Lost in lala land!

Hound Dog 911

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
OK. I'm just throwing out a round number I'm guessing this will cost.

misterfredsr

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@foobart told me to PM him on the form to start a conversation with him. I guess that's the best way to order from him.

Hound Dog 911

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I did and emailed him. Just making sure I'm on the right track. We have been corresponding.

foobart

n3wb
Reaction score
hound dog, not sure you should be posting that info publicly, i haven't seen it posted before. If so you should edit your post and take it out, and keep more specific info in the PMs (conversation).

Hound Dog 911

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I understand. I deleted it. Just wanted to make sure I was talking to the same person . Or the correct person I should say.

Last edited:

Hound Dog 911

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Computer and WD Purple drive came in today. The tower didn't have room for another drive but I made it work. Old fashion zip ties saved the day. Blue Iris installed and for giggles plugged a USB camera in. Worked. BI by first glance is overwhelmingly thorough. It's going to take some learning. I'm excited!

Hound Dog 911

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I ran 1-1/2" PVC pipe from the attic to the laundry room where the cat 6 cable will feed to the switch. Will make life so much simpler when I start installing the cameras.

Camit

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I ran 1-1/2" PVC pipe from the attic to the laundry room where the cat 6 cable will feed to the switch. Will make life so much simpler when I start installing the cameras.
Would love to see more pictures if you have time

Hound Dog 911

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I will snap some pics the next trip to the attic. There is a channel for the chimney like stack that runs from hot water heater. It's almost like an asbestos material. But there was a ton of room in the cavity. Just bought (3) 5' sections of pipe and some connectors. Shove a piece through and glue adapter on then connect next 5' piece. Made a box out of 2x4 and ran a couple screws through the pvc pipe in the sides of the box so the pipe would hang down the void. Gtg!

Hound Dog 911

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Fun? I have 1000' of Cat 6a cable. Made a jumper from my modem to wireless router to get my feet wet. Man those 2 piece RJ45's are a bitch!

Hound Dog 911

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Will probably trim the pipe a little shorter. It will get the job done. No cams so far. Not looking good for today. I ordered a network cable tester. It's coming Wednesday.

Camit

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Will probably trim the pipe a little shorter. It will get the job done. No cams so far. Not looking good for today. I ordered a network cable tester. It's coming Wednesday.
What tester did you buy