LTS IP Cameras firmware

jdsuowner

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a few LTS CMIP8232 (3mp Bullets) cameras and I am assuming they are the same model as the Hikvision DS-2CD2032-I. That being said, can you install the hikvision firmware on these LTS cameras or do I have to use the LTS firmware? Just asking because I dont see the latest firmware for LTS on their site for this model, only 5.1.2. But one of my cams has 5.2.0 on it? BTW what firmware version appears to be the best/most stable of the Hiks?

Thanks

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
You can flash hik firmware via tftp..after that you can upgrade hik firmware via the web interface.

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
What is the purpose of flashing to HIK firmware? I don't understand most peoples "need" to hack or edit firmware so I'm curious what HIK firmware will give you or what you "think" it will give you that the LTS firmware won't give you? I have never really understood why so many people on the forums want to push new firmware to there IP cameras - the majority of the time once connected and working there really isn't a "need" to update the firmware as you are not gaining features or function. Not trying to be disrespectful, just truly curious.

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
What is the purpose of flashing to HIK firmware? I don't understand most peoples "need" to hack or edit firmware so I'm curious what HIK firmware will give you or what you "think" it will give you that the LTS firmware won't give you? I have never really understood why so many people on the forums want to push new firmware to there IP cameras - the majority of the time once connected and working there really isn't a "need" to update the firmware as you are not gaining features or function. Not trying to be disrespectful, just truly curious.
The simple answer to this is, because you can! most of the time there is nothing to gain from firmware updates, as with Hikvision you don't gain in fact you just lose.
If you read the forum you'll see there are some who think you should upgraded just because HIK release a firmware thinking that it's a security issue. (NOT THE CASE AT ALL).
Then there is the majority which I sit with, if it's not broken don't try and fix it.
That said people will, and then others will try to help, that's why were here after all.

Razer

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
On the LTS site the latest firmware is 5.2.0 and it is right in the download area.

http://www.ltsecurityinc.com/downloads

Type 8232 in the search field and you'll get the link for the firmware. It is my favorite firmware so far and it is as far as I will upgrade a camera to, the later ones are too much trouble. That said, if they are working fine don't mess with them! I have also TFTPed on Hik firmware just to test a few times and it works fine, but I see no reason to do this so I never bother. 5.2 works great for me anyway.

gpower07

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The simple answer to this is, because you can! most of the time there is nothing to gain from firmware updates, as with Hikvision you don't gain in fact you just lose.
If you read the forum you'll see there are some who think you should upgraded just because HIK release a firmware thinking that it's a security issue. (NOT THE CASE AT ALL).
Then there is the majority which I sit with, if it's not broken don't try and fix it.
That said people will, and then others will try to help, that's why were here after all.
can hik firmware tftp to 3rd part nvr? like LTS

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
You basically stated exactly what I almost typed "Because you can!" My car will goto 135mph also before drive shaft may fail - doesn't mean I drive 134mph everywhere I go. :)

Thanks!