Lorex LNB8005-C with Blue Iris?

UghLorex

n3wb
Reaction score
I bought one of those Costco Lorex kits unfortunately. Initially it was decent but probably about 6 months after I purchased it, they changed their software and it's utter trash now. I don't think I can return it to Costco since I threw out all the boxes and Im probably missing some cables.

Does anyone know if the Lorex LNB8005-C will work with Blue Iris ? A couple threads say no or potentially upgrade firmware but I wasn't able to find any firm answers.

Thanks,

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I bought one of those Costco Lorex kits unfortunately. Initially it was decent but probably about 6 months after I purchased it, they changed their software and it's utter trash now. I don't think I can return it to Costco since I threw out all the boxes and Im probably missing some cables.

Does anyone know if the Lorex LNB8005-C will work with Blue Iris ? A couple threads say no or potentially upgrade firmware but I wasn't able to find any firm answers.

Thanks,
Hi @UghLorex

Sorry to hear that you do not have the original boxes and materials.

iirc, I did see some using the rtsp streams from that Camera with Blue Iris. Search the forum for that camera model, and hopefully someone has posted further details on it.

Is the original NVR able to have the latest firmware installed? Or did they stop offering updates?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If you Google this ==>> site:ipcamtalk.com Lorex LNB8005-C Blue Iris

You'll receives some results, the most promising IMO is Blue Iris w/ Lorex 4K bullets

In it you'll read how to locate a Quick Start Guide, reset the cam to defaults, log in with the default IP or use the Dahua Config Tool to access the cam, assign static IP, username and password.

Once that is done you just may be able in BI to put in the IP, user/pass in the "Camera settings"==>>"Video" tab==>>"Configure" section and click on "Find/inspect" and see if BI will populate the path entries; if it's ONVIF compatible, that should occur.

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
i have several Lorex lnb8005c's that I use with BI. they work, both as they came from Lorex, and with Dahua firmware (as 4830se, i think)

here's my video config screen for one of the stock units, with substream...

Attachments

Last edited:

UghLorex

n3wb
Reaction score
i have several Lorex lnb8005c's that I use with BI. they work, both as the came from Lorex, and with Dahua firmware (as 4830se, i think)

here's my video config screen for one of the stock units, with substream...
Thank you, how did you load the Dahua firmware? Just get the firmware and upload it to the camera directly? or is there some specific instructions?

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
search is your friend:

I would not bother/recommend it unless you really have an issue with the stock fw that the dahua FW is known to address...

Last edited:

TheWaterbug

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I'm helping my son put together a BI box for his mom's/my ex's house, and he has 5 out of 6 LNB8005-C units up and running in BI 5.5.

Still trying to figure out the password for camera 6 . . . .

TheWaterbug

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Yup! I just had him check, and these units have the hatch on the bottom, so I'll have him reset that one camera when he goes to her house next.

She's just fortunate that these Lorex units from a Costco boxed set are not gimped!

JH2000

n3wb
Reaction score
Just an FYI that years ago we bought a 16 camera Lorex LHV model from Costco. Yes, the UI was awful but we worked with the BI dev and he added our model to BI. Been 5 yrs or so now and hands down the most reliable system we've owned, and HD too. Before the Lorex system we had Axis, Acti, Sharx, Dahua, etc. and the Lorex knocks them all for six with regard to picture and reliability - at a fraction of the cost for 12 cameras too. Still going string today and running 12 Lorex cameras through BI. On an older 2016 Dell, our CPU runs at around 20% with most cameras recording constantly.
I'd buy Lorex again in a heartbeat.

TheWaterbug

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Yup! I just had him check, and these units have the hatch on the bottom, so I'll have him reset that one camera when he goes to her house next.

She's just fortunate that these Lorex units from a Costco boxed set are not gimped!
Reset successful! All 6 cameras are up and recording in BI.

edit: all on Lorex factory firmware, too.

Last edited:

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Just an FYI that years ago we bought a 16 camera Lorex LHV model from Costco. Yes, the UI was awful but we worked with the BI dev and he added our model to BI. Been 5 yrs or so now and hands down the most reliable system we've owned, and HD too. Before the Lorex system we had Axis, Acti, Sharx, Dahua, etc. and the Lorex knocks them all for six with regard to picture and reliability - at a fraction of the cost for 12 cameras too. Still going string today and running 12 Lorex cameras through BI. On an older 2016 Dell, our CPU runs at around 20% with most cameras recording constantly.
I'd buy Lorex again in a heartbeat.
Lorex cams are simply Dahua rebranded cams with some features stripped out.

TheWaterbug

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
So here's some footage from my ex's house, from the Lorex LNB8005-C cams on BI:

If you don't peep too carefully, you might think this is a ne'er-do-well, despite she blocks half the street with her car, and she looks like she's wearing a nightgown.

Her behavior is suspicious as hell, until you look closely . . . .

(watch on YouTube.com at 2x speed; it's a long video)

TheWaterbug

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure she thought this was someone's escaped pet. In her defense, it's not a very rural area. It's right across the street from a Trader Joe's and across a major street from a Northrop Grumman campus.