Low Camera mounting ideas??

noxcuses

n3wb
Reaction score
Most camera mounting locations seem to be around the roof line of a house/building. I would like to put a camera around 4ft or possibly close to the ground facing upward. There have been a couple instances of people walking around the neighborhood stealing stuff from unlocked cars. They are smart enough to wear hoodies that make any kind of ID difficult. I think a camera mounted at a lower height could pick up a better face shot, maybe? Anyone have good mounting ideas to conceal or make one less obvious?

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Welcome @noxcuses

You can also mount a varifocal camera further away but low enough and "zoom" / tighten the FOV so that you get a good angle on a suspect to get a chance at a nice facial ID image

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
If you are looking to mount that low and if it's a high traffic area then you may want to consider a dome to help prevent people from messing with it.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Most camera mounting locations seem to be around the roof line of a house/building. I would like to put a camera around 4ft or possibly close to the ground facing upward. There have been a couple instances of people walking around the neighborhood stealing stuff from unlocked cars. They are smart enough to wear hoodies that make any kind of ID difficult. I think a camera mounted at a lower height could pick up a better face shot, maybe? Anyone have good mounting ideas to conceal or make one less obvious?
Study here: Cliff Notes