Looking for help setting up Reolink NVR with a camera from another brand.

JoshM

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have an RL8-410 and cant get my dahua camera to show video on the nvr. It says connecton failed even though it found it. I changed compression to H.264 on the camera, fps to 25, cbr and tried ports 8000,9000 to no avail. Any other workarounds?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Just remember what Reolink says...

They are quiet on their specs, so who knows the real capability of that NVR, but like I said in your other thread, do not max the camera out.

For kicks and grins drop the FPS to like 5FPS, bitrate to 1000 and see if that gets it below the bandwidth bottleneck if that is the reason.

The Z12E ONVIF port is 80.

JoshM

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I will tryb
Just remember what Reolink says...

They are quiet on their specs, so who knows the real capability of that NVR, but like I said in your other thread, do not max the camera out.

For kicks and grins drop the FPS to like 5FPS, bitrate to 1000 and see if that gets it below the bandwidth bottleneck if that is the reason.

The Z12E ONVIF port is 80.
I will try that. I feel like the NVR is capable. My Reolink cameras are running at 8MP resolution, 25fps, 6-8mbps bitrate just fine. I noticed reolink calls for 3rd party cameras to be Onvif 2.1 compliant. That version is 9 yrs old. The dahua has a new version of 20.06. Here are my port settings for the camera and NVR.

Someone left a review on Amazon saying a firmware update from Reolink now blocked Onvif connections. If that is true perhaps I could downgrade the firmware on the NVR and disable auto-update.

Attachments