you connect straight to it, the Main stream does not work but the Sub stream does and other times it works fine. The biggest issue I have is they will not own up to selling faulty products and they want the end user to pay for it. The issue with your camera might be the POE board I would get the IR but the camera would not work unless I used a POE injector. That is why you cannot locate the camera, if you connect the power to the emergency power tail the camera will power up. I still do not understand the emergency power tail. I use a UPS and power my switch I don't need a external emergency tail LOL