LTS (Hikvision) NVR beeping won't stop

Discussion in 'NVR's, DVR's & Computers' started by therealdeal74, Jul 23, 2018.

Share This Page

1. therealdeal74

therealdeal74 n3wb

I used search and the only things I could find is that the drive isn't initialized, disabling all exception notifications, and making sure CVBS is set to PAL. I've done all of these. The drives are in normal state and everything is recording fine. It just won't stop beeping (3 long beeps, 2 fast beeps).

All notifications disabled, everything is working fine, what else is there?

On another note I have been trying to load the Hikvision firmware on the unit with no luck, the process doesn't even start with TFTP or the the gui or batch tool. So I reflashed the latest firmware from LTS on it just to be safe.

The model is LTN8832-P16 which should be the same as Hikvision DS7732NI-E4/16P

2. gpower07

gpower07 Getting comfortable

you did initialize the hd?

3. alastairstevenson

alastairstevenson Staff Member

Check the system log to see what clues if any are there.

mat200 likes this.
  4. therealdeal74

therealdeal74 n3wb

Yes, drives are working fine and recording. They show normal status.

The logs show input signal lost for 3 cameras. I cannot delete the cameras because it doesn't give me that option. They are set to plug and play. But I can't seem to do anything on the GUI or webpage to remove these cameras and all exception sounds are disabled so even if the signal is lost it's not supposed to beep. Could these be the culprit?

I opened up the unit and put some thick tape over the speaker, which has made the noise a little quieter but it's still annoying.

Thanks

5. GCoco

GCoco Pulling my weight

6. therealdeal74

therealdeal74 n3wb

I don't get the trash can option with the cameras that show Input Signal Lost. The delete operation doesn't work on them either. I changed it to manual setting, then changed it back. The other cameras that are online do show that the trash can icon. But I rebooted the NVR and it doesn't show those cameras in the log anymore. But I still get beeping.

7. alastairstevenson

alastairstevenson Staff Member

These are presumably the channels associated with the POE ports. They are fixed and cannot be deleted.

Check in Events if under Video Loss | Linkage Method whether 'Audible Alarm' is ticked.
    There are numerous places where Audible Alarm can be enabled - not just Exceptions.