Lorex Software: FLIR Client 12; weird issue

commando_j

n3wb
Reaction score
And I got from support Lorex Client 13. If you look up the your DVR model you may find the link for the download. It's there one day and gone the next. Many links still show the old Client 12. This link worked today: https://www.lorextechnology.com/downloads/apps_updates/Lorex-Client-13/Lorex_Client_13_PC-v1_1_0_31-2018_06_26.zip
The kicker was I started the online chat because I wanted to know what "LF" file format was in the recording section settings. They informed me that Client 12 is no longer supported!! I told them everywhere on their site it still shows Client 12 and links for 1.0.0.66, not even 1.0.1.55. It even took them a few tries to give me a working link for Client 13. A few days before the downloads for my box only showed Client 12. Yesterday and this morning it showed Client 13 and 12 links. Now tonight, the links for Client 13 are gone again!!. The link I found above was in the download section for a similar model to my DVR.

Also from support I got FW 166 for my LHA4108. The auto update never finds anything but I asked online and they sent me 166.

Not impressed with how they are running their website, but at least their support was informed and helpful.

BTW LF file format stands for Lorex Format and you need a special player to view them.

Reaction score
Going back to 1.0.1.55 solved my problem (same as everyone else) and then I saw your post and Lorex Client 13 worked too. Thank you!

Not sure what the differences are between 12 and 13. Any idea?

mike renna

n3wb
Reaction score
Am I wrong to say that LOREX is crap? I was poking around the Lorex site to see why some cams were only substream. Saw the viewer app on the page below (I have an LHA2116 from costoco) and downloaded 1.0.0.66:

Lorex Support - Article Display

Had the same problem with only able to access 1 cam... this is Feb 2019... Quickly found this thread and how sksahai had this problem in May 2018... Then HE posts the better version in June 2018.

AND IN FEB 2019.... LOREX STILL HAS THE BROKEN VERSION ON THEIR SITE. HOW IS COSTCO, SUCH A QUALITY COMPANY STILL DEALING WITH THIS BRAIN DEAD OPERATION!?

I would think - their support is so lame and understaffed. If they put the right version on the website, they free up their script readers to sleep a bit more.

THANK YOU sksahai

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Am I wrong to say that LOREX is crap? I was poking around the Lorex site to see why some cams were only substream. Saw the viewer app on the page below (I have an LHA2116 from costoco) and downloaded 1.0.0.66:

Lorex Support - Article Display

Had the same problem with only able to access 1 cam... this is Feb 2019... Quickly found this thread and how sksahai had this problem in May 2018... Then HE posts the better version in June 2018.

AND IN FEB 2019.... LOREX STILL HAS THE BROKEN VERSION ON THEIR SITE. HOW IS COSTCO, SUCH A QUALITY COMPANY STILL DEALING WITH THIS BRAIN DEAD OPERATION!?

I would think - their support is so lame and understaffed. If they put the right version on the website, they free up their script readers to sleep a bit more.

THANK YOU sksahai
You want an NVR and 8/16 cameras +nvr with hard disk for 800-1200 that is the kind of support you are going to get. Good support is expensive. Costco is great but they sell crap too.

sksahai

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi

The Costco System that everyone jumped on when it was on sale is officially: LNK7108A and is now an bastard, neither Lorex or Costco want to claim parentage.

It's been a while and I have had some issues. A power outage knocked the NVR back into factory default mode and it took me forever to figure that one out. Could not log in at all from desktop via FLIR Client v55 or the app (had a fixed IP).

As Matt2000 mentioned, the particular provenance of this system is suspect, and no one can figure out what is compatible with it, since it does not talk to anything out there. This was a one hit wonder from Lorex/Costco and is not upgradeable or modifiable. When it came time to add the other cameras, I could not find any compatible ones anywhere. Finally found some dude who was apparently selling the exact same cameras from the Costco kit on Ebay and got them at under $100 each, so I now have 8 channels doing what they are supposed to do.

I'm sticking with FLIR Client 12 v55 as I am too scared to upgrade to 13.

I'm still annoyed at the substreams the apps pick up, only HD images are on the monitor that I use to connect to the NVR in a tiny closet and the PC I use in my study with FLIR 12 v 55.

I don't know if anyone has figured out an ONVIF stream where I can use 3rd party app or not with this system. The only advantage of the app is that it can connect other Lorex wireless cameras (Lorex FXC33V 4MP Outdoor Wi-Fi Bullet Camera with Color Night Vision), and I have two that monitor both garages to check when my middle aged brain can't remember if I closed them or not.

I went into this knowing that I would be locked into the Lorex universe, i just didn't realize that I would be locked into an orphan system.

Last edited:

umrico

n3wb
Reaction score
I am on the same boat with you. I am looking to know my options as the cameras seem to be great but the NVR lags within a day and I need to reboot it every night in order to get email updates in a semi timely fashion. Also they forced an upgrade to move to the Cirrus app and now I cannot reboot the NVR from the app and the app crashes, takes forever to switch cameras, and does not send instant alerts to the phone. It has took away 80% of the functionality of having an NVR. Please let me know if you or anyone has any better options. As for client 13 i uninstalled as i was unable to get pictures and video off the NVR since it kept popping up with some admin rights error despite me having admin rights to all machines in question.