LTS LTN8708-P8 shutdown and rebooting issue

Rudyjr

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have been using an LTS NVR model LTN8708-P8 firmware version V3.0.7 for several months without issue. The unit has a 3 TB Western Digital purple drive installed. At the end of November I noticed that the unit was shutting down and rebooting repeatedly. When I looked into this it appeared that the the unit was detecting that the hard drive was full and shutting down. I initialized the drive and checked that it was set to overwrite and everything seemed to work normally for about a month. Yesterday the issue started again the only way to get the unit to act normally was to initialize the hard drive. I am running a total of 7 cameras 5 2332 turrets and 2 cube cameras. Any idea as to what I need to change or look at to try to sort this out? Thanks, Jim

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
@Rudyjr Your numerous firmware versions behind (3.3.2 is current) - might want to bring your firmware current and see if that helps. Just search your model on the lower portion of the page and it will give you the download link for the latest firmware. http://www.ltsecurityinc.com/downloads

Last edited by a moderator:

Rudyjr

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@Rudyjr Your several firmware versions behind - might want to bring your firmware current and see if that helps. Just search your model on the lower portion of the page and it will give you the download link for the latest firmware. http://www.ltsecurityinc.com/downloads
Yep I think you may be correct. This all started about the same time I added the 2 LTS cube cameras to my system. I figured I would probably never update my firmware due to all of the horror stories I have seen on this forum but I may have to. I am going to wait until I hear from Milk to see what he thinks as well. Thanks

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Yep I think you may be correct. This all started about the same time I added the 2 LTS cube cameras to my system. I figured I would probably never update my firmware due to all of the horror stories I have seen on this forum but I may have to. I am going to wait until I hear from Milk to see what he thinks as well. Thanks
The horror stories are due to china region NVR's/cameras. You wont have an issue with an LTS US region unit.

Rudyjr

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The horror stories are due to china region NVR's/cameras. You wont have an issue with an LTS US region unit.
Thanks Fenderman, is the best way to do this through the NVR interface I have a monitor hooked up to it?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks Fenderman, is the best way to do this through the NVR interface I have a monitor hooked up to it?
You should be fine over a wired ethernet connection, thats how the cams are updated...

Rudyjr

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Looked at the NVR interface and it tells me my firmware is up to date and current. If I go through the LTS Platinum web interface on my Mac under Maintenance there is a remote upgrade, Firmware browse that allows me to select the file I downloaded from LTS which is a Downloads Digicap.dav file. which seems like it would make more sense and easier to this route? This is all new to me what do you think?

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
Looked at the NVR interface and it tells me my firmware is up to date and current. If I go through the LTS Platinum web interface on my Mac under Maintenance there is a remote upgrade, Firmware browse that allows me to select the file I downloaded from LTS which is a Downloads Digicap.dav file. which seems like it would make more sense and easier to this route? This is all new to me what do you think?
Either way will work. All firmware upgrades for my LTS cameras and NVR's i download the zip file from there website (the one I linked you to above) then pull the day firmware file from it to my desktop. Via the web inter face I upgrade using that file. The other option is to put the Digicam.dav file on a USB stick and plug it into the front of your NVR and update that way.

Don't be afraid to upgrade any of your LTS hardware with LTS firmware from there website. As fender stated the horror stories you see here are people upgrading hacked region cameras. LTS is not hacked firmware/region hardware.

Rudyjr

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Zero, Thanks for the response and help. It looks like you do quite a bit with LTS equipment from some of your posts, did you happen to see my other post about the LTS cube camera? If you can take a look at that posting and tell me if you have ever seen that issue before. Thanks again, Jim

Rudyjr

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Upgraded the firmware and everything booted up just fine. The password interface is different as far as upper and lower case letters and I can't get it to take my password also tried 12345. I tried it three times and its telling me I have three tries left. Any help???

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
@Rudyjr - check your PM I responded to your question there. I've never used there cube cameras but I will look for your post and see if I have any ideas depending on what its about. Good Luck with the password I sent in PM

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
Upgraded the firmware and everything booted up just fine. The password interface is different as far as upper and lower case letters and I can't get it to take my password also tried 12345. I tried it three times and its telling me I have three tries left. Any help???
Also you have 3 tries before it starts the delayed attempts. After your 6 attempts it will just lock you out for 59 seconds per wrong attempt. It won't do you much good, but if what I sent you in PM doesn't work you'll just have to call LTS and they can provide you with the password of the day which will get you back into the unit.

Rudyjr

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks for the help on New Years Day no less! I appreciate it I can now get into my NVR. Now my web interface on my Mac is not working and neither is my NVMS7000 software so I am going to have to try to figure that out next.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the help on New Years Day no less! I appreciate it I can now get into my NVR. Now my web interface on my Mac is not working and neither is my NVMS7000 software so I am going to have to try to figure that out next.
make sure to clear out the history and if any plugins were installed uninstall them and let them reinstall...the web interface being screwy is common when updating firmware on cameras while having remnants of the old plugin/cache still on the system....

Rudyjr

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Well I cleared the history and the web interface prompted me for my username and password but denied me access. I even tried admin and 12345 just in case no luck. I don't know what the heck to think at this point.

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
You got back into the NVR - correct? After you did that did you reset the NVR password again? If you are able to access your NVR with admin and password but can not access the NVR via web interface with the same information I'm at a total loss....

Rudyjr

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yep after I got in I reset my password to what it was before all this and I can get in with the mouse and monitor on the nvr. Before I deleted my history on my Mac I got a really screwed up opening screen on the web interface now it looks normal but won't allow me access with admin and my password.

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
Yep after I got in I reset my password to what it was before all this and I can get in with the mouse and monitor on the nvr. Before I deleted my history on my Mac I got a really screwed up opening screen on the web interface now it looks normal but won't allow me access with admin and my password.
Have you restarted everything since the reset/password change/history clear/plugin re-install?

Rudyjr

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Have you restarted everything since the reset/password change/history clear/plugin re-install?
Re installed the plug ins from the LTS site cleared the history on the Mac and the NVR rebooted after the update. I am now down to 2 tries left on the web interface so I think I am going to wait on Milk to see if he can help sort it out on Monday when he gets back to work. I can't get the NVMS7000 software to let me add the NVR group either it gives me a timed out or failed message every time after I enter the user and password. Very odd that this all went to crap after the firmware update! And as a side bonus both cube cameras now seem to have the PIR alarm enabled and I can't turn it off since I can't get into the web interface! They are unhooked till this gets sorted out to say the least.

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
@Rudyjr - this sucks man - especially since firmware updates SHOULD'T cause issues like this! I expressed my disappointment strongly two weeks ago with LTS when 4 new NVR's showed up and I was unable to get into any of them out of the box because of the default password change in the latest firmware - they said a "note" should have been in all the boxes, but apparently somehow all my NVR's got missed... This may be one of those cases where your firmware was so far behind and jumping to the latest has caused all sorts of issues - normally though there is a check and balance system in place to let the user know "hey this is to old to upgrade, please upgrade to x version first". My guess is they may issue you the password of the day on Monday to default and reset everything and get you going fresh. Best of luck man - and sorry for the trouble, this is not like LTS at all, but at least there support is always spot on and available.