Mini PTZ 2nd Gen: 2016 PTZ Camera of the year!

T1NYW

n3wb
Reaction score
I've had that a couple of times with these cameras, and each time it was fixed by replacing older, cheaper cat5e with better solid copper cable, and making sure they had their full power requirement from the switch/injector.
I'm using 2mtrs of shielded cat 6 ! Direct to the rear of the NVR, While testing.

Also using a both POE ( / ether or ) and high power 12v Psu, all with the same results.

I'm not going to actually mount this camera up, until I can iron out some of the problems with testing.

This camera has great potential, but as it stands at the moment, it's close, but no cigar.....

Tiny

gwminor48

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm sorry if I have overlooked it but I haven't seen the height of this from bottom of bracket to top of camera. I know I will have to allow for more when it tilts, but I'm trying to see what I would have to do to make this work where I would like to mount it.
Huisun.jpg

tygger

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
They're the exact same camera, right? Any reason not to go with the Imporx?

luisma

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Sure wish they had a 2.8-28mm option!
I needed a wide field of view so I ended up getting the Gen1 3X Zoom which is 3mm to 9mm if I remember correctly, but it only zooms 3X :( it's good enough for my needs but I have 2 of the Gen1 10X installed and wow when I zoom at 10X it sure is nice. The only cons i see with these cameras if they seem to be very soft focus around the outer edge of the lens, I don't know if Gen2 has the same issue maybe someone can let me know but all 6 of the Gen1 I have installed in my house the outer edge of the lens is off focus and at night the focus at 5.1mm is a little soft in the middle too.

Luis

jimg

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Considering Gen2 version in a synology environment. I understand that the camera has ONVIF support - but ptz isn't supported on synology / SS's ONVIF implementation. Is the Mini PTZ compatible with a specific Hik model (if so, which one?)

Haven't deployed a PTZ before - how does motion detection work on these models? Can alarm zones be set based on particular patrol views? And if motion is detected, does it pause at that patrol until motion ceases - or does the patrol continue regardless of alarm?

horseflesh

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
These cameras will work on some Hik NVRs but I don't have model numbers.

Motion detection in these cameras is only the "basic" event type, where you can toggle off parts of the grid. They do not support any other motion detection like line crossing or area intrusion.

On the v1 camera, the motion detection is so buggy as to make it useless. @klasipca has verified that it seems to be fixed on v2.

Last edited by a moderator:

jimg

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks - I did see @klasipca mention that v2 fixed motion - which sounded promising.

But I was wondering if different grid areas (1,2, etc) could be defined and have PTZ events triggered when detection occurs (as in, if there is movement on grid 2, move to coordinate x/y and zoom until motion stops. Hikvision's basic events have an "expert" configuration mode that allows for multiple areas and some linkage methods, so I was hoping that something would exist there.

What I describe may be defined as area intrusion ... but I don't know since I haven't tried a ptz camera before.

Last edited by a moderator:

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
I just tested and looks in v2 it works when you specify area of intrusion where in v1 it used entire frame. I will keep you posted if it's not the case.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Just confirming motion detection region works as expected. Add this to another reason to upgrade to v2.

pal251

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
How well do these work with dahua or eyesurv nvr s

romustdie

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,
I'm new here and I've read all the posts from this thread regarding Huisun mini PTZ camera-thank you guys for the info!
I've decided to order one from this link http://www.aliexpress.com/item/HUISUN-2-0MP-Waterproof-1080P-Full-HD-PTZ-IP-camera-full-functions-bullet-PTZ-camera/32379755297.html after a lot of discussions with Monica - thumbs up for her!
She also send me a video footage with the new camera so if someone is interested you can check it here:

I wonder if they will release this camera with auto-tracking functions in the future...