Looking for Indoor Camera - low cost, wifi, battery

dstopp

n3wb
Reaction score
Ok, I have BI running with 5 of the famed dahua starlight camera's and I love it.

I now want to add a cheap indoor wifi camera for monitoring my bathroom remodelers. Because of location limitations it would need to be battery powered. The three I have checked out do not seem to be configurable with BI (arlo, blink, logi circle). I know these will not be great, just want something that I can record to monitor their work.

Anyone have a suggestion?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Ok, I have BI running with 5 of the famed dahua starlight camera's and I love it.

I now want to add a cheap indoor wifi camera for monitoring my bathroom remodelers. Because of location limitations it would need to be battery powered. The three I have checked out do not seem to be configurable with BI (arlo, blink, logi circle). I know these will not be great, just want something that I can record to monitor their work.

Anyone have a suggestion?
There is no battery powered camera that works with blue iris and there never will be unless battery technology improves by a few thousand percent...
Those battery powered cams stand alone wont last long if the remodelers are there 8 hours a day because it will be constantly recording...you will need to change batteries often..

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Note that a cheap 50 dollar camera like this can be powered by POE but transmit signal via wifi...so you can use a small poe injector, or cheap switch and run a single ethernet cable to it, even if you cannot connect it to the network via ethernet..
Seems a good value indoor domestic camera

dstopp

n3wb
Reaction score
Lol, this explains why I couldn't find one that seemed to work. Thanks for the replies.

marku2

Known around here
Reaction score
Lol get your self a 50cal ammo box a good mini dome (wifi enabled) fit a good size sla battery inside the ammo box and stick that in the bathroom.
A mate of mine had got an arlo system' it lasted only a week I now have those in a box labeled the worst idea ever,he now has a mini dome system around his home.