Low resolution (704x576) on DS-7108N-SN/P with 4MP DS-2CD3345-I

Mugiwara

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello Guys,

So today I received my DS-2CD3345-I and had quite a bit of work with getting it online on my NVR.
After a couple of hours I succeeded in connecting it to my NVR through the POE with the Plug and Play function.

The problem now is that I have a very low resolution during recording (704x576). I also can only choose 1 stream instead of 2. The current chosen stream is supposedly the Main Stream, but the resolution tells its the Sub-Stream.
Do you guys know of anything I can try to get it to 2560x1440 like its supposed to? When I access the camera through my router (so no NVR inbetween) I can view in the glorious 2k resolution. So no problem with the cam itself.

Thanks in advance,

Mugiwara

gpower07

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
you need the newer model...since you got the Chinese version. you cant update the firmware to get the full resolution of the 4mp.(if you update the firmware It will became Chinese). I have the DS-7216NI-SN/P after I updated the firmware. it takes the 4mp.

Reaction score
I had this exact same problem. Log into the camera direct. Change the main stream down to 1080p from the default larger resolution. I set it to basic profile not main profile in H.264, and I also set the frame interval to 25 down from 50 and then my NVR let me pick it up at 1080p not the low resolution. It doesnt seem to take the full higher resolution. But 1080p is better than the sub stream.

Securame

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I had this exact same problem. Log into the camera direct. Change the main stream down to 1080p from the default larger resolution. I set it to basic profile not main profile in H.264, and I also set the frame interval to 25 down from 50 and then my NVR let me pick it up at 1080p not the low resolution. It doesnt seem to take the full higher resolution. But 1080p is better than the sub stream.
This.
DS-7108NI-SN/P only supports up to 2MP (1080p), so it will not take the main stream at 4MP (and a firmware update on the NVR will not solve that, 71xx only record up to 2MP).

Reaction score
What i did discover is i can only get this camera to record at sub stream resolution for some reason. I set the advanced settings to record the main stream at 1080p and it recorded nothing. I also tried to set it to record on motion on the sub stream after setting it to live view the 1080p feed and the camera wont record on motion. Very strange.