LTS (Hikvision) NVR beeping won't stop

therealdeal74

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I used search and the only things I could find is that the drive isn't initialized, disabling all exception notifications, and making sure CVBS is set to PAL. I've done all of these. The drives are in normal state and everything is recording fine. It just won't stop beeping (3 long beeps, 2 fast beeps).

All notifications disabled, everything is working fine, what else is there?

On another note I have been trying to load the Hikvision firmware on the unit with no luck, the process doesn't even start with TFTP or the the gui or batch tool. So I reflashed the latest firmware from LTS on it just to be safe.

The model is LTN8832-P16 which should be the same as Hikvision DS7732NI-E4/16P

therealdeal74

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes, drives are working fine and recording. They show normal status.

The logs show input signal lost for 3 cameras. I cannot delete the cameras because it doesn't give me that option. They are set to plug and play. But I can't seem to do anything on the GUI or webpage to remove these cameras and all exception sounds are disabled so even if the signal is lost it's not supposed to beep. Could these be the culprit?

I opened up the unit and put some thick tape over the speaker, which has made the noise a little quieter but it's still annoying.

Thanks

therealdeal74

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I don't get the trash can option with the cameras that show Input Signal Lost. The delete operation doesn't work on them either. I changed it to manual setting, then changed it back. The other cameras that are online do show that the trash can icon. But I rebooted the NVR and it doesn't show those cameras in the log anymore. But I still get beeping.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I cannot delete the cameras because it doesn't give me that option.
These are presumably the channels associated with the POE ports. They are fixed and cannot be deleted.

The logs show input signal lost for 3 cameras.
Check in Events if under Video Loss | Linkage Method whether 'Audible Alarm' is ticked.
There are numerous places where Audible Alarm can be enabled - not just Exceptions.

bluealmond

n3wb
Reaction score
I don't know if you ever fixed this, but for the record i had the same problem and although i went to the cameras using the hikvision software i was not able to shut the thing up, so i went to the cameras via the browser and i was able to shut the annoying beep up.

Trax95008

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Also for the record, you can in fact delete a channel if you turn off the POE port

Soxo

n3wb
Reaction score
It just happened to me, in the middle of a night, out of the blue sky. Woke whole family. Tx to this thread, I've pinned it - HDD Error.
Once upon a time I set up notification in case of HDD errors, and it finally fired. HDD inside was 10+ years old - served well for more then enough time.

From internet:
"
  1. The hard drive has gone faulty: look under the HDD menu and check the status – if it has ‘abnormal’, anything similar or is simply not showing, it is time for a replacement
  2. There is no HDD installed

You can suppress the warnings by going to events > exceptions and deselecting audible alerts for the ‘HDD error’ and ‘Record Exception – but they are there to tell you the recorder is not doing it’s job!
"

I've used the web interface (Configuration > events > exceptions). I didn't find any "logs" in Configuration, but luckily I set up email notification, and found the first error message there. "Notify surveillance center" might also do the job, but it wasn't set up.

HDD is not detected under the "Storage management", which means it's probably dead. It's probably time to change it - buy advanced one, designed for use with the security systems....

PS. HiWatch DS-H216Q

Trax95008

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Would you mind giving some more detail?
1: make and model of failed drive?
2: was this the only drive in the unit, or multiples?
3: if multiples, is hard drive sleeping enabled?

I’m just curious to know

Soxo

n3wb
Reaction score
Would you mind giving some more detail?
Trax, sorry for delay with the answer, I've lost link to this forum but today found accidentally. So, as promised -

It turned out, the problem was not with the HDD but with the POWER SUPPLY. It deteriorated, probably due to a power outage, which happen rarely, but still happen. I consider buying a UPS, but as usual - "maybe in the future" :). I've measured voltage of the old power supply, it gave less voltage under the load. So I simply bought a new PS, relatively cheep, and NVR works again like a magic :)

NVR works fine with the old HDD and new Power Supply.

HTH

Sybaris

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I got this same indication (3 long, 2 short) when reconfiguring my layout. It happened as soon as I plugged in a certain camera. I changed its IP address and the beeping stopped. Apparently its original address was in conflict with something on the NVR that already had that address.

Reaction score
I just had this recently. Non-stop beeping, with all notifications off. The HDD self-tests all said normal, but the overall status was "abnormal." A check for bad sectors returned "there are too many bad sectors to continue." So I was about to just get a new hard drive, it's not like they are any kind of real money nowadays, and rebooted it on a hunch. Everything went back to normal. I reformatted the HDD anyway to be safe. Beeping stopped too.