Lorex

TheDude

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm not really sure on that to be honest.... Never tried it as the Dahua firmware is so much better but my guess is it would need to be done via the console cable.

Glad to hear you got it going on the Dahua firmware regardless though.

TheDude

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ah - the ones he linked at this post Lorex the flir and box links. No idea where he found those specific links.

There is also the OEM Lorex firmware wiki here > Index of /images/LX/Firmware and the regular Dahua firmware wiki I linked above. The Flir firmware wiki here > Index of /images/FLIR/Firmware

I dont know of any other "official" firmware repositories but I'm sure there are. When I got mine some time back I could not find anything but I sent Lorex a support and asked for a backup of my firmware and they sent me a link to get it.

TheDude

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Well I found a bunch more but there is no Wiki or index to browse them. It is complicated and its a large list.... Is there some specific firmware you are looking for?

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Had anyone been successful with the LNR6100 to convert it to dahua firmware?
Hi @harold

I do not recall anyone mentioning which Dahua OEM NVR that may map to with regards to the Dahua OEM firmware.

If you find mention of it, feel free to post the info and links to the source of info.

Fourier

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I looked briefly, the specs looked identical to NVR2108HS-8P-4KS2. The nvr2108 doesn’t support IVS or other advanced features I really wanted, so I gave up on the idea of loading Dahua firmware on my lnr6108. The only walkthrough I saw used the serial port as well, which the lnr6108 doesn’t have.

I’d be interested if you find anything else out.

surv8tor

n3wb
Reaction score
I am looking for firmware for a 8mp 4x variofocal camera with HWID IPC-HFW5830EN-Z-S2. I looked through the dahuawiki firmware repository and found the HX5x3x firmware files but the check.img files do not list this particular model. Right now the camera will not boot up (the bootloader/tftf functions fine). The lorex model number is LNB8973B.
Also, is anyone aware of a way to extract firmware from a working camera? Thx

V

michaelb

n3wb
Reaction score
This maybe some tangent information. I bought the non IP 16 channel system from costco in January 2019. I wanted to have a system that would do 30FPS at least 1080p. (Wildlife) The costco site and the LOREX site said it was possible. After I could not get the software to even have a drop down menu for over 15 FPS I called Costco who connected me to the LOREX engineer. Very helpful. I was told at that time none of the LOREX systems could do 30 FPS. I pointed out the website and was told it was a copy from the developing company. They found that the 1080 was subpar and down graded the abilities. To this day, the website continues to note 30 FPS is possible. Costco did correct their information. Moral of the story the Company Specs may not be honest.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
This maybe some tangent information. I bought the non IP 16 channel system from costco in January 2019. I wanted to have a system that would do 30FPS at least 1080p. (Wildlife) The costco site and the LOREX site said it was possible. After I could not get the software to even have a drop down menu for over 15 FPS I called Costco who connected me to the LOREX engineer. Very helpful. I was told at that time none of the LOREX systems could do 30 FPS. I pointed out the website and was told it was a copy from the developing company. They found that the 1080 was subpar and down graded the abilities. To this day, the website continues to note 30 FPS is possible. Costco did correct their information. Moral of the story the Company Specs may not be honest.
Hi @michaelb

Which kit and cameras did you get?

iirc many of the DVR kits have cameras which have lower fps compared to some of the IP NVR kits.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Lorex engineer said NONE of their kits could do 30 FPS. This was January 2019
Hi @michaelb,

I believe that statement to be incorrect ( aka "Lorex Engineer stating that none of their kits can do 30 fps" ), as Lorex introduced some Dahua OEM 8MP IP PoE cameras in the Dec 2018 time frame that are able to do 30 fps at 8MP. Also they've had lower resolutions IP PoE cameras that can handle 30 fps.

michaelb

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi @michaelb,

I believe that statement to be incorrect ( aka "Lorex Engineer stating that none of their kits can do 30 fps" ), as Lorex introduced some Dahua OEM 8MP IP PoE cameras in the Dec 2018 time frame that are able to do 30 fps at 8MP. Also they've had lower resolutions IP PoE cameras that can handle 30 fps.
I directly asked the woman ( from Ecuador ) if they had a system that could do 1080 30FPS, she said no. She mentioned that they had one set of cameras that could do 19 fps but would need a different box ( not sure if it was IP or standard) Would not supprise me if she gave me bad information as the website had wrong information. Here is the costco system I returned
Lorex 16CH 4K DVR 4TB 10 UHD 4K Bullet Camera Security System

Item #1220974

The point I was making is you can not rely on the posted specs.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I directly asked the woman ( from Ecuador ) if they had a system that could do 1080 30FPS, she said no. She mentioned that they had one set of cameras that could do 19 fps but would need a different box ( not sure if it was IP or standard) Would not supprise me if she gave me bad information as the website had wrong information. Here is the costco system I returned
Lorex 16CH 4K DVR 4TB 10 UHD 4K Bullet Camera Security System

Item #1220974

The point I was making is you can not rely on the posted specs.
HI @michaelb

Yes I would agree with regards to being cautious with regards to posted specs as there's often typos and cut and paste errors even from the better vendors, and certainly misrepresentation at times.

On that camera this is what the spec sheet from Lorex's website lists:
Image Sensor 4K (8MP), 1/2” CMOS
Video Format NTSC / PAL
Effective Pixels H: 3840 V: 2160
Resolution 4K(8MP)@15fps
ref: https://www.lorextechnology.com/downloads/security-cameras/LBV8531/LBV8531_Series_Specs_R1.pdf

( in general the Lorex DVR kit specs are not as nice as their NVR kits )

PointLookout247

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
has anyone been successful in updating the firmware for the LNB8005C? Lorex support is horrible, they never reply with a good answer and always close the ticket. The firmware that came with them are on 2.460.

PointLookout247

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
yeah... with 2 kids and a baby, the likelihood of me being able research this is not happening....lucky if i get 5 mins to myself on the throne without a little one knocking and asking what im doing!

PointLookout247

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
on another note, i plan to keep hounding the pants lorex support until they have had enough of me...their quickness to close a ticket resembles the offshore IT helpdesk i have at work...they close the ticket before they even reach out to you!