Mini PTZ 2nd Gen: 2016 PTZ Camera of the year!

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
POE works perfectly on the one I got from Huisun at about 180' of cable length.

luisma

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Have you acknowledged delivery of your order on Aliexpress?
If you don't, the seller won't get any payment.
No I have not, didn't even know I had to do it, first time I buy from Aliexpress, I'll go to my account and see what it says.

thanks

luisma

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yes, you can dispute if it's not too late.
Thanks guys but I think I will be keeping the cameras, I really like the 10X zoom too bad the starting lens it's 5.1mm it would be awesome it they would start the lens at 3mm and have the 10X zoom.
I have one up and running in the front of the house and you can't beat the picture in daylight and it's really great at nighttime. I have a Dahua 3mp with 2.8mm lens right besides and it can't compare to this little PTZ at night, what i different!!!!

alphawave7

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have a Dahua 3mp with 2.8mm lens right besides and it can't compare to this little PTZ at night, what i different!!!!
I felt the same from my Hikvision 2.8mm...these Mini PTZ's are just better cams all the way 'round. Enjoy!

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Looks to be a better deal then from Huisun, not clear if it has POE.

http://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/k8uwgg0[/QUOTE] Looks like 21 days for processing and probably that much more for receiving it in the mail.

KevinV916

n3wb
Reaction score
So I decided to pull the trigger on a 10x Mini PTZ when I saw it go back in stock on the Shenzhen Huisun store the other day. I asked Monica if it would be V1 or V2 and she replied V1. Just thought I'd post that in case anyone was interested. I don't know if shipping will be delayed due to Chinese New Year, but she said it was already sent.. I should get a tracking number tonight (not really holding my breath for that..) This'll be my first aliexpress order, so i'm curious how long it'll take with New Year being so close.

Here's the link to what I ordered: http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/HUISUN-2-0MP-Waterproof-1080P-Full-HD-PTZ-IP-camera-full-functions-bullet-PTZ-camera/1248007_32379755297.html

aporopos

n3wb
Reaction score
My v2 shipped yesterday and I'll try it with my Mac.

I also have an NVR and 3 versions of Windows so it better work with something!

Good to know there's someone willing to be the first ;) At least you have all the possible OS's there so you won't waste your money on different platforms.

Any update on this?

bob2701

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
So I decided to pull the trigger on a 10x Mini PTZ when I saw it go back in stock on the Shenzhen Huisun store the other day. I asked Monica if it would be V1 or V2 and she replied V1. Just thought I'd post that in case anyone was interested. I don't know if shipping will be delayed due to Chinese New Year, but she said it was already sent.. I should get a tracking number tonight (not really holding my breath for that..) This'll be my first aliexpress order, so i'm curious how long it'll take with New Year being so close.

Here's the link to what I ordered: http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/HUISUN-2-0MP-Waterproof-1080P-Full-HD-PTZ-IP-camera-full-functions-bullet-PTZ-camera/1248007_32379755297.html

That is the same one I ordered 2 weeks ago and Aliexpress canceled for non delivery. Monica had told me it would ship but did not.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Looks like my second v2 (Imporx) is shipped from the link I posed a few pages back. Hopefully everything will be in order with this one.

horseflesh

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Good to know there's someone willing to be the first ;) At least you have all the possible OS's there so you won't waste your money on different platforms.

Any update on this?
I have my epacket shipping number, but it looks like the camera is still on the other side of the world. I feel like I lost a few days due to their holiday, but they didn't drop the ball so far.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
This type of active splitter appears to be an alternative solution which I am currently using http://www.amazon.com/iCreatin-ethernet-Splitter-Adapter-Compliant/dp/B00SM196AE/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1454443437&sr=8-2&keywords=active+poe+splitter Although, as I mentioned the cam does not return/remember its last position after power cycle on longer runs, but on short runs seems to be ok. Setting presets basically useless, but as long as I don't power cycle it works. I am not really sure if it's related to my 100ft CCA cable not providing enough power (it's showing 11.8V in the menu with my new POE+ switch and 11.6V with NVR POE) or perhaps it's a bug.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

pal251

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The cover was blown anyway, so I had to throw it out there :)

It's already featured in their store front and Monica shipping 2nd gen in place of 1st gen cams (but do check with her beforehand)
http://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/cchqT2I8[/QUOTE] Thanks

Promod117

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Looks like my second v2 (Imporx) is shipped from the link I posed a few pages back. Hopefully everything will be in order with this one.
Any resolution with the defective one?

horseflesh

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just got my camera delivered. I'll post some pictures later.

I can get to it on the network and change settings logged in via IE and verified I am getting a picture. What is the recommended way to connect it to my LTS POE NVR? Should I set the camera to a fixed IP, or will the NVR give it an IP via DHCP? I can't get the NVR to see the camera through its POE ports, though it sees the camera on the LAN side of the network.

EDIT: I found a guide to setup, which indicates you should fix the camera's IP at whatever the NVR expects. On my LTS 4k NVR, there is no "HIKVISION" protocol but the LTS protocol with manual IP and password assignment seems to work fine. I have total PTZ control from the NVR and web UI.

Last edited by a moderator:

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Any resolution with the defective one?
Yes, after days of going back forth with emails it was resolved to my satisfaction. I ended up mounting the cam and using it with active POE as I mentioned above, but it's not without issues. Could be resolved via firmware. v1s has been much more stable out of the box.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
The 3 V1s I had since September still work flawlessly. V2 works only with 12V 2A adapter, I also tried it with active POE splitter, it works on a short run, but on longer run doesn't seem to have enough juice. I was thinking to move POE board from v1 to v2 to see if that helps, but the design is different, so that's out of question. So without functional POE I have no use for it.
Are you saying the v2 is now working OK, doesn't have a defective PoE board?