Lost Connection to Service and then client closes

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I see nothing that will cause a crash.
You have either a major network problem or a power problem that is messing with the switch and router. It is strange to have everything go to hell at the same time on the network.

Look at the windows event viewer and see if anything jumps out at around that time. I have no idea at what to look for.

All my equipment is on UPS, the router, all switches (POE) and the BI PC.

Reaction score
I see nothing that will cause a crash.
You have either a major network problem or a power problem that is messing with the switch and router. It is strange to have everything go to hell at the same time on the network.

Look at the windows event viewer and see if anything jumps out at around that time. I have no idea at what to look for.

All my equipment is on UPS, the router, all switches (POE) and the BI PC.
Thanks again for trying to help on this. I hope that support will reply to me soon. I will for sure let you know here if I hear anything back

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Send this error off to support also.
The VCRUNTIME is all the code provided by Microsoft visual studios C runtime library. This error can be caused by a bug in the library or a bug in blue iris that is calling the library.

It just shows something is wrong. But i can not tell you what.

pmac

n3wb
Reaction score
I'd just like to chime in to say I've been getting this exact same issue for quite some time now. I'm not at home to post screenshots right now, so I'll update this after work, but just wanted to mention that I'm running BI as a service as well, with a live console 24/7.

When I get this error I lose the ability to access UI3, and the console freezes, but my recordings are uninterrupted. As others have stated, clicking "OK" causes the console to close, and then after reopening the console everything works as intended again, and I regain access to UI3 as well.

I've also noticed that while UI3 and the console isn't working until I click OK and restart the console, I can still access my feeds through the BI android app just fine.

Strange issue indeed, and it happens pretty much every night; I just left for work about 30 minutes ago after restarting the console so my wife would be able to see the camera feeds throughout the day.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I'd just like to chime in to say I've been getting this exact same issue for quite some time now. I'm not at home to post screenshots right now, so I'll update this after work, but just wanted to mention that I'm running BI as a service as well, with a live console 24/7.

When I get this error I lose the ability to access UI3, and the console freezes, but my recordings are uninterrupted. As others have stated, clicking "OK" causes the console to close, and then after reopening the console everything works as intended again, and I regain access to UI3 as well.

I've also noticed that while UI3 and the console isn't working until I click OK and restart the console, I can still access my feeds through the BI android app just fine.

Strange issue indeed, and it happens pretty much every night; I just left for work about 30 minutes ago after restarting the console so my wife would be able to see the camera feeds throughout the day.
Send an email to support, as per the BI helpfile. He doesn't visit here.