Looking for a video doorbell that complies with this list:

riogrande75

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Since I am a fan of dahua's video doorstations have a look at their products: Dahua Video Intercoms
I am convinced that you will find a suiting product that will fulfill all your wishes.
Check AliE for prices.

michaellm

n3wb
Reaction score
The Lorex B451AJD-E ( 2K QHD Wi-Fi Video Doorbell with Person Detection (Wired) ) looks promising. It and the Amcrest AD410 ( AD410 – Amcrest ) appear to have the same hardware, presumably from Dahua. I have not found information on RTSP and ONVIF and these doorbells. The Lorex Fusion and Amcrest SmartHome lines look like branded versions of Dahua LincX2PRO ( DahuaWiki ) without the full usual web interface and probably RTSP, but not real ONVIF.

jazzy1

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I've got an old Aiphone intercom/doorbell that has 1 indoor main station and another secondary station....it was wired in when house built in 2004 so there's power running between the exterior doorbell and these stations....I think they used to have the front door wired so you could unlock it from the indoor stations too...any way to utilize the existing wiring for a POE doorbell/intercom setup?

On_Fire

n3wb
Reaction score
Confirmed that the Lorex B451AJD does work with both Alexa and Blue Iris (RTSP):

No custom recorded doorbells, though.

michaellm

n3wb
Reaction score
I found ports 554, 5000, 8086 and 35000 open on the B451AJD-E. 554 is RTSP. 35000 is configuration ( DahuaWiki ).

I streamed from it to VLC and to Blue Iris using RTSP port 554. I could not connect to the speaker of the B451AJD-E from the Blue Iris phone app.

I accessed it with the SmartPSS desktop application using port 35000. I have used port 37777 with Amcrest and Dahua. Many settings not available in the Lorex Home app were there. I also used iDMSS Plus and DMSS on my phone to access the doorbell. The B451AJD-E became flaky, though, about talking from my phone through its speaker with iDMSS Plus and DMSS. I could not add the B451AJD-E to Amcrest ViewPro using port 35000.

I do not know what ports 5000 and 8086 are although I gather from some Lorex documents that 5000 is for remote viewing.

I could not find a web interface to the B451AJD-E.

I like it overall, but I expect the AD410 implementation to be better. I expect Amcrest's version to work with the Amcrest phone apps, and I hope that the Amcrest apps and Blue Iris will be able to access the AD410's speaker. The Amcrest AD410 now is available on Amazon.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
i decided to try a 2mp Amcrest since it had the rstp. and the coupon code I stumbled into on youtube still worked so its $86.09 shippped w tax.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
This kit also a very good choice.

michaellm

n3wb
Reaction score
Does the IP Villa Outdoor Doorbell Station have a relay that can close and work with a traditional doorbell chime?

On_Fire

n3wb
Reaction score
Any latency on Echo Show?
As you can see in the video, it takes about three seconds for Echo Show to display the video stream, but the announcement occurs within a second of button push. Once video is established, latency isn't noticeable. Video quality isn't great, and I'd say it's poor compared to dedicated surveillance cameras. For a doorbell form factor, though, I'm satisfied. I have it 24/7 streaming to Blue Iris, with notifications going to 3 Echo Show devices and three iPhones. I can't say how it compares to Ring, as I'm too cheap to pay for a subscription service.