Mini PTZ 2nd Gen: 2016 PTZ Camera of the year!

nowandthen

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
2016 HUISUN 2nd Generation 2.0MP 10X IP66 Waterproof 1080P with POE IP Bullet PTZ Camera Hot Sell CCTV
http://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/WGKijdO

HUISUN Manufacture 2016 New Model 2nd generation 2MP 4X,with POE, IP Bullet PTZ Camera CCTV Security
http://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/b3L4QgE4

What is the difference between these two other than price? Same seller, looks to be the exact same.
4X no longer available. At least at the time of this post.

mando209

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Does v2 record on motion to the micro sd card?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bob2701

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Same here, Monica sent message during the night. Still at $129 plus shipping.

HDClown

n3wb
Reaction score

mando209

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Seems like everybody here is ordering that v2 which is gen2 model. I'm about to order one this week.if it works well I'll probably get 3-4 more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HDClown

n3wb
Reaction score
The first is a gen 1 with creative marketing

The second is a gen 2
Thanks for clarification. White face = Gen 1, Black Face = Gen 2, easy enough.

I'm currently seeing 3 versions on the Huisun store for 2nd gen model: 4x w/PoE, 10x w/PoE, 10x w/PoE + Audio

Are those all the known variants that have been available?

Also, do these come with any kind of wall box to mount the arm to to that can store the pigtail (as opposed to it being in the arm itself), or is there an official accessory available for that you need to buy?

vortexya

n3wb
Reaction score
i can confirm that v1 and v2 Huisun PTZ's both work with BI, including PTZ functions.
Thanks heaps pozzello, that means I am getting on the blower to order some

Last edited by a moderator:

romustdie

n3wb
Reaction score
One more info(useful for some):
Tested my Huisun PTZ V2 with the new firmware (posted by Klasipca) in Synology Surveillance Station and i can confirm that PTZ is working nicely. I will do more tests in the future.

stress1ner

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello guys what mounting options are available to mount camera like a dome, or how have you guys mounted it?

Plasman

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Please forgive a nooby's question. If I use this camera as a front yard cam (long and very wide entry) along with BI, will it be able to track and autofocus on a person walking over 170 feet toward my home? If yes, is this a function built in to the camera or a feature set in BI?

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
no. BI does not do any auto-tracking. neither does this cam. you can set presets (specific locations to monitor) and you can cycle (or 'patrol') thru them. autotracking only seems to be a feature of much more expensive cameras. for your use, i'd suggest one overview cam (2.8 or 4mm lens) to get the big picture, and one specifically set up to get a good shot of people's faces as they approach (maybe a 4 or 6 or 8mm, depending on how far your cam is form a good 'choke point' where your are most likely to have someone walk thru...) While these PTZ's are fun, i think most people end up leaving them in one specific location for the most part, the PTZ feature does help get it set up tho...

DirtBound

n3wb
Reaction score
So I am about ready to order one of these but I am wondering from the people that have the camera would you recommend going with the V1 or V2?

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
It doesn't matter. If ordering from Huisun both now use the same hardware so it's mainly the looks.