Loosing IP Address When Default Changed

botics

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hi all - I have four cameras all working with the default IP address from Dahua. I can pull all four cameras up and access them.

if I change the default address to a static unused IP address I loose access to the IP address and the camera. This happens in both web admin or Dahua NVR.

Thanks for the help.

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
So you can access all the cams using the same 192.168.0.108 IP address? How then do you select the particular cam you want to access.

botics

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
When I setup the cameras I use the default up address; they work. When I change to a specific IP address I loose the cameras.

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
Are you changing them to an ip on the same subnet your current network runs on? Are you making sure you aren’t changing them to an IP address that is already in use?

botics

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Are you changing them to an ip on the same subnet your current network runs on? Are you making sure you aren’t changing them to an IP address that is already in use?
Same subnet. Assigned new IP address on all four cameras. All cameras brand new from Andy (Empire). Hard reset allows me to see the default web admin and when I go to change in web admin or through NVR camera is lost.

botics

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Also these are four eyeball cameras (nothing special) model IPC-HDW5231R-ZE perhaps I need to update firmware?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
So you are changing one to 192.168.1.xxx and not like 172.168.1.xxx?

And you should be connecting them directly to the NVR and let it assign the IP address.

See this:

botics

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Going from default Dahua IP then changing to IP address within my network camera range. First time this has happened to me. My NVR has no POE - have an unmanaged IPCAMPOWER 24 port switch and a second for testing.

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
What is your existing subnet mask and ip range and what IP are you trying to assign it to? You are 100% you are assigning to a free ip address?

botics

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Yes. Super free IP.
Sub 255.255.255.0
IP Range 192.168.X.X

All other cameras on IP range working fine. Maybe firmware is what I am thinking?

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
Yeah that’s odd. If it’s a free IP then its normally a pretty easy exercise. Strange...

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
with a mask of Sub 255.255.255.0 the IP Range can not be 192.168.X.X . What is the first x value.

for example if not use NVR POE. All devices , The router, PC, NVR and Cameras all must be in the range of 192.168.1.x

Provide a complete network diagram with all the IP address specified, except the Router external address. All device names and manufactures.

Note the default IP address for Dahua cameras is 192.168.1.208

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Download the Dahua Config Tool here:

Unplug the NVR temporarily to remove that from the equation.

In the web admin on the cam change the IP address to a known free static IP in the same address space as whatever device you're accessing it (e.g., 192.168.1.99). On that same page, uncheck the box that says "Enable ARP/Ping to set IP address service." Be sure to hit save on that screen.

Try to access the cam by the assigned IP. You should be able to.

If not, run the Dahua Config Tool and see if it can find it.