Losing line crossing settings

psycowby

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello folks.

I would like to ask you for some kind of help. I made a system with NVR DS-7732NI-I4-16P(B) and 8pcs outdoor DS-2CD2646G2-I. There i have also 6pcs DS-2CD2145FWD-I-4MPix in the system but i am having a problem only with outdoor cameras.

When i set up all parameters for line crossing - area (lines), arming schedule (0-7 / 17-24) and linkage (email+app) - its saved for 2-3 days. Then arming schedule is overwritten to default values 0-24 and trigger boxes in linkage tab are not checked anymore and i have to set up both these tabs again - arming schedule and linkage boxes.

Do you have any idea what to check/see? Does not matter if i am making new settings via NVR, Hik-Proconnect or remotely via IP. Everytime is going back to default values. Strange is that i am not having this problem with indoor cameras, there is settings still stored like i did it months ago...

Thanks for help. Martin

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
remotely via IP. Everytime is going back to default values.
My guess - if you are using 'port forwarding' to do this - the cameras are being hacked from the internet.
IP cameras have security vulnerabilities that can be exploited by the internet hackbots.
What firmware version is on the outdoor cameras?

Suggestion :
Shut down port forwarding and see if the problem persists.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Have you checked of UPnP is enabled on both the cameras and the router?
If so, ports could be open without you knowing about it.

You can check by using ShieldsUp! If you do an all ports scan.

psycowby

n3wb
Reaction score
So i have checked all settings and UPNP was turned off. But after update of web tools NVR is keeping its settings, one week and my schedule still out there :). Problem solved. Thanks for any ideas.

Martin