Looking to replace 4 Logitech 750e cameras

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
2048 × 1536:
Angle of view: 70°(4mm), 43.3°(6mm), 20.6°(12mm)
1920 × 1080:
Angle of view: 79°(4mm), 49°(6mm), 23.2°(12mm)

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
What do you think of the Dahua IPC-HFW2300R-Z? It doesn't have audio or an SD card slot but the motorized zoom and focus sounds very appealing for the driveway camera (this is the camera that provides security for not just me but the neighborhood - the police have used the clips from this camera on several occasions).

The Hikvision DS-2CD2632F-I also looks good for that purpose - and it has an SD card slot and the 3D DNR & DWDR & BLC features - no mic though - poo! Not sure if the price difference is worth it though.
I have never used that particular dahua..but I can tell you that when i replaced a 2032 4mm hikvision with a 2.8mm dahua IPC-HDW4300C the angle of view was just about the same..so if you need the viewing angle i think the hik would be a better choice..I dont know if this translates across all dahua models..
Note the DS-2CD2632F is available in an IS version that has connections for audio in/out..

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Also if you are looking for cameras with sd cards as a backup in case your blue iris machine fails/crashes you might consider a cheap NVR for continuous recording....

Zxel

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
2048 × 1536:
Angle of view: 70°(4mm), 43.3°(6mm), 20.6°(12mm)
1920 × 1080:
Angle of view: 79°(4mm), 49°(6mm), 23.2°(12mm)
I am really going to have to wait till I mount one to tell, I seriously cannot get a handle on the width using the vids, they all look wide enough to me.

I have never used that particular dahua..but I can tell you that when i replaced a 2032 4mm hikvision with a 2.8mm dahua IPC-HDW4300C the angle of view was just about the same..so if you need the viewing angle i think the hik would be a better choice..I dont know if this translates across all dahua models..
Note the DS-2CD2632F is available in an IS version that has connections for audio in/out..
Available with audio, oooh me likes that. Do you think the price premium is worth it? The SD card slot is really only there in case the computer gets stolen - just another place to keep a vid copy - but I can do without it if needed, I already have other copy methods in place.

Zxel

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I just noticed the Hik 2.8mm - 12mm isn't motorized like the Dahua - and yet it is more expensive?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
The dahua has BLC / HLC / DWDR...if you buy from aliexpress you can have the 2632 or 2732 for about 170....they are a pain to adjust...It is nice to have a motorized varifocal..I dont know how they will compare for angle of view...

Zxel

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Time would be a factor for me so I probably would not buy from aliexpress - I need to sell my cameras now while the price is hot and don't want to be without cameras for the time it would take to get them. Thank you for the advice though - the money savings are indeed impressive.

RyanODan

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
I would go for a Hikvision 27/2632 or the new varifocal Dahua Dome.

Zxel

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Very nice, I can't find it for sale anywhere though, even china. :cool:

I have been seriously considering getting one "super camera" and normal 2MP cameras for just the views around the house, here is one of the cameras I'm looking at for the "super" part Dahua SD6582A-HN I can pick one up for under $700 and after looking at this video:

I can't imagine what I couldn't see with it and it moves 370 deg/sec, so with a high speed controler pad it should qualify as "super". :cool:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Very nice, I can't find it for sale anywhere though, even china. :cool:

I have been seriously considering getting one "super camera" and normal 2MP cameras for just the views around the house, here is one of the cameras I'm looking at for the "super" part Dahua SD6582A-HN I can pick one up for under $700 and after looking at this video:

I can't imagine what I couldn't see with it and it moves 370 deg/sec, so with a high speed controler pad it should qualify as "super". :cool:
PTZ is a nice toy, unless you are going to hook it up to sensors like user @nayr has done...otherwise its pretty much pointless and you are better off with a few fixed cams...

Last edited by a moderator:

Zxel

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Setting up a patrol for the PTZ puts it beyond a toy, I use PTZ camera's currently in the house and they work fine for my needs, setting a good patrol makes them effective for my needs. The PTZ capabilites are best if you are manning the camera, which most people don't do (they are mostly for security while away), however, my needs are different then most - the cameras were originally installed so we (wife and I) can watch the dogs, security is secondary (because there is almost always one of us at the house).

My wife is a voyeur, she loves to look around the neighborhood and this camera should fit the bill nicely.

The house will still have "standard" camera's around it, the "super" camera would be in addition to it. I've been looking at the china sellers as you recommended earlier and the clones (the firmware issue isn't a problem for me), at the prices they are it looks like I can get a 5MP camera and just run it at 1080p 30fps until a time or location requires more. Here is one I'm looking at over on Ebay, I would get the "T" or "M" version though. Somethng like this or one of the Hikvisions would be my standard "around the house" camera.

I would like to have one camera that I could use as a "standard" for around the house, I'll need six for full coverage. I may install a few specialty cameras in some locations. I've already sold three of the logitech cameras - only one 750e left, so I'm close to pulling the trigger. There is just a flood of high quality cameras out there to search thru. :)

As an eBay Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I guess if you are watching dogs or the neighborhood that is a totally different animal, but for security patrols make no sense without someone sitting there and watching..its better to have 24/7 coverage over a greater area..

Zxel

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
..its better to have 24/7 coverage over a greater area..
And I will. :D

Did you take a look at that camera over on Ebay? For the price it looks like I could use it for the six cameras around the house.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I would not buy any of those no name cameras.. You are asking for trouble... More MP does not mean better...
Some of the Aote Cams had issues with not using ir corrected lenses..

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
What do you think of the Hikvision DS-2CD2532F-IS with 2.8mm lense as a standard around the house camera?
it is a nice camera but two caveats 1) the IR is weak compared to the other hiks (about 1/3 as strong-based on their ratings) 2) there was a bad batch from china where the mic did not work so if the ir is of no concern then get from a us seller where you can return it.

Zxel

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
it is a nice camera but two caveats 1) the IR is weak compared to the other hiks (about 1/3 as strong-based on their ratings) 2) there was a bad batch from china where the mic did not work so if the ir is of no concern then get from a us seller where you can return it.
Well you're just a bundle of joy. Back to the search... :cool: