Mini PTZ 2nd Gen: 2016 PTZ Camera of the year!

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
As I was leaving for work DHL showed up with a surprise. It never happened before where delivery was made that early. Declared value is $80 which is roughly half of the price paid. Looks like they are listening, so might be safe to order 2x cams next time and avoid duty fees.

The box is still banged up, but cam seems ok. The logo is printed on it which I don't care too much (I preferred unmarked look) and for some reason it feels larger then previous Mini, but maybe I am just imagining things.

The "hidden" IRs. Two on bottom for wide area and two on top for spot

Didn't have a better shared object to record so this is all I can do for now. (NR is at 50%, default settings otherwise with 1080p@30fps 10000 Mbps, fully zoomed in at 10x)

Test setup

With all IR power (4 total)
1st gen

2nd gen

No IR
1st gen

2nd gen

With it's own IR (2 each)
2nd gen

1st gen

Another gloomy day and not really bright at 8:30 am, but it should give you an idea that there are improvements in terms of noise with the new sensor. Again all settings are the same NR at 50%. Here I am using my 1st gen 3x camera, but IQ is the same as in 1st gen 10x. You will notice some minor corner blurriness, it's still prevalent in the new cam.

1st gen

2nd gen

There is one other new firmware feature. Digital zoom up to 160x.

10x optical

2nd Gen vs 1st Gen

Final shot by Huisun gen 1 to show IRs in gen 2

Power measurement:

Idle (no IR) 3.3watt
Idle (IR for wide area) 9.3 watt
Idle (IR for long distance) 8.4 watt
PTZ (IR) jumped up to 15.5 watt, stayed at 11 watt

What changed?
1. Design, the front shape is now squarish and looks subjectively nicer. Body is mostly metal now, except the top and bottom pan/tilt motor cover. IR leds location has changed, two on top for long distance, two on the bottom for short distance. They are not visible when they are not on, but at night they still glow in red color. There is no difference in the light output. The front panel can be removed by placing a pin in the small hole. To access SD card you will have to unscrew the front panel
2. Image improvement. New sensor provides slightly cleaner image with less noise, it's more noticeable in low light without IRs. Daylight image also slightly improved.
3. Firmware is mostly identical with minor changes. There is a setting to set resolution to 1280x720 & 1280x960 and also an option to enable digital zoom up to x160.
4. Motion detection region and sensitivity works as expected

What would've been nice to have:

- Allow shutter in manual mode less then 1/30
- H265 support

RTSP streaming link rtsp://huisun_username:huisun_password@huisun_ip:554/mpeg4

Bugs found:
I've changed ports (HTTP, RTSP, HTTPS) in ivms-4200, but in the camera UI it doesn't reflect the changes for updated ports even though I am already using them. Changing ports in the camera UI doesn't make any difference.

Overall, I am pleased with the 2nd gen and even slight improvements are welcome at very minor price increase. If you already own 1st gen camera there is very little incentive to upgrade it with 2nd gen, but I would certainly buy 2nd gen if you are new to Huisun

Last edited by a moderator:

Chust

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Awesome!!! Good price!!!

MacNCheese

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
They must be going through and editing the titles of the cameras as most have changed to 2016 in the last 5 minutes.

MacNCheese

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yeah I noticed they had gone up to - by about $5 - 10 per camera even for the old models - they 1.3mp non zooms have gone up by $10!

MacNCheese

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Actually, the cheapest one has gone from $46 to $59!

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Not a huge increase, still competitive. It's actually about the same price anyway when they didn't offer epacket shipping option and charged $30 for DHL.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
It will be a long weekend... :)

Friday, January 08, 2016LocationTimePiece
4Departed Facility in HONG KONG - HONG KONGHONG KONG - HONG KONG22:041 Piece
3Processed at HONG KONG - HONG KONGHONG KONG - HONG KONG17:471 Piece
2Arrived at Sort Facility HONG KONG - HONG KONGHONG KONG - HONG KONG12:321 Piece
1Shipment picked upHONG KONG - HONG KONG02:261 Piece

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Your killing me here @klasipca.
I want another! I don't even need one but I've got a lovely black segment on my nvr screen to fill.

If there's an improvement then I'm definitely in!!!!!

Mind you the 1st gen ain't half bad!

As the niggles reported don't really apply to my setup situation

pal251

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Do these cameras zoom or just pan and titl

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Your killing me here @klasipca.
I want another! I don't even need one but I've got a lovely black segment on my nvr screen to fill.

If there's an improvement then I'm definitely in!!!!!

Mind you the 1st gen ain't half bad!

As the niggles reported don't really apply to my setup situation
Exactly! I didn't need another one, but Monica convinced me otherwise, she gave me DHL shipping for the price of epacket, so I couldn't resist getting this so soon :)

- - - Updated - - -

Do these cameras zoom or just pan and titl
These are PTZ cameras, they have 10x zoom

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
So, what day did you actually order yours? I ordered mine on the 5th and am waiting for it to get shipped DHL.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
So, what day did you actually order yours? I ordered mine on the 5th and am waiting for it to get shipped DHL.
I ordered 12/28, but paid on 1/6 when she notified that 2nd gen was ready to be shipped.

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Ok thanks. I ordered and paid on the 5th. Probably bodes well for mine being shipped soon.

Interpon

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi,
will this new cam (guess) work with hik pcnvr software and hik app? With all features of hik software motion detect record etc? I know you dont have yet but asking speculative as well as the older model experience?
the only thing holding me back is knowing it will run like a hik cam with hik software...what wont work?
Durability i will risk.

here is hoping for a truly new better cam

thanks

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Yes, it will be the same firmware as 1St Gen so will work with anything Hikvision works. If it's not DOA durability has been solid for everyone so far.