Mail alarm problem - Sricam AP009

torvil

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Ok that worked a treat......now I have to look at the sensitivity on the motion detection of both cameras. I will try it on a new thread than you fenderman.

CHELIQUE

n3wb
Reaction score
Change the port to 465 and turn on authentication and enter your email address and password.
Hello I am new in this and have the same problem " not able to send emails".
I have tried with Gmail and selected "less secure apps" from my google account and nothing happens. I also tried with Yahoo and even with qq.com emails since it is the one shown in a youtube video. Still having the same problem.
Any other idea of what else can I do?

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
The first place to start is by posting screenshots of your email settings and telling folks exactly what equipment and setup you're working with. You posted under another person's Sricam problem but we don't know for sure if you've got the same cam or just a similar problem with different gear. The problems are generally the same but you never know. You might want to blur parts of the personally identifiable info and external IP settings before posting them on an open forum but it'll give folks a place to start looking for possible errors or omissions.

edit- Also, starting your own post might not hurt. Using this one will keep sending notifications to the OP and the others in the thread.

rui_tex

n3wb
Reaction score
Good morning, I have two sricam a SP013 and SP012 other, I set the alarm settings as mentioned here was all right, at gmail had to allow less secure applications, and email where you get is hotmail.com, however I am not receiving any email warning that detected something. Give me someone help please?
Thank you

davids83

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello!

I bought the SP013 camera and found out the email issue. You can setup with your gmail account like this:

Sender: add any name to your camera
SMTP Server: smtp.gmail.com
SMTP Port: 465
Need Authentication: Yes
SSL: TLS
SMTP User: your user account name with @gmail.com
SMTP Password: your gmail password
Receiver 1: the email address you want to receive the alarm (you can add the same gmail if you have only that)

You have to allow less secure apps in your gmail account and check the junk mail box!

So my problem is the speed as you can see on the picture it takes almost 10 seconds to take the photo and then the camera sends it to my email.
Does anyone has this problem? Is there any solution to speed up this process? I'm afraid I'll never see anything on the alarm picture, because if something triggers the motion detector it will pass by in 10 seconds... :(

David

upload_2016-11-9_22-46-40.png

Blagoja

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello!

I have the same problem with my Sricam SP009. I get email on every 60 seconds, after the motion need to pass 58 seconds to get the single picture(first picture on motion).
Did you find solution how to change that ? davids83

Blagoja

n3wb
Reaction score
The problem is that I want every motion to be captured and send to my email, not just first motion in minute time.

davids83

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello!

I have the same problem with my Sricam SP009. I get email on every 60 seconds, after the motion need to pass 58 seconds to get the single picture(first picture on motion).
Did you find solution how to change that ? davids83
Hi!
Unfortunately not.. :( I sold this chinese crap and I bought a FOSCAM! :) The new one is way better than the chinese sh*t.. Actually after a couple of week the Sricam picture quality went bad, I was unable to recognise anyone on the picture.
Anyway, lesson learned, I won't buy cheap copies anymore! I suggest the same to you, it is not so expensive, but the quality of the product is way better and worth it! :)

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi!
Unfortunately not.. :( I sold this chinese crap and I bought a FOSCAM! :) The new one is way better than the chinese sh*t.. Actually after a couple of week the Sricam picture quality went bad, I was unable to recognise anyone on the picture.
Anyway, lesson learned, I won't buy cheap copies anymore! I suggest the same to you, it is not so expensive, but the quality of the product is way better and worth it! :)
focam is only a single rung above sricam in the dumpster that is crappy cameras..

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I don't have any problem with FOSCAM. Even in -20°C was working fine.. :D Try it first and then make opinion!
Lol there are many folks who have tried foscam in the past... myself included...utter garbage...but you are a sucker and can't admit you failed to do basic research:D

davids83

n3wb
Reaction score
What do you mean I failed to do basic research? Check the reviews on Youtube man! :D One of the best brand. Probably you ordered a cheap chinese copy of a FOSCAM and that is the reason you're barking here.. :)

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
What do you mean I failed to do basic research? Check the reviews on Youtube man! :D One of the best brand. Probably you ordered a cheap chinese copy of a FOSCAM and that is the reason you're barking here.. :)
lol, sricam is even WORSE than foscam and no I dont own foscam garbage....complete garbage...lol you are a sucker.

Bile

n3wb
Reaction score
Treba mi pomoc imam sricam kamere al mi trazi novi pasword kad ga upisem nece da ga prihvati imali ko takav problem