Mini PTZ camera impressions! 2015 PTZ camera of the year? AVOID THIS CAMERA

HotRodDiesels

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ok, back to work at this....

In the NVR.. I have attempted to hook into 7, 8 & 16th channel.
Some observations: When I put the channel in manual mode the camera is still being power by poe, confusing.
Also the NVR has port 8554 but the camera has 554, do I need to change the camera to 8554?

Attachments

HotRodDiesels

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm very open to suggestions so don't feel like you may insult me ;)
I'm a complete rookie at this stuff and may be doing something extremely simple wrong.

Michael

BTW: The cams work perfectly fine hook to the router, logged in through firefox.

djangel

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I'm assuming the camera is not plugged in to the NVR. Not sure how your network is configured, but you should be able to use the 192.168.1.72 IP instead of the 192.168.188.17 when adding it to the NVR.

HotRodDiesels

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
New development. Its online through the router.

I put in the 192.168.1.72 and its seeing it through the router in the NVR.
Even the PTZ controls work.

Attachments

djangel

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I think I know what's going on. I was getting confused since my cameras are connected to a different POE switch and not directly to the NVR. Your camera is setup for DHCP, so when you plug it directly to the router it picks an IP from your network. You should be able to plug it to the NVR POE port and when adding it, select the Plug and Play. I know I'm not doing the best job explaining, but try that. Another option is to assign specific IP to the camera depending on where you connect it (NVR or router/switch).

djangel

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Ok if that doesn't work and you want to connect the camera directly to the NVR, you will need to assign a static IP to the camera based on the NVR's PoE ports IP address range (192.168.188.XXX). So you will need to go to the camera's network configuration page and uncheck DHCP and enter the desired IP address. (ex. 192.168.188.24, Subnet 255.255.0.0 (I think 255.255.255.0 can work too, but to be safe use 255.255.0.0) and Gateway 192.168.188.1). DNS should not be necessary, but you can always use 8.8.8.8 to be safe. Apply the changes and let the camera cycle power. Unplug and connect to the NVR port and wait for the camera to power, then add it with the manual option as you did before, but using the 192.168.188.24 IP as the example or whatever IP you used.

Warning: If you make a mistake changing the IP address of the camera or input the wrong network, you will need to either connect the camera and computer to a switch and change the computer's NIC card IP address to the same network as the camera (ex. 192.168.188.1/255.255.0.0) to access the camera web gui or reset the camera to defaults. I'm not sure of the reset process for these cameras, but probably need to remove the cover and hold some button for a few seconds while powering the device.

Fruit

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Keep the ptz connected to the router first since we know that works.

click on an empty channel with no cameras connected, click modify, then change from Plug and play to Manual, then type in the IP of your PTZ 192.168.1.72 along with your ptz's password, ports, etc

Protocol should try ONVIF first using HTTP and RTSP ports , then try Hik's (which uses server port).

after that we can try the built-in POE, which isn't designed to work with 3rd party cameras that much (since it is suppose to be plug and play with HV cams)

Edit: nevermind just saw your picture saying that it works on the router

Does the power turn on for your PTZ when connected to the built-in POE? I think the built-in POE switch from the NVR is only regular POE (15.4 watts power, 802.3af , and not POE +. 802.3at, which many PTZ uses.)

djangel

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Keep the ptz connected to the router first since we know that works.

click on an empty channel with no cameras connected, click modify, then change from Plug and play to Manual, then type in the IP of your PTZ 192.168.1.72 along with your ptz's password, ports, etc

Protocol should try ONVIF first using HTTP and RTSP ports , then try Hik's (which uses server port).

after that we can try the built-in POE, which isn't designed to work with 3rd party cameras that much (since it is suppose to be plug and play with HV cams)

Edit: nevermind just saw your picture saying that it works on the router

Does the power turn on for your PTZ when connected to the built-in POE? I think the built-in POE switch from the NVR is only regular POE (15.4 watts power, 802.3af , and not POE +. 802.3at, which many PTZ uses.)
Camera is PoE, not PoE+. Although I don't have mine connected to the NVR PoE ports, I did try it before and worked fine.

epcjay

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I used onvifer for Android. Has ptz controls too

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

HotRodDiesels

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
With some help I think we may have figured it out.
Set the ip of the cam to the NVR address 192.168.188.xxx
Set the gateway address to 192.168.188.1, This is where the problem lies I think as I was setting it to 192.168.1.xxx
In the NVR set the channel to manual.
Use onvif protocol.
Make sure the cams IP is correct ie:192.168.188.xxx

Its working so Thank You to my "helpers" ;)

Michael

djangel

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
With some help I think we may have figured it out.
Set the ip of the cam to the NVR address 192.168.188.xxx
Set the gateway address to 192.168.188.1, This is where the problem lies I think as I was setting it to 192.168.1.xxx
In the NVR set the channel to manual.
Use onvif protocol.
Make sure the cams IP is correct ie:192.168.188.xxx

Its working so Thank You to my "helpers" ;)

Michael

Oops... the .XXX was meant to be a number from the available IPs shown in the NVR, like .024 (192.168.188.24)

Sorry, bad instructions :D