Mini PTZ camera impressions! 2015 PTZ camera of the year? AVOID THIS CAMERA

HotRodDiesels

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm not going to cancel over 8 bucks but am curious as to why.
I have bought things from overseas before with no fees.
Just looking for an explanation.

Michael

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
Like a few others in this thread, I caved and purchased one on September 25, 2015. My camera was delivered to the San Francisco bay area on October 5, 2015. I paid a total of $168.67 for the camera ($139.00 + $29.67 for DHL shipping). This was the total charged to my credit card.

Attached is a test video using Blue Iris. I made this earlier in the evening just after sunset. As you can see in the video, you can read a license plate from a block away. Of course it helps when your house is on a hillside and the next block down is not that far away. The only negative thing I have to say about this camera is now I want one that has 20 or 30 times optical zoom. :)

[video=youtube_shorthttps;1dVW1MkuyBw]https://youtu.be/1dVW1MkuyBw[/video]

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Looks like even 30x might be not enough for this nice view

Larebear

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Nice capture lulu5kamz. I agree that 20 or 30x would be even better. Prices are dropping. Bet it won't be long before those will be affordable. :)

ibuyufo

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Like a few others in this thread, I caved and purchased one on September 25, 2015. My camera was delivered to the San Francisco bay area on October 5, 2015. I paid a total of $168.67 for the camera ($139.00 + $29.67 for DHL shipping). This was the total charged to my credit card.

Attached is a test video using Blue Iris. I made this earlier in the evening just after sunset. As you can see in the video, you can read a license plate from a block away. Of course it helps when your house is on a hillside and the next block down is not that far away. The only negative thing I have to say about this camera is now I want one that has 20 or 30 times optical zoom. :)

https://youtu.be/1dVW1MkuyBw

That big house by the top of the hill at 1:36 looks darn nice! I'm in San Fran and like a sucker I ordered 2 yesterday haha. It looks really nice!

rubb3rtoe

n3wb
Reaction score

https://youtu.be/1dVW1MkuyBw

First post! :)

Thanks for the capture, been lurking around waiting to see some daylight footage on this cam. I'm a noob and just getting into camera's. You mentioned you got it working with Blue Iris? What camera model did you choose in BI and I'm assuming the PTZ functioning in BI as well? Any input is appreciated.. thank you. Been holding off getting this until it's working in BI.

HotRodDiesels

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I bought 2 cameras
$139 x 2 = $278.00
Shipping $45.67
Total $323.67
My card was charged $331.76
Monica says she only received the $323.67
I don't know who got the $8 bucks.
I just wanted to know if this was normal so I could expect it in the future.
It sounds as if it's not, if I figure it out I will let you know.

Michael

P.S. I should have checked my paypal account before posting.
I now show the $323.67 and an $8.09 charge both to AliExpress.
The mystery continues......

epcjay

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Perhaps you purchased other items in your shopping cart from other sellers at the same time? You only have one order in your order history?

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
First post! :)

Thanks for the capture, been lurking around waiting to see some daylight footage on this cam. I'm a noob and just getting into camera's. You mentioned you got it working with Blue Iris? What camera model did you choose in BI and I'm assuming the PTZ functioning in BI as well? Any input is appreciated.. thank you. Been holding off getting this until it's working in BI.
To setup the camera in Blue Iris, you don't have to select any particular camera. When you select Add New Camera in Blue Iris, just put in the camera's IP address and your login, then press the Find/Inspect button and Blue Iris will setup the camera for you automatically. Regarding the PTZ functioning in Blue Iris, the current answer is no. There is a dedicated thread for this issue that djangel created on the issue here: https://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/5814-BlueIris-PTZ-control-support-for-Huisun-IP-PTZ-mini-bullet-camera

atom

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone is having any issues with the PTZ and focus controls being undpredictable?

When I quick-click on a direction button (for instance) in the web GUI, I may get a tiny movement (as expected), or a few degrees, or even heaps of movement possibly up to the extreme of the travel in that direction. Same for zoom and focus.

Longer click-hold is the same. It may stop moving when I release the button, or it may not.

I've tried a couple of different machines with IE, and ONVIF Device Manager - same thing.

Presets work fine. I've tried rebooting the camera a few times.

Anyone else noticed anything like this, or have any suggestions worth trying?

Thanks!

djangel

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Just wanted to share something that some of us noobs with PTZ probably didn't know. In the web interface, the 3D option below the live feed, if selected will allow you to control the PTZ with your mouse. Also, double clicking on the image will make the video full screen, double click again to exit. Probably standard for most, if not all PTZ. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

fmflex

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Good to know of this additional feature. I'd seen it utilized previously with Panasonic and Samsung brand cameras and thought it might have been something the big names had an a feature only.

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
Just wanted to give you a special thanks djangel for this tip. This makes controlling PTZ much easier. Trying to control the camera using those arrow keys and zoom buttons was nearly impossible. If you saw some of my attempted captures you would laugh. All you would need to add would be the Benny Hill theme song. The camera would never go where I wanted.

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
For those of you who might not have seen what djangel was doing, dragging the mouse from from left to right will zoom in, and dragging the mouse from right to left will zoom out. Thanks djangel again for this great tip! :)

jptheking

n3wb
Reaction score
I dont want to stay behind. Just ordered one too :redface-new:. Monica is going to be rich...

As everything is based upon BI in my configuration, I only hope the PTZ functions are recognized soon...:sad: