Loryta IPC-B5442E-Z4E 4MP Starlight+ WDR IR 8mm–32mm Motorized Lens Bullet

Jomsha

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Try record straight to sd card and you'll see the difference

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
my adjustment is very good now.. here is the capture yesterday night and today.. very clear on the license plate..
Macroblocking is a compression issue and can commonly be associated with bit rate or iframe issues. As others are running iframe at 2x fps so it shouldn't be an issue, but it might be worth trying 1x just to see if it improves and if you suffer the pulsing issue. The only other suggestion from me would be to check the encoder on the NVR is set to the same as the camera if it's re-encoding ie same compression standard, frame rate and any other settings available. Beyond that I'm not sure. Do you have another NVR to test with if all else fails? If not you could download the trial version of BI and try connecting it temporarily to your pc (just be careful where it's saving video to to ensure you don't over write anything, although you're only be testing for a few mins anyway), and just see if it exhibits the same issue. If it does it's a camera setting / issue. If not, it's a NVR setting / issue.

aboyz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Macroblocking is a compression issue and can commonly be associated with bit rate or iframe issues. As others are running iframe at 2x fps so it shouldn't be an issue, but it might be worth trying 1x just to see if it improves and if you suffer the pulsing issue. The only other suggestion from me would be to check the encoder on the NVR is set to the same as the camera if it's re-encoding ie same compression standard, frame rate and any other settings available. Beyond that I'm not sure. Do you have another NVR to test with if all else fails? If not you could download the trial version of BI and try connecting it temporarily to your pc (just be careful where it's saving video to to ensure you don't over write anything, although you're only be testing for a few mins anyway), and just see if it exhibits the same issue. If it does it's a camera setting / issue. If not, it's a NVR setting / issue.
thank you for this info. i'll try to set the iframe to the same as the frame rate and see if that improve. I will also try to plug in a sd card to record locally and see if that is better. I double check the setting on the nvr and camera and both are set the same. I will set both to use 1x iframe. I will get my sdcard tommorrow so this will be a good test..

thank you..

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm not guaranteeing it's iframe. The experience of others suggests not and it could introduce pulsing. However, it's worth a try before starting connecting different NVR's / BI to see if it's camera or NVR end, or neither indicating maybe an incompatible setting between the two.

aboyz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
ok.. the result. seem to be a setting on camera itself. i attached a sdcard into the camera so it can record locally. I think its a auto focus setting. when i watch live on the camera i see grainy spot coming and going, on the top left of the trash bin. Attached are some of the images. In night time I can't tell if its grainy or not becuase its pitch black. but for day time you can really tell its grainy.

Attachments

aboyz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
ok. here is my configuration..

Attachments

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
At full zoom, some fields of view have some trouble, especially during certain times of the day when you have a lot of contrast between sun and shadow areas as you have here and can also get this with a lower bitrate. For kicks bump it to 20480 and see what happens. Now the NVR will probably never be able to handle that, but see if on the SD card if it improves.

Also, when you are at full zoom of a camera, noise is going to be a little more noticeable. Keep in mind that this camera as you have configured it is strictly for capturing plates - if the camera happens to catch anything else, that is a bonus - but the focus is on plates.

I think your night time shots are fine and what you are seeing is just the tight angle you are at.

aboyz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
ok.. bumping it up to 20480 and see what happend :)

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah - that looks much better!

I have also noticed when zoomed in so tight, the texture of blacktop seems to require a higher bitrate. My highest bitrate camera is my plate camera.

aboyz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
i think that is the best we can do.. still grainy when car is moving. but not bad.. I mean all i wanted is capture the license plate. :) . I would say this is the best this camera can do.. right?

Attachments

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
At full zoom, you will see that. You might be able to minimize it by making gain the same number min and max, but keep in mind that you may then experience issues during real cloudy days or sunrise and sunset - it is a balancing act trying to make a camera get plates, and there will be a trade off somewhere.

aboyz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
yeah.. i think i'm fine with this setup. I'm not really into the other object.. license plate is my main concern. :) thank you again for all your help..

Reaction score
I've seen that graininess on my 5442's when the sharpness is set high. You have it set at 60. On two I have it set at 50 and on one that is viewing the brick on my house I dropped it to 35 to clean it up.