Looking for help finding a 4-8 channel 1080p NVR

BORIStheBLADE

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Feeling a bit overwhelmed looking at NVRs.
I will probably only really have 4 cameras up but don't mind getting a 8 camera set up for future proof. So I will be running 1080p cameras max, don't need POE but I don't have a problem getting one with it. I don't need PTZ and the only camera I have right now is a Amcrest. It was a quick purchase I can make off amazon for security.

So any recommendation on NVR brands to look at would be appreciated.

Thanks

Fastb

Known around here
Reaction score
Boris,

There is a wealth of info already here. Most basic-to-medium questions have already been asked and answered. Searching this already-existing info is often more productive, and faster, than starting a new thread and waiting for folks to answer.

Try these threads for info:

Please help me out, newbie :)
Resource Guide on IP Technology for all Noobs
Dahua 2MP Starlight Lineup
Help with new system

A 16 cam NVR isn't much more expensive than 8. Cheap future proof insurance. Many people add cams later!
Choose Starlight Varifocal, so you can "dial in" the FOV you need. Don't get wide angle, ie:2.8mm lens.
I say this because you said you need 4 cams. I worried you think that's enough to cover your property.... It probably isn't if you want to identify people and faces.
POE is the way to go!
NVR brands: stick to Dahua or Hikvision.

Good luck,
Fastb

BORIStheBLADE

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Than
Boris,

There is a wealth of info already here. Most basic-to-medium questions have already been asked and answered. Searching this already-existing info is often more productive, and faster, than starting a new thread and waiting for folks to answer.

Try these threads for info:

Please help me out, newbie :)
Resource Guide on IP Technology for all Noobs
Dahua 2MP Starlight Lineup
Help with new system

A 16 cam NVR isn't much more expensive than 8. Cheap future proof insurance. Many people add cams later!
Choose Starlight Varifocal, so you can "dial in" the FOV you need. Don't get wide angle, ie:2.8mm lens.
I say this because you said you need 4 cams. I worried you think that's enough to cover your property.... It probably isn't if you want to identify people and faces.
POE is the way to go!
NVR brands: stick to Dahua or Hikvision.

Good luck,
Fastb
Thank you for the reply. Any recommendations on reputable places to by this hardware? Doesn't look like a lot of the usual places carry their stuff.

Thanks

cdltech

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
@BORIStheBLADE
You have a couple choices.
You can write a private message to Empiretecandy his name is Andy. He has a website but I don't have it off hand. I usually just private message him what I want. He sends an invoice to my email.
Another choice is www.cctv-mall.com .

I have ordered from both. I am going to order from Andy from now on. He will give you some deals if you email or private message him here. His prices and shipping is better than cctv-mall. At least in my cases. If he has it in stock. He ships fast. He usually has some of the mostly commonly asked for models. If he doesn't. He gets them directly from Dahua's stock. If Dahua doesn't have it. Then you will have to wait for manufacturing to make it. That unfortunately can take up to 3 weeks. That is what I am waiting for now. The nvr I want wasn't in stock. Andy is honest. If he has it or Dahua has it in stock. You will get it pretty quickly. (in my experience)

The thing that annoys me about cctv-mall. Their website will show something in stock. When you go to order it. You will get an email the next day saying it isn't. They will have to order from Dahua. That means if Duaha has it in stock. Cctv will ship it once they get it from Dahua. If Dahua doesn't. Dahua will need to manufacture it.

<edit>
Andy's email is hardworking.andy@gmail.com . If you choose to email him instead of private message here. Tell him you are a member of ipcamtalk.