Mini outdoor PTZ : DS-2DE4A220IW-DE

FrankMCN

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi Slider, that video is mislabelled, the camera their doing their install demo on is DS-2CD4D26FWD (fixed dome/motor lens) not a PTZ.

The centre part of the PTZ bubble on the 2DE4A220IE-DE is clear, the sides appear smoke/tint which is where the IR illuminators sit behind. From the ground it’s still quite hard to make out the lens assembly behind the bubble - especially if you’re not familiar with the camera's layout/construction.

FrankMCN

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Quick update, been using this camera for around a week now and have the settings pretty dialled.

The night vision was a pleasant surprise, looking over its specs pre-purchase I was not expecting much improvement over the 4MP VF bullets I currently have - the specs seemed pretty close with the lux ratings, however in reality there is no comparison. Running the camera in colour at night on a dimly lit road and have no problems picking out licence plates on parked cars or details on most people’s faces etc, all with less motion blur then the 4mp.

To work around the no-record on PTZ movement (manual or smart-tracking) i've linked its recording to all other nearby cameras and extended the post movement record time - not the best way but it works for most situations.

Initially I thought there was no scheduled switch available for image settings however completely missed the fact that there is an entire dedicated page where you can setup image switching for up to 4 periods instead of the normal 2, so can have night settings with longer exposure (using 1/50) with all the other options you like, I have a morning setting with shorter exposure 1/1000 with defog enabled and a day mode same exposure with HLC before it goes back to night mode. Can easily pick out licence plates on fast moving vehicles with these although a bit of an ask for smart tracking to really work on fast moving cars.

I may look at repositioning the camera to face down the road as currently have it centre on the property looking directly across a street which isn't giving smart tracking a chance to really do its thing.

Although you could consider this an expensive camera, for a PTZ with the features you actually get it’s a steal.

bickford

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
receive my camera all is ok except that sometimes during day or night mode trigger i have a purple image
PIC_1493314771_38_2017-04-27-19h30m01s,281342.jpg
as you can see during 1 second have you same thing ?

YouTube

BICK

FrankMCN

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Nope mine doesn't do that, IR cut filter stuck?

Try a full factory reset and if still doing it send it back.

bickford

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
factory reset done ... firmware upgraded but problem always here.

BICK

FrankMCN

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
can you hear the IR cut filter snapping open & closed when switching between day & night modes?

bambi123

n3wb
Reaction score
How is the autotracking settings like for this cam? Is the size or zoom or other advanced settings like found on the Dahua cams?

Also what is the nightvision like, say compared to the original 3MP turrets (2332) ?

guccifer

n3wb
Reaction score
mine is below my bedroom window even if you stand bellow it all you can hear is a faint motor sound even the mic cant pick the sound up

marku2,
What mounting bracket did you use for yours? Can't seem to find one on the interwebs.

Thanks!

bambi123

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the night shot - what is the exposure / gain / wdr settings for that? the noise is pretty low, I assume using the builtin IR?

Thanks.

i have same cam, here is a night shot, the smart auto track is linked to a dtection action ie a line cross / zone entrance etc. then it will follow the object.

marku2

Known around here
Reaction score
I got them from eBay DS-1605ZJ from amandacams excellent seller too

guccifer

n3wb
Reaction score
I got them from eBay DS-1605ZJ from amandacams excellent seller too
Thanks. Looks like that is the only place to get them (in US anyway). Guessing that is why the seller can charge $90 rather than $10-$20 most mounts cost.

marku2

Known around here
Reaction score
True I bought 3 cameras from her and they came with the bracket and power supply fast postage though
Had them in a week to Australia

bambi123

n3wb
Reaction score
It is a tough choice - the physical size & format of this cam is perfect for the area I had in mind - but ideally I could do with a low lux camera !! Shame they have not used the same sensor as the new DS-2CD2335FWD-I - would make the perfect cam for me.

FrankMCN

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
On paper... in real life the night vision is very good, easy to use it on a dimly lit street in colour mode.