Migrate to Blue Iris on Q-See NVR?

stevesls

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a Q-See QC826 16 Channel NVR with 4TB HD and 16 4K IP Bullet Cameras (QCN8090B).

Since Q-See discontinued operations 1/31/2021, I am not longer able to view/monitor the cameras remotely on my iPhone with the Q-See Application.

As the NVR and cameras are working, would it be possible to replace the Q-See NVR software with Blue Iris, and if so, what is the process?

Thanks in advance!

stevesls

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have a Q-See QC826 16 Channel NVR with 4TB HD and 16 4K IP Bullet Cameras (QCN8090B).

Since Q-See discontinued operations 1/31/2021, I am not longer able to view/monitor the cameras remotely on my iPhone with the Q-See Application.

As the NVR and cameras are working, would it be possible to replace the Q-See NVR software with Blue Iris, and if so, what is the process?

Thanks in advance!

stevesls
If you like the qsee nvr you can simply setup a vpn see wiki on securing your network and keep using it.
If you want a powerful vms with incredible versatility move to Blue iris.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
See this thread discussing it as well

stevesls

n3wb
Reaction score
If you like the qsee nvr you can simply setup a vpn see wiki on securing your network and keep using it.
If you want a powerful vms with incredible versatility move to Blue iris.
Thank you Fenderman! While I would like to continue to use the G-See hardware, I have no special affinity for the native Q-See software applications ( particularly since I can no longer view the cams remotely ). If there is a way to install and use Blue Iris on the NVR, I would be very interested in transitioning to Blue Iris.

stevesls

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you for the clarification, Kameraad! Do you ( or anyone here ) know if Blue Iris will support the Q-See 4K IP Bullet Cameras (QCN8090B)? I have a Windows 10 Computer I can use... I suppose I need a POE switch that will interface the Q-See cams to the computer. Is there Builder's Guide on this forum?

stevesls

n3wb
Reaction score
Wow! GREAT progress!! I have downloaded and installed Blue Iris on my main desktop system ( connected to the WiFi Router ), and Blue Iris has successfully connected to the Q-See NVR ( also connected to the router) on IP address 192.168.1.176. Additionally, I can see one of the 16 Q-See Bullet cameras connected to the Q-SEE NVR.

It would certainly appear that the Q-See camera is compatible with Blue Iris.

How do I see all the cams attached to the Q-See NVR? In the Q-SEE NVR application, I can see the each of the 16 cams has a unique "IP Address" like 10.1.1.128, 10.1.1.132 ... etc. but I am not sure if this can be used by Blue Iris to select the individual cams on the NVR. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

Also, I purchased the Blue Iris iPhone App, and would like to see if I can view the cams on my iPhone. The app mentions a "QR Code" displayed in the Blue Iris "Remote Access Wizard".. but I don't know where that is located. Could someone point it out to me?

Thanks VERY much for all your help. I am new to all this and am here because of Q-See going out of business. I imagine you will see a number of newbies like me excited by the prospect of Blue Iris stepping up where Q-See has left the arena.

Best - stevesls

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
On the camera setting look for a little box that says cam#. Simply add a new camera and then copy this first camera and then go in and change the camera number in that setting.

1613234317714.png

stevesls

n3wb
Reaction score
On the camera setting look for a little box that says cam#. Simply add a new camera and then copy this first camera and then go in and change the camera number in that setting.

View attachment 82551
Thank you wittaj. That makes perfect sense, but I've tried that ( copying the existing cam and changing the Cam# number only to find two identical displays. Weird! I am still running in "Demo mode" ( plan to use a different computer ultimately ) ... does the "Cam#" work in demo mode?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Post a screen shot from that camera configuration page - it must be somewhere else too like up in the IP address or within the mainstream coding.

stevesls

n3wb
Reaction score
Post a screen shot from that camera configuration page - it must be somewhere else too like up in the IP address or within the mainstream coding.
Thank you VERY much, wittaj! ALL IS GOOD! I rebooted the system and entered the activation code, and now the Cam# works as expected. THIS IS GREAT!!!!!!!!! WOW!!!!

I am also delighted to report that I have also successfully connected to the cams via the Blue Iris app on my iPhone. The "Remote Wizard" in the PC application made it a snap... it is INDEED a "Wizard"!!!!

I couldn't be happier! I have just ordered a refurbished Dell from a reputable eBay seller and will be ordering a suitable switch. Eager to move from the Q-See NVR to a Blue Iris / PC system.

THANKS TO ALL FOR THE GREAT RESPONSIVENESS AND GUIDANCE!

Cheers!

stevesls

stevesls

n3wb
Reaction score
I have another "newbie" questions: I have 16 cams on my Q-See system and have been able to successfully connect with15 of them by using the Cam# switch. Oddly one cam's display is appearing under TWO different cam numbers ( CAM1 and CAM4 appear identical ) and one cam is missing. I suspect one of the duplicates is in fact the "missing cam", but I don't know why the connection seems to be messed up. Any thoughts what might be causing this and how it might be corrected?

Thanks in advance!

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Try a reboot of the computer first.

If that doesn't work, then delete the cam from BI and add back.

Sometimes these things get a little wonky and one of those hopefully takes care of it. Many here have deleted and added a camera back and it works. Or the reboot like you had earlier!

Last edited:

stevesls

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you wittaj. Great suggestion ( as usual!) :) This time, I think I was guilty of being a bit wonky! After inspecting settings, I found that I inadvertently had set the "missing camera" ( CAM4 ) to "Sync with CAM1". ... That was why the video of CAM4 was the same as CAM1. Why did I do that? Chalk it up to "The fog of newbie excitement"! I unchecked the "Sync with" box and now I can see all the cams. Now I just need to wait a few days for the refurbished computer and switch to arrive. This is GREAT STUFF!

Thanks do much!

Best,
stevesls

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

Thanks in advance!

stevesls

FYI - the QCN8090B is a Dahua OEM camera, thus the NVR should also be a Dahua OEM NVR

( documenting it here in case it is needed for others .. )

1613336349815.png

avspin

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So are the Q-See QCN8093B 4k Dahua OEM. Work fine with my Dahua NVR.

Dee@Canton

n3wb
Reaction score
I guess I dumb as a box of rocks, I don't get it! I also have the Q-See QC826 16 Channel NVR with 4TB HD - and 4K IP Bullet Cameras (QCN8090B) ... are you using Blue Iris to access the QC826 NVR with the cameras plugged in to the NVR, or are you eliminating the NVR ? If eliminating NVR, how are the cameras attached to the network?