Louis Rossmann : Elderly NYC store clerk ARRESTED for defending himself against abusive criminal - fk NYC

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Elderly NYC store clerk ARRESTED for defending himself against abusive criminal - fk NYC
Louis Rossmann

I'd love to see the CCTV footage Rossman mentioned, not that it would change my opinion, just curious. These hokey-wokey blue cities with their Dem mayors and their Dem butt-kissing, photo posing DA's and ADA's need to be sent packing, looking for REAL work like the rest of us poor bastids.... :mad:

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I'd love to see the CCTV footage Rossman mentioned, not that it would change my opinion, just curious. These hokey-wokey blue cities with their Dem mayors and their Dem butt-kissing, photo posing DA's and ADA's need to be sent packing, looking for REAL work like the rest of us poor bastids.... :mad:

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Active Self Protection coverage ..

Top comments

1657487077247.png

in case youtube censors this .. a couple of key frames ..

1657487260763.png
1657487286545.png

Here is the clerk's counter ..

1657487356748.png
1657487514382.png

Last edited:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Active Self Protection coverage ..

Top comments

View attachment 133163

in case youtube censors this .. a couple of key frames ..

View attachment 133164
View attachment 133165

Here is the clerk's counter ..

View attachment 133166
View attachment 133167
Tubby is out of his fucking mind. There is no better example of proper self defense. His channel is worthless based on this BS analysis. He doesnt think this doesnt looks like he his highly likely to be killed? Is he fucking insane? He needs to shut his channel down.

SyconsciousAu

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Tubby is out of his fucking mind. There is no better example of proper self defense. His channel is worthless based on this BS analysis. He doesnt think this doesnt looks like he his highly likely to be killed? Is he fucking insane? He needs to shut his channel down.
The important thing to remember is that self defence is not about what the third party thinks would have happened but what the person using force in self defence genuinely believed in that moment. The belief doesn't even have to be reasonable.

Of course even when the belief is genuinely held the force used must be an objectively reasonable response. I can't say what was in his mind but given the physical disparity between the accused and the deceased I wouldnt call it unreasonable from here.

SyconsciousAu

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
It’s a Soros-backed DA who is going after the bodega clerk sending a message that criminals are the victims. :puke:
Did you expect anything else from a system that normalises corruption? Prosecutor's decisions should be based on law, ethics, and morals, in that order. When you have a system where the people making those decisions are dependent on the people who vote for them, and the people that fund their re-election campaign, decisions get made based on political and financial considerations. The system becomes irreparably corrupted.

SyconsciousAu

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I'm going to need to correct what I posted earlier. I just read the NY state legislation and the test is double objective rather than subjective / objective like most of the common law world.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
John C's an idiot...I don't think I'm sticking my neck out too far when I say he's never been in that kind of position and therefore has no qualified opinion, IMO.
He suggested the clerk be more diplomatic regarding their lack of funds and should not have grabbed the bag of chips out of her hands...he has NO idea what was said. He also suggested pepper spray, etc. Oh, yeah...this man jumps behind your counter, pushes you back against the counter, still saying only God knows what, lays hands on you and he won't be REALLY pissed until you hit and miss with the pepper spray? Would THAT have been more to your preference, John C.?

Shut up, John.....you're clueless. :drool::confused:

Last edited:

SyconsciousAu

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
John C's an idiot...I don't think I'm sticking my neck out too far when I say he's never been in that kind of position and therefore has no qualified opinion, IMO.
He suggested the clerk be more diplomatic regarding their lack of funds and should not have grabbed the bag of chips out of her hands...he has NO idea what was said. He also suggested pepper spray, etc. Oh, yeah...this man jumps behind your counter, pushes you back against the counter, still saying only God know, lays hands on you and he won't be REALLY pissed until you hit and miss with the pepper spray? Would THAT have been more to your preference, John C.?

Shut up, John.....you're clueless. :drool::confused:
I'm going to have to watch the video later to understand the context he said these things in. In the context of a Police Officer or other trained and prepared person it isn't bad advice but each case of self defence is unique and gets taken on its merits. That the shopkeeper used what appears to be a weapon of opportunity suggests that he hadn't given too much thought to what he was going to do in a self defence situation and his actions should be judged in that context.