Looking for feedback and testing of my Dahua Home Assistant integration (via HACS)

Reaction score
what other items are you tackling with this integration? The VTO add was a nice surprise (I gots 1xVTO and 3xVTH's).

runraid

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@Holbs I'd like to add everything possible. If one uses Home Assistant and have Dahua cameras, I want this integration to offer everything one would want or need to build automations and whatever else folks might want. And I want it to be easy to use, for example, the VTO integration adds a doorbell button sensor. That's dead simple for people to use.

Welcome feature requests!

Reaction score
ok. how about importing my weather station API info from Home Assistant into the Dahua macros so that temp, wind, etc is displayed? I believe the BIT tools is having issues with that right now cause it only gets the API from the cloud.

runraid

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Let me dig into what Dahua macros are. Never heard of this...

Reaction score
correct. Im sure there is a easy way to bring in the HA sensor info into these overlays. I just haven't got to the answer yet. Heck, could also input any sensor data (front door open from DSC/Envisalink home alearm system HA notification being displayed on specific cameras).

Reaction score
but then...would need a time variable. Temp from weather station would stay constant on overlay while something like 'front door open' would have a optional time delay from 5-500 seconds.

runraid

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
All I need to do is add a service to the integration so you can call it within Home Assistant to set the overlay as needed (based on the temp you read). HA can handle the time delay.

runraid

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@Holbs the Home Assistant services are not available in the just released 0.8.0 version. It allows you to toggle on/off all of the types of overlays (including the time overlay) and it allows you to set the overlays to arbitrary text. I assume you know how to use a service in a Home Assistant automation (if not read up on that and if you have trouble I can try to help you out).

With this integration you can now dynamically change your video text overlays based on any Home Assistant trigger :D

Here's what It looks like in the developer explorer...

Enable/Disable
1624220644141.png

Set the overlay text
1624220591641.png

Reaction score
@Holbs the Home Assistant services are not available in the just released 0.8.0 version. It allows you to toggle on/off all of the types of overlays (including the time overlay) and it allows you to set the overlays to arbitrary text. I assume you know how to use a service in a Home Assistant automation (if not read up on that and if you have trouble I can try to help you out).

With this integration you can now dynamically change your video text overlays based on any Home Assistant trigger :D

Here's what It looks like in the developer explorer...

Enable/Disable
View attachment 93034

Set the overlay text
View attachment 93033
that will be a great visual indicator on recorded events and/or live for temp, wind, various alarm (DSC alarm system, water leak alarm, fire alarm, etc). It's going to be over 100 today so no yard work. I think I'll be tackling my ongoing installation of VTO/VTH's and get them straightened out, install HACS, and try out this integration

Reaction score
This is the initial release, you’ll have to manually add the repo to your HACS integration until it’s officially added (that’s pending a PR review)

It doesn’t support PTZ yet becaise I don’t have a cam to test with.

Seeking feedback on anything that’s broke and missing features/services you’d like to have built in. Thanks!!!

upgraded to new JStoMQTT and installed HACS. how long does it take to get a PR review? Should it pass Mon or Tues? Or does such take a week or longer?

runraid

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
how long does it take to get a PR review
What do you mean? Why are you sending a pull request and for what repository?

Update: Ohh, my pr :) Yeah that was merged. It's built into HACS now. Just search for Dahua

Reaction score
gotta go watch vid on how to use HACS now :) When I "explore and add repositories" and search for Dahua...only something called Dahua VTO Intergration pops up

runraid

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
OK, it's showing up... it just didn't show up for me because I already have it installed.

1624242887852.png

DDDRelic

n3wb
Reaction score
A couple of possible additions:
1. The name of the IVS rule is optionally added in to the name of the binary sensor created. My use case is that I gave two crossregion detections set up on one of my cameras. At night when one is triggered I turn on the rear deck lights, when the other crossregion is triggered I turn on the garden lights. So instead of sensor "binary_sensor.50a60a14a1c2798_cross_region_detection" we would get something like "binary_sensor.50a60a14a1c2798_IVS-1_cross_region_detection"
2. When a camera is renamed it would be good for all of the created entities to use that name instead of the cameras ID, e.g. instead of "binary_sensor.50a60a14a1c2798_cross_region_detection" we would have an entity named "binary_sensor.RearDeck_cross_region_detection". It makes it a lot easier to identify what sensor relates to what camera.