Lorex Camera won't display on single view

Donson

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I hope you experts can help me out. I have a Lorex LNR616 4k system and recently purchased 2 extra 4k cameras E841CA-E 4K Ultra HD IP Security Camera. My issues is that I can get the cameras to display and record on my app but when it comes to my back sonic view 4K monitor it will show up and display in multi screen display (when I show more than one camera view) but when I go to click on the new camera to display it larger in single view it goes black. Any ideas?

Thank you for your help.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I hope you experts can help me out. I have a Lorex LNR616 4k system and recently purchased 2 extra 4k cameras E841CA-E 4K Ultra HD IP Security Camera. My issues is that I can get the cameras to display and record on my app but when it comes to my back sonic view 4K monitor it will show up and display in multi screen display (when I show more than one camera view) but when I go to click on the new camera to display it larger in single view it goes black. Any ideas?

Thank you for your help.
This occurs only on 1 or both NEW cams?

Have you logged into the new cams and the older cams to insure main and substreams are set up and enabled the same configuration (between new and existing/old cams) ?

Donson

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi mat200. Thank you for your reply. I have. They are different cameras. The Lorex website says they are compatible with my system. The support that I have called 3 times has been unable to help. I wish I understood more. Yesterday they told me it was because my monitor isn’t 4K. Except that it is a 4K monitor. Camera 1 is my old working cameras and camera 6 is one of the new ones. Again, the 2 new ones work except for when I try to view on single mode. And yes both of them are having this trouble. See any red flags?

Attachments

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi mat200. Thank you for your reply. I have. They are different cameras. The Lorex website says they are compatible with my system. The support that I have called 3 times has been unable to help. I wish I understood more. Yesterday they told me it was because my monitor isn’t 4K. Except that it is a 4K monitor. Camera 1 is my old working cameras and camera 6 is one of the new ones. Again, the 2 new ones work except for when I try to view on single mode. And yes both of them are having this trouble. See any red flags?
Hi @Donson...

What does resolution "D1" mean?

Donson

n3wb
Reaction score
Good question. That’s the sub stream. These are my options when I log on to Lorex Cloud app. Camera 1 and 6 are different cameras as mention and maybe I shouldn’t be comparing them. 1 came with my system and 6 is the new one.

Attachments

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Good question. That’s the sub stream. These are my options when I log on to Lorex Cloud app. Camera 1 and 6 are different cameras as mention and maybe I shouldn’t be comparing them. 1 came with my system and 6 is the new one.
Hi @Donson

Share all the stream info for the cameras.. most IP PoE cameras can have 2 streams... 3 streams for better cameras

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
d1 is a resplution specification 704x480.

Why is the resolution on the screen shots 1080P for a 4K camera ?
Are those screen shots from the NVR or from the camera ?

Donson

n3wb
Reaction score
d1 is a resplution specification 704x480.

Why is the resolution on the screen shots 1080P for a 4K camera ?
Are those screen shots from the NVR or from the camera ?
We had them at 3840x2160 and they wouldn’t display on the main monitor directly hooked up. We were just experimenting. I have put it back now.

Attachments

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
We had them at 3840x2160 and they wouldn’t display on the main monitor directly hooked up. We were just experimenting. I have put it back now.
Hi @Donson

I like to use the OSD ( attached monitor ) when configuring the NVR .. try to configure from there and see if everything looks good.