Low cost IP-Cam with access over Internet

cyanno

n3wb
Reaction score
I´m looking for several IP-cams to replace my old Wansview nch532-mw cams. I tried a few other as e.g. Foscam FI9900P and Sinocam 1080P but either they were not working correct or I had no possibility for access via http and/or FTP downloading.

What cam would be advisible when I´m looking for a low budget cam as:
- bullit camera, fixed lens of 2,8 to 6 mm
- sd-card slot
  • alarm pictures and streams
  • access via http (I´m using wget for retrieving from the sd-card)
  • no need for audio
  • possibility to use "ipcam viewer"

I would be very glad if somebody can help me here,

Thanks,
Cyanno

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I´m looking for several IP-cams to replace my old Wansview nch532-mw cams. I tried a few other as e.g. Foscam FI9900P and Sinocam 1080P but either they were not working correct or I had no possibility for access via http and/or FTP downloading.

• bullit camera, fixed lens of 2,8 to 6 mm
  • sd-card slot
  • no need for audio

Thanks,
Cyanno
IP PoE ok?

If so, look for the deal from Amcrest here on a 5MP model.. came out to iirc $50 after discount code... probably did not have a sd-card slot, but you can hook up a PC to act as an NVR...

reflection

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I think mat200 is referring to this one.

It's not a bullet, but it should meet all your requirements including SD slot.

By it from Amazon for $60+tax. It discount code has expired. If you want to wait, the discount will probably come back in a couple months and drops it to $50+tax.

cyanno

n3wb
Reaction score
@mat200 and reflection,

thanks for posting me! Yes indeed the Amcrest ProHD looks interesting. But what about mounting it on a vertical wall, can I get a normal picture (perhaps flip/mirror will not do it)? See attached photo where this actual cam is placed. If not, perhaps this bullit cam is doing the job:
Amcrest UltraHD 4MP POE-Außenkamera 2688 x 1520p Bullet IP-Überwachungskamera, IP67 im Freien, wasserdicht, 118 ° Betrachtungswinkel, MicroSD-Aufnahme, 98 Fuß Nachtsicht, 4MP, IP4M-1026EW (Weiß).
What do you think about it?

Attachments

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@mat200 and reflection,

thanks for posting me! Yes indeed the Amcrest ProHD looks interesting. But what about mounting it on a vertical wall, can I get a normal picture (perhaps flip/mirror will not do it)? See attached photo where this actual cam is placed. If not, perhaps this bullit cam is doing the job:
Amcrest UltraHD 4MP POE-Außenkamera 2688 x 1520p Bullet IP-Überwachungskamera, IP67 im Freien, wasserdicht, 118 ° Betrachtungswinkel, MicroSD-Aufnahme, 98 Fuß Nachtsicht, 4MP, IP4M-1026EW (Weiß).
What do you think about it?
I don't like that model.. small sensor, poor shape

Specs:
Model IP4M-1026EW / IP4M-1026EB
Camera Image Sensor 1/3” 4 Megapixel progressive scan CMOS

cyanno

n3wb
Reaction score
@MAD200,
the reason for cameras at my home is solely to know what happened, when and who was it. Very honest, I´m not sure if a 5 MP cam is that superior to a 4 MP. Besides, a few years ago whe had some "visitors" while dining with our neighbours. Unfortunately that evening my wife was not looking at the cams. But we know what happened, this visit cost us -luckily- only a pair of T€. But would a 5 MP have been able able to recognize the visitors and if, this would probably not be a big help. We know there are gangs over here and leaving the county directly after a strike.

Attachments

Reaction score
But would a 5 MP have been able able to recognize the visitors
Your problem is NOT MP, it is your choice in cams and positioning of those cams. This view is too wide of an angle. Even with a great low light cam, the view is too far away to get a face shot. Since it is in B&W, no clothing info can be gotten either. You need more cams that bring the views closer.

Also, you can see motion blur from the guys as they move along the tree line. Reolink cams suck. Get some Dahua prosumer cams.

cyanno

n3wb
Reaction score
This week I tried the dahua bullit cam IPC-HFW1531S and I´m really disappointed. First of all, the cam is downloading all files in a 5 subsequent folders (see attachment) and secondly dahua is using a proprietary player. Finally the usage is to complicated for what i need.
Perhaps somebody can gave me a hint if the Amcrest UltraHD 5MP-POE is a better cam in regard of my wishes?

Attachments

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
This week I tried the dahua bullit cam IPC-HFW1531S and I´m really disappointed. First of all, the cam is downloading all files in a 5 subsequent folders (see attachment) and secondly dahua is using a proprietary player. Finally the usage is to complicated for what i need.
Perhaps somebody can gave me a hint if the Amcrest UltraHD 5MP-POE is a better cam in regard of my wishes?
Again, you are making poor camera choices. That is a very low end Dahua. You need something like this: Review-OEM Loryta IPC-T442T-ZE Varifocal 4mp camera (Dahua) | IP Cam Talk

Last edited:

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
And ending again with the same problems I explained above? Forget it
Lortya are Dahua. It's Andy's own brand (Empire Candy). They're international OEM Dahua cameras with full support from Andy on here plus because they re legit they will accept Dahua firmware from the factory, although Andy often has his own tweaked versions.

Reaction score
This week I tried the dahua bullit cam IPC-HFW1531S and I´m really disappointed
So where did you get that cam? It is a 5MP on a 2.7" sensor. You were already advised against going after MP and to look at a bigger sensor. If you ask for help, and it is given, then you do not follow that advice, why are you here?

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@MAD200,
the reason for cameras at my home is solely to know what happened, when and who was it. Very honest, I´m not sure if a 5 MP cam is that superior to a 4 MP. Besides, a few years ago whe had some "visitors" while dining with our neighbours. Unfortunately that evening my wife was not looking at the cams. But we know what happened, this visit cost us -luckily- only a pair of T€. But would a 5 MP have been able able to recognize the visitors and if, this would probably not be a big help. We know there are gangs over here and leaving the county directly after a strike.
1) You need a better quality camera, see previous suggestions.

2) Various options for recording, most members here prefer Blue Iris on a windows PC

1596406748147.png

3) also you need more cameras, placed in locations to get better image captures.

1596406956896.png
1596407029272.png

4) Also you need 2 big dogs

area651

Getting comfortable
Reaction score

• bullit camera, fixed lens of 2,8 to 6 mm
  • sd-card slot
  • no need for audio

Thanks,
Cyanno
I find it funny when someone asks for a "low cost cam". When is the last time you've ever seen someone ask for a "HIGH cost cam"? Someone just come on and say something like "I prefer to pay as much as possible for a solution!"

cyanno

n3wb
Reaction score
What is low cost? 50$, 200$, 400$. All relativ, just substitue low cost with simple, then you got me. I just want a simple working camera, no fancy things. I tried several high end cams and was disappointet how those people are more fixed on making money then on giving a clear and handsome solution.
I just want a cam with a perfect working ftp where I myself can decide how a cam is storing (and not that silly dahua solution or a Hikvision solution). In addition, if a sd card is included, there should be a possibility to approach the sd card with wget. Unfortunately most high end cams are denying this and offering propietary solutions and therefore not suitable for a combination with other cams.
All simple like that, but it isn´t.

Last edited:
Reaction score
What is low cost? 50$, 200$, 400$. All relativ, just substitue low cost with simple, then you got me. I just want a simple working camera, no fancy things. I tried several high end cams and was disappointet how those people are more fixed on making money then on giving a clear and handsome solution.
I just want a cam with a perfect working ftp where I myself can decide how a cam is storing (and not that silly dahua solution or a Hikvision solution). In addition, if a sd card is included, there should be a possibility to approach the sd card with wget. Unfortunately most high end cams are denying this and offering propietary solutions and therefore not suitable for a combination with other cams.
All simple like that, but it isn´t.
Maybe these videos can help you make a choice. Every ones situation is different, no camera can do all the things we want. The guys on this site came here for the same reasons you are seeking. Identify activity at our homes at night, there is no problem during the day its all color. Most people want identification at night. The best way to identify something or person at night is to run color at night. The new low light cameras are great for night identification. But here is the caveat, you should also have to more light to help in that identification as well. Now as you see in your pictures even with low light cameras and running in color you would not have facial identification because they had the faces covered. But running color cameras at night along with a little more lighting you would have been able to see what color clothing they had on. Next is camera placement. Your cameras as you have them placed now is good for an over all view as you see you can see everything over all in your back yard. So now you should add your next camera that is a varifocal model PTZ model that you can zoom into the window or door way where the guy was breaking into the garage. Or you can add the anti deterent cameras that i saw recently called TIOC. That will blast the area with light and a siren and film them at the same time. You say you want a simple working camera and i know that comes from frustration in not getting what you want from a camera. Well there is no such thing as a simple camera or we would all have it. Well there is a simple camera, and that simple camera gave you the video you showed on here. I had it before as well, and i now have what is best for me and i am happy. Cameras do not come with SD cards, and i have never used wget as i use blue iris software. Some use an NVR. IF i were in your shoes, i would get a PTZ camera with tracking 25x zoom or more. Buy from @EMPIRETECANDY he is honest and will take any camera back that you are not happy with. You could also ask him to send you refurb camera list to purchase cameras below cost because they were returns. I have purchased most of my cameras this way saving me a lot of money. I would suggest to you for your area the Tioc or and a PTZ camera that will track movement and then zoom into them. An NVR that can run your new cameras, the nvr should be the same as the cameras in order to get all the features of the camera. Trust me we have all tried your route, but we ultimately ended up with dahua or hikvision or axis or amcrest. But also remember amcrest is dahua cameras without all dahua features. So take charge use the information and build a system to help protect your family take your time do it one piece at a time if you have to. i think i spent about 1200 us dollars for my system with 13 cameras. I have no interest in wget or remote logging in to view my cameras when i am not home. But that is just me. Below you will find informative links. Good Luck!
PTZ = Review - Dahua SD49225XA-HNR 2MP 25x Starlight + IR PTZ AI Camera with Deep IVS & SMD Plus
TIOC = Dahua NEW Tioc Camera
Style camera = Which Style/Type of Security Camera Should I Buy?
Lens type = Which Security Camera Lens Size Should I Buy?