Mail theft gang

ldasilva

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Wow talk about brazen. Then postal inspector hasn't even investigated this and they're at it again. I got a partial face this time. Sheesh. I'll report to local pd as well as updating my USPS case number.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

looks like you have some great spots there to put a camera get some good eye level shots at mail box

Tygunn

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
looks like you have some great spots there to put a camera get some good eye level shots at mail box
I suppose mounting it on the tree itself and pointing it out at the mailbox would work. That would give a straight sight line to the mailboxes.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hahah, yeah.

The Starlight Varifocal on the front of the house can definitely zoom to see the mailbox clearer. I'm tempted to consider a smaller form factor camera hidden nearer to the road though. Problem is there is no fencing or anything to really attach it to. I suppose a bird house attached to the tree might make a decent hiding spot. Haha.
Hi Tygunn,

I vote BIRDHOUSE!! You'd get a great shot!

Maybe hook the opening of the mailbox to a strobe light ;-)

Tygunn

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hi Tygunn,

I vote BIRDHOUSE!! You'd get a great shot!

Maybe hook the opening of the mailbox to a strobe light ;-)
Since I already have an open/closed sensor on the mailbox, I can use that to not only trigger the camera, but to also trigger an air horn when the mailbox is opened after hours.

hook3m

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Wow talk about brazen. Then postal inspector hasn't even investigated this and they're at it again. I got a partial face this time. Sheesh. I'll report to local pd as well as updating my USPS case number.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Trim that tree back, and add more IR light.

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
If you REALLY want to feel shame for laughing, this is probably my all-time favorite bait prank video. Pay attention to the electrodes on the bicycle seat. They get a blast direct to the nuts as well as their hands.

RobertM

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yeah, one prank video leads to watching others and eventually getting all the guys in the office surrounding my workstation cracking up. Favorite is the woman's purse that explodes with baked beans and fart juice into the bad guy's faces. Can't get those 4 hours back.

Tygunn

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
HAHAHA, wow, I wasted a lot of time on those videos too. Those electric dog collars ARE really cheap. It would not take a lot to wire something like that up to a mailbox. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Haha.

jazzy1

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If you REALLY want to feel shame for laughing, this is probably my all-time favorite bait prank video. Pay attention to the electrodes on the bicycle seat. They get a blast direct to the nuts as well as their hands.

Awesome!

jazzy1

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
currently going through the exact same thing with scumbags...got a locking box but they are crow-barring a whole row of 4 boxes, even in broad daylight...Super Bowl day morning they got us!....gonna maybe upgrade all to that Epoch mailbox on Amazon..would be great to get this sensor installed inside
the box...has anyone hooked it up wirelessly?....I already have a lot of homekit, Hue bulbs, Wemo stuff, Lutron Caseta lights, Alexa stuff...didn't really wanna add Smartthings to this mess...any way
to incorporate one of these sensor devices to my existing myriad of hubs?...would ideally like the sensor to trigger Blueiris when the box is opened, and my PTZ 49225 zooms right in on them...what do you think?