Looking to hire someone to integrate Blue Iris

Atlalien

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I've just purchased a new home and will be moving in a few weeks. I'm in the IT field and I'm pretty technically inclined, but I also have a baby on the way and don't have time to properly learn and set up Blue Iris. I can install the hardware and cameras no problem but I need help setting up the software, I'm willing to pay someone to remote in and setup Blue Iris with best practices including AI vision , alerts etc.

Can someone point me in the right direction?

Also will want some advice on best cameras. I'm coming from unifi protect and I'm just not happy with the reliability and feature set.

Rob2020

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I would recommend you order from the ipcamtalk store and download and try to integrate it yourself. I have average IT skills, not in the IT field, I had zero issues getting it up and running. There is a learning curve but even downloading and running at default settings with very little configuration was very acceptable to start.

Someone might be able to offer a better solution but I avoided (unnecessarily) Blue Iris based upon what I read before I gave it a try.

ETA Dahua cameras are highly regarded on this forum. Make sure you read the cliff notes which is found pinned at the wiki section.

Rob2020

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I don't have the time unfortunately.

Really looking to just hire someone.

Hopefully you won't have trouble finding someone since you are in a big city. I am sure there are several dealers in the area that install ip cams and are familiar with BI. Everyone on the forum has been helpful to my past inquiries. I am sure some Members will have some dealer recommendations.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@Atlalien ,

For local help and pricing, I suggest you do this: Go to the Better Business Bureau here. Up at the top, type in to search for a desired category and type in your city, state. I suggest you deal only with the ones accredited by the BBB and with an A+ rating.

Below are two category searches in your area; one for "VIDEO SURVEILLANCE" and a second one (maybe better for "Blue Iris") for "SURVEILLANCE EQUIPMENT".

CATEGORY: VIDEO SURVEILLANCE

CATEGORY: SURVEILLANCE EQUIPMENT

Last edited:

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Having someone jumpstart you is a good idea but you'll likely end up doing a lot of it yourself. It's not really a setup-once-and-forget kind of program so don't expect that. Once you have things working the way that you want for your location/requirements/preferences you won't have to mess with it much. But expect some time getting to that point. You'll need to understand how things work and where settings are.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
Hopefully somebody comes along and offers a hand, I'm Joe six pack. I have 1/2 a year of Cisco, 2 years retail at MicroCenter,Circuit City etc, and 1 year of screwing with BI.
Can you get yourself an HP Elitedesk 800 G4 SFF? clean install Win10, I'll try and find the Intel graphic driver That Fenderman pointed me to. It's stabilizes BI on this hardware.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
or well this too. Generation newer. HP EliteDesk 800 G5 SFF, i7-9700, 3.00GHz, 8GB RAM, 256GB NVMe, C3*379 | eBay

I'm running this model with 15 cameras on BI and streaming 12 Analog Cameras thru a Nightowl HD Windows App.

I experience better Playback and search performance when I run twin HDD for the the Cams. The Elitedesk actually has the SATA cable and ports to do this.
and Dell which I'm more seasoned with no longer has 2-3.5" bays in a MT or SFF. unless maybe you get an XPS tower or something.

Last edited:
As an eBay Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Jkgcvh

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I've just purchased a new home and will be moving in a few weeks. I'm in the IT field and I'm pretty technically inclined, but I also have a baby on the way and don't have time to properly learn and set up Blue Iris. I can install the hardware and cameras no problem but I need help setting up the software, I'm willing to pay someone to remote in and setup Blue Iris with best practices including AI vision , alerts etc.

Can someone point me in the right direction?

Also will want some advice on best cameras. I'm coming from unifi protect and I'm just not happy with the reliability and feature set.
Did you end up finding a solution for this? I’m in the exact same position and willing to pay someone to consult with me. There are a ton of members on here with years and years of experience with this stuff and it seems only natural for that experience and expertise to be a marketable service. I’d gladly pay $50 an hour, maybe more.

edit -I see that this is a service offered in the site store, so I’ve reached out there.

Last edited:

Jkgcvh

n3wb
Reaction score
Did you end up finding a solution for this? I’m in the exact same position and willing to pay someone to consult with me. There are a ton of members on here with years and years of experience with this stuff and it seems only natural for that experience and expertise to be a marketable service. I’d gladly pay $50 an hour, maybe more.

edit -I see that this is a service offered in the site store, so I’ve reached out there.
In case others stumble upon this thread seeking the same solution, I’d like to note that I was not able to secure the service from the store after all. Made an appointment that was not kept, and exchanged a message or two, but nothing actionable. So again, I believe there is a need here that is not being met.

Reaction score
Were either of you able to locate someone who offers Blue Iris support / installation consulting?

I am also looking to someone who offers remote BI consulting for a $$$ paid Fee. I have installed POE cameras, POE Switch, Dell Optiplex 7040, Win 10
with 2 NIC cards. I've not heard back from the IP CAM Store regarding a booking. Please let me know if anyone could offer a referral.
Thank You !!

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Were either of you able to locate someone who offers Blue Iris support / installation consulting?

I am also looking to someone who offers remote BI consulting for a $$$ paid Fee. I have installed POE cameras, POE Switch, Dell Optiplex 7040, Win 10
with 2 NIC cards. I've not heard back from the IP CAM Store regarding a booking. Please let me know if anyone could offer a referral.
Thank You !!
See your direct message.

Reaction score
Does anyone know if Integration Support is still available for Blue Iris? I began setting up my system last year. Mike did help me install the cameras. We were going to finish up
the install but he never got back to me. I signed up for a couple of confirmation bookings, but never got a response, nor any replys to my emails. Anyone know if this is still available? If not, I will start a search elsewhere. Any info greatly appreciated.