Looking for feedback and testing of my Dahua Home Assistant integration (via HACS)

Duh987

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Wondering if anyone has found a way to send a snapshot to HA upon crossline/human/etc. detection?
I am doing it with frigate but I don't see why you wouldn't be able to do it with the binary sensor as the trigger.

Reaction score
I am trying this integration out with my Dahua IPC-T5442TM-AS camera. I can connect fine if I don't add checkmarks to any of the events during the initial "Add Dahua Camera" setup. This gives me events but I don't see any IVS events.

I am trying to receive events from the cameras IVS "Abandoned Object" and "Missing Object" events so I can automate notifications when packages are delivered or picked up from our home business. During setup if I place checkmarks next to "LeftDetection" or "TakenAwayDetection" or any other event I get a "User Input Malformed" error when I click the submit button. How do I access the IVS events i've setup in the camera?

Thanks

Attachments

Reaction score
I am trying this integration out with my Dahua IPC-T5442TM-AS camera. I can connect fine if I don't add checkmarks to any of the events during the initial "Add Dahua Camera" setup. This gives me events but I don't see any IVS events.

I am trying to receive events from the cameras IVS "Abandoned Object" and "Missing Object" events so I can automate notifications when packages are delivered or picked up from our home business. During setup if I place checkmarks next to "LeftDetection" or "TakenAwayDetection" or any other event I get a "User Input Malformed" error when I click the submit button. How do I access the IVS events i've setup in the camera?

Thanks
I personally have not used the events portion of this integration. I use Blue Iris and use the Blue Iris MQTT to send to HA. I use the integration to update temp, wind speed, etc...macros, and also the Dahua VTO/VTH side of things.

Jim_OS

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@runraid

Thanks for your plugin. :cool: For your information: Amcrest AD110 Video-Doorbell

Dieser Fehler wurde von einer benutzerdefinierten Integration verursacht

Logger: custom_components.dahua
Source: custom_components/dahua/client.py:633
Integration: Dahua (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 19. November 2021, 18:47:23 (24 occurrences)

TimeoutError fetching information from http://192.x.x.x:x/cgi-bin/configManager.cgi?action=getConfig&name=Lighting[0][0] -
TimeoutError fetching information from http://192.x.x.x:x/cgi-bin/configManager.cgi?action=getConfig&name=MotionDetect -

HA_Version.png

HA_AD110_Übersicht.png

HA_Dahua_Log.png

I also have various other Dahua cameras in use and I will test them too. :)

Magren

n3wb
Reaction score
Just want to add that it now works on my two 5442. Don't know if it was something i did with the camera settings or if it was the firmare released 210930 that fixed it.
Great function!

I'm unable to call the service to change night/day mode against my 5442R-ASE-NI
Seeing this in the log:
Cam does not support profile mode. Will use mode 0

and

This error originated from a custom integration.

Logger: custom_components.dahua
Source: custom_components/dahua/init.py:231
Integration: Dahua (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 20:21:30 (2 occurrences)
Last logged: 20:21:30

Mark_M

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@runraid ,
I've played around this this plugin and it works well for my cameras behind the NVR.

That is:
NVR5216-16P-I
Axis M31 with the NVR doing IVS rules.
IPC-HDBW4433R-S with IVS (Chinese region camera).

I have no clue on all the API behind all this. But is there a way to check the local alarm input/output on an NVR? Not the camera's alarm IO.

morelup

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
For those using this, I was needing to adjust zoom/focus on my z12e and made a modification to call that service (if you want to modify your install to do the same)

Magren

n3wb
Reaction score
Any chance of getting support for both cameras of the dual lens "boobiecam" PC-HDBW5441F-AS-E2 ?
Adding the camera to the integration only shows one camera.
Cheers, Marcus

Janek

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

just wondering if you could help me with solving an issue with the IVS sensors not firing when an IVS event is detected by camera.
on 3 cameras IPC T5241TM-AS, motion event and IVS events triger and can be seen in the log and automations easily work using these sensors.
however the rest of the cameras IPC HDW4231EM-ASE are receiving motion detection but no IVS events are recognized in the log. i have tried to reinstall the camera, change the IVS cross region(intrusion) or cross line (tripwire) but no luck.
its strange that motuion detection works on these but the IVS is not recognized byt he Dahua integration.
does anyone have any ideas what the issue could be?

and also, just curious if anyone had issues with random sudden entries in the log that - camera became unavailable - this happens at least 3-4 times/ day at random times wihtout any interaction from my side whats so ever.
maybe some bug in the code, but im not sure where.

any help is greatly appreciated.
thanks

tschi

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

just wondering if you could help me with solving an issue with the IVS sensors not firing when an IVS event is detected by camera.
on 3 cameras IPC T5241TM-AS, motion event and IVS events triger and can be seen in the log and automations easily work using these sensors.
however the rest of the cameras IPC HDW4231EM-ASE are receiving motion detection but no IVS events are recognized in the log. i have tried to reinstall the camera, change the IVS cross region(intrusion) or cross line (tripwire) but no luck.
its strange that motuion detection works on these but the IVS is not recognized byt he Dahua integration.
does anyone have any ideas what the issue could be?

and also, just curious if anyone had issues with random sudden entries in the log that - camera became unavailable - this happens at least 3-4 times/ day at random times wihtout any interaction from my side whats so ever.
maybe some bug in the code, but im not sure where.

any help is greatly appreciated.
thanks
Hello, I don't if it helps, for me, ivs alert make the switch smart motion human to on. The cross line and cross region doesn't work.
I guess that same as here CrossLineDetection not processed correctly in home assistant · Issue #189 · rroller/dahua
I have two 5442.

Reaction score
taking a look at different services in the integration, now that I'm home.
some other integrations have the ability to lock/unlock a door. unsure if those are done via i/o terminal to a magnetic/electric lock?
I wonder if it is related to the dahua.vto_open_door service.
Some other research has folks doing python coding that when the lock icon on a VTH is pressed, their wifi/zwave door unlocks/locks.
But I see no service in this integration for that ability. Could that be an option?
To be clear, I'm asking if it is possible to add a service that when the lock/unlock icon is pressed during a video call on the VTH, it would be able to lock/unlock a smart door lock that is already integrated into HA.
Hi!

Did you find a solution for this? I'm exactly at the same point and I don't know how to detect when the unlock button is pressed in order to open the Nuki. It seems a pretty common need, but not sure how to solve it.

Thanks a lot in advance!

Jordi

usaf_pride

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Has anyone found a way to turn of email notifications on an NVR? It would be great to have a toggle to prevent 5M photos when out doing yard work!

R7r7

n3wb
Reaction score
Has anyone found a way to turn of email notifications on an NVR? It would be great to have a toggle to prevent 5M photos when out doing yard work!
i use presence detection in home assistant so that when i am home my internal cameras disable IVs triggers to avoid unnecessary video recording / alerts etc.

xlarons

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
i use presence detection in home assistant so that when i am home my internal cameras disable IVs triggers to avoid unnecessary video recording / alerts etc.
How do you disable IVS triggers based on HA sensor output please? Do you mean IVS triggers on an NVR?

R7r7

n3wb
Reaction score
Sorry for delay, I don't get notifications. This could be super overkill for what you are trying to do.

I use Xeoma as my recording platform and it has a module which allows you to enable or disable recording via an http request so:

camera -> HA -> xeoma http on -> record on
camera -> HA -> xeoma http off -> record off

i have also setup rest commands in HA for example:

#IVS On and Off
rest_command:
ivs_on_lounge:
url: "http://192.168.xx.xx:xxx/http_switcher_on?module=HttpSwitcher.4"
ivs_off_lounge:
url: "http://192.168.xx.xx:xxx/http_switcher_off?module=HttpSwitcher.4"

i then bundle the IVS commands into a script for all internal cameras and the automation is as follows:

alias: Internal IVS off after 9am when one of us is home
description: ""
trigger:
- platform: state
entity_id:
- person.1
to: home
- platform: state
entity_id:
- person.2
to: home
enabled: true
condition:
- condition: and
conditions:
- condition: time
after: "09:00:00"
before: "19:59:59"
action:
- service: script.ivs_internal_off
data: {}
mode: single

Internal cameras record from 8pm to 9am anyway.