Mini outdoor PTZ : DS-2DE4A220IW-DE

sorka

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
So it never shipped and past the deadline. I have the option of refunding it but I went ahead and asked the seller what's up on the off chance it get's them to ship it now. If I don't get tracking number in 24 hours, I'll get it refunded.

sorka

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I canceled the order. UIN just kept saying in a few weeks so I finally gave up and canceled the order today. Their product page says lead time 15 days and shipping 3 to 13 days. Alibaba marked it as late 15 days after I placed the order. No loss of money but a minor waste of time. I'll also have to dispute it with my credit card online since the refund won't be processed until after the 60 day mandated credit card purchase protection.

CDAPete

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I canceled the order. UIN just kept saying in a few weeks so I finally gave up and canceled the order today. Their product page says lead time 15 days and shipping 3 to 13 days. Alibaba marked it as late 15 days after I placed the order. No loss of money but a minor waste of time. I'll also have to dispute it with my credit card online since the refund won't be processed until after the 60 day mandated credit card purchase protection.
Read my post #298. It might help you. Good luck.

sorka

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
UIN responded and said they'd shipped the camera and that the order couldn't be canceled. They provided a tracking number that showed that a label had been created but not actually shipped. I decided to wait 3 days to see if there was any action on the tracking number. There wasn't, so I also filed a dispute with Alibaba and it took them just two days to issue a refund but it's $12 short because they didn't issue a refund on the transaction fee.

My bank then stepped in and issued a refund on the entire original amount.

It's very unfortunate that UIN had such a misleading lead time of 15 days listed. If they'd shipped when they stated they originally were going to and I got the camera with nothing but good to report here, I'm pretty this would have generated business for them rather than bad word of mouth.

CDAPete

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
UIN responded and said they'd shipped the camera and that the order couldn't be canceled. They provided a tracking number that showed that a label had been created but not actually shipped. I decided to wait 3 days to see if there was any action on the tracking number. There wasn't, so I also filed a dispute with Alibaba and it took them just two days to issue a refund but it's $12 short because they didn't issue a refund on the transaction fee.

My bank then stepped in and issued a refund on the entire original amount.

It's very unfortunate that UIN had such a misleading lead time of 15 days listed. If they'd shipped when they stated they originally were going to and I got the camera with nothing but good to report here, I'm pretty this would have generated business for them rather than bad word of mouth.
The one I ordered is the newer, higher resolutiin unit. It cost a little more but it arrived in 4 days. Done deal.

f13dfx

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Can you tell me what the ° field of view is please.

Thanks!

sorka

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
The one I ordered is the newer, higher resolutiin unit. It cost a little more but it arrived in 4 days. Done deal.
You didn't get a DS-2DE4A425IW-DE? What did you get then?

sorka

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
UIN opened up an appeal trying to reverse Alibaba's refund even though no product has shipped.

MadamImAdam

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
What's the latest firmware we can use with the original DS-2DE4A220IW-DE ?

If it's R7, can we use 5.6.0 firmware?

MadamImAdam

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Can anyone please help me troubleshoot an issue I'm having with these series of cameras? I don't want to start a new thread for it when this one is just fine :)

I have set my cameras up to record 24/7 and to log events by way of intrusion detection set to on. This also triggers smart tracking.
I have set up a schedule to move to 'preset 1' every 4 hours.

The problem I'm having is that sometimes, the zoom does not reset to Zoom 0 - it get's stuck zoomed in. So the camera moves to the preset position but it does not zoom out to zoom level 0.

How do I set up a schedule to zoom out to zoom level 0? or otherwise fix the error?

RyanODan

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Can anyone please help me troubleshoot an issue I'm having with these series of cameras? I don't want to start a new thread for it when this one is just fine :)

I have set my cameras up to record 24/7 and to log events by way of intrusion detection set to on. This also triggers smart tracking.
I have set up a schedule to move to 'preset 1' every 4 hours.

The problem I'm having is that sometimes, the zoom does not reset to Zoom 0 - it get's stuck zoomed in. So the camera moves to the preset position but it does not zoom out to zoom level 0.

How do I set up a schedule to zoom out to zoom level 0? or otherwise fix the error?
Which firmware do you have installed on it currently? Have you tried to fully factory restore the camera? If it's a software bug that will usually fix it.

MadamImAdam

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Which firmware do you have installed on it currently? Have you tried to fully factory restore the camera? If it's a software bug that will usually fix it.
My 204 is 5.6.0
My 220 is 5.4.8

And they BOTH do it!

Reaction score
Sorry I'm new to this site (not to the business) but does Andy sells these Hikvision DS-2DE4A220IW-DE cameras or do I have to go to Alibaba or somewhere else? My customer is requesting this camera.
Thanks!

KamirZG

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
She does have smart tracking. But in my case she gets confused very quickly ( not every time but 2 out of 5 maybe ).

1588077895653.png

1588077952590.png

f13dfx

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
She does have smart tracking. But in my case she gets confused very quickly ( not every time but 2 out of 5 maybe ).
What is your camera’s °FOV ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

f13dfx

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Field of View 61.4° to 2.9° (wide-tele)
That really is too bad! Don’t know why a 2.8mm wide angle lens has such a narrow FOV, but it would have been ideal with a 90° FOV & having Auto-Tracking as well.

Nick1881

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi guys,

We had a power cut today and when the power was restored I was watching the cameras, the PTZ booted and moved around, after initialisation it didn't return to home, it seemed to reboot and I left it for a while, later I saw it still wasn't at home position, I can no longer move the pan or tilt, only the zoom and focus works.

I rebooted again and even updated the firmware, anything else I can try, I guess next I will have to remove the camera from the mount and have a look inside.

Any help would be great.