Looking for a New NVR

C.e.s.a.r

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Current System:
One Hikvision DS-7608NI-Q2/8P NVR
Five Hikvision DS-2CD2087G2-L Cameras

Looking to replace my current system due to age and also because it has developed a new bug that I don’t want to deal with anymore. Last one started occurring a week ago where the system appears to reboot itself and cameras go off-line on mobile app. If you want to see the other things I’ve been dealing with you can check my past post. Anyway, I’m looking at the Hikvision AcuSense DS-7608NXI-I2/8P/S, primarily because on my last system I was getting a lot of false alarms. Would like some opinions on this newer NVR or other suggestion if you where on the market to buy. Would like to keep it under $500 and Hikvision. Thanks

trempa92

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
You do not need acusense NVR since you do have acusense cameras. You set up smart events directly on camera and thats about it.

So you can go with DS-7608NI-K2 or I2 which is better hardware performance wise. I have listed non poe models, but if you want poe nvr just add /8P after models i suggested.

The cameras you have are one of best 8MP hikvision have right now(1/1.2 sensor size), and theres nothing better for reasonable price out there in their stock.

If you really want to spend more, there is M serie which is latest product line which is best they offer atm.

C.e.s.a.r

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi, Thank you for your reply. In my mind the only reason considering the AcuSense NVR was added reliability, as mentioned I've always had problems with false alarms and thought perhaps an NVR with AcuSense would be better, but if the technology is already built into my cameras perhaps it is a moot point. I aslo looked at the comparison between the DS-7608NXI..... and M series and it doesn't seem to have much more in option. Again I'm just looking for something in reliability and I don't mind spending the extra money if one is better then the other. Again Thank You

trempa92

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Bare in mind, to have better results in your acusense camera, make sure you do multiple intrusion detections. As each are can have its own min/max value. Therefor your min/max values will be calibrated against distance. Small Min 3 meters away is car 40 meters away. So once again, try to do proper calibration. If you dont know how, reach out to me and i can advise you.

Cheerio