Mini PTZ camera impressions! 2015 PTZ camera of the year? AVOID THIS CAMERA

Larebear

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Based on your sig you needed another cam.....lol
You can never have too many spares. :) Might have to start selling some of them. I have a couple of new ESC's that are still in the original boxes and never been installed.

Welcome on board. I was waiting for you to finally give in :)

Looks like they sold quite a few of these now and gaining popularity. So far the ones I have are working great, except annoying motion detection which sending out tons of false alarms. Frankly, after initial setup I am no longer using PTZ functions, they are static.
Yeah, I couldn't take it anymore after reading all the positive reviews in this thread. Good thing I wasn't drinking last night or I probably would have ordered a half dozen of them. :D

Yellowhorn

n3wb
Reaction score
Issue is your gateway. If possible, resetting to defaults would be the easiest way, but meanwhile you should be able to use pc/laptop and change the NIC card IP to 192.168.1.254, Subnet: 255.255.255.0, GW: 192.168.1.254 and connect the pc/laptop and camera to a switch. Use the web gui to access the camera and fix the gateway. Gateway more than likely is 192.168.1.1, with a 255.255.255.0 subnet mask. try that to see if it works.

Thanks djangel,

The gateway address is only used for IP traffic destined to hosts outside of the local network. So, any traffic staying on my 192.168.1.0/24 should not be using the gateway address. I Just double checked my HIKs and I have .254 for the GW on all but one of them which has 0.0.0.0. as the GW. They all work fine. And you are correct, my actual GW is 192.168.1.1

Since I can ping the camera, poorly but I can ping it, and I get a login prompt from my browser, the camera is reachable on my network. It's just not good enough to connect due to the packet drops and bad latency.

I see it as a connected device on my Netgear switch ( 192.168.1.200 58:04:CB:10:2B:F1 ).

It's behaving like a duplex/speed mismatch. I'll take it to work this morning and connect it to a Cisco switch so I can see how it's negotiating to the switch.

I appreciate everyone's input and will let you guys know what I find.

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I think mine has developed a fault

The picture has just become blurry all of a sudden
I've tried the obvious with the focus, iris and lens initialization but not worked even tried I reset.

I noticed last night that the picture settings seemed to have gone out of wack even though they were still set to the values I'd set them to.

For example gain was set to 10 but on the actual picture it was more or less 100

You can definitely tell the difference in the day pictures as it seems like it's way out of focus but yet no setting nor resets cure the issue

I'm hoping it's not a hardware fault and it can be sorted

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Bummer. Were you doing something when it happened and have you tried manual focus? Can you share a screenshot?

epcjay

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks djangel,

The gateway address is only used for IP traffic destined to hosts outside of the local network. So, any traffic staying on my 192.168.1.0/24 should not be using the gateway address. I Just double checked my HIKs and I have .254 for the GW on all but one of them which has 0.0.0.0. as the GW. They all work fine. And you are correct, my actual GW is 192.168.1.1

Since I can ping the camera, poorly but I can ping it, and I get a login prompt from my browser, the camera is reachable on my network. It's just not good enough to connect due to the packet drops and bad latency.

I see it as a connected device on my Netgear switch ( 192.168.1.200 58:04:CB:10:2B:F1 ).

It's behaving like a duplex/speed mismatch. I'll take it to work this morning and connect it to a Cisco switch so I can see how it's negotiating to the switch.

I had similar issues where the camera would drop off the network randomly, sometimes minutes, hours or even a few days and it would come back itself. I mentioned it somewhere in this thread. In the log, it would show net err. I crimped a new cable thinking it was my bad crimping and same thing was happening. Ended up not liking my router cause when I hooked it up on my switch, problem went away.

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

djangel

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I really need to refresh my networking skills :) Anyway, I did experience a similar issue before with the camera giving me a Network Anomaly error, but it was due to changing the http port from it's default.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Does anyone know what is IR near/IR far setting do? I don't see any difference changing values.

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
I really need to refresh my networking skills :) Anyway, I did experience a similar issue before with the camera giving me a Network Anomaly error, but it was due to changing the http port from it's default.
I did the same with my camera. I lost access to it when I did this. I could still log into the camera with Internet Explorer, but all the "fields or settings" in it's browser pages were blank. I couldn't even do a "Reset" or "Default" from the "Maintenance" tab. I tried from 2 other computers with the same result. I even tried using SADP to change the setting back, but this didn't work either. My solution was to log in with "FireFox. For some unknown reason, I was able to login to the camera and access all settings. So I started over by resetting the camera to the default settings. I have had no problems with the camera except for the vertical position changing slightly in some of my presets.

The funny thing is, my camera has been rock solid on my network. No drop offs, or loss of connection since it's been installed.

epcjay

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I did the same with my camera. I lost access to it when I did this. I could still log into the camera with Internet Explorer, but all the "fields or settings" in it's browser pages were blank. I couldn't even do a "Reset" or "Default" from the "Maintenance" tab. I tried from 2 other computers with the same result. I even tried using SADP to change the setting back, but this didn't work either. My solution was to log in with "FireFox. For some unknown reason, I was able to login to the camera and access all settings. So I started over by resetting the camera to the default settings. I have had no problems with the camera except for the vertical position changing slightly in some of my presets.

The funny thing is, my camera has been rock solid on my network. No drop offs, or loss of connection since it's been installed.
I think this was brought up before and the reason is the plugin must be loaded before the settings come up. Sounds like internet explorer was blocking the plugin?

Yellowhorn

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks djangel,

Ok guys, I'm pretty sure mine is just bad. Connecting to a Cisco switch in my lab made no difference. It was negotiating correctly at full duplex and 100M with no errors. I tried every combination hard configuring the negotiation with 1/2 duplex and 10 and 100M. Each time it would connect with no errors but the drops and high response times to ping persist.

I'm still getting a login prompt but get a the "Network Anomaly" error when entering credentials. I get that error with admin/admin or in fact any credentials I enter.

I took it completely apart looking for a "reset" button.. there isn't one. Re-seated all the ribbons cables and connectors but it didn't help.

Guess I just drew the short straw on this one.

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
I think this was brought up before and the reason is the plugin must be loaded before the settings come up. Sounds like internet explorer was blocking the plugin?

I'm not sure about this. Internet Explorer had been working fine with the camera before I changed the setting. Would changing the port then cause the plugin to stop working? Maybe someone else might know.

Yellowhorn

n3wb
Reaction score
You may have, but I wouldn't give up hope that this is a bad configuration issue. Did you get in touch with Monica?
Sort of, she's having a little trouble understanding "factory reset".

I'm pretty confident it's not a configuration problem though unless making the IP change with the Hikvision SADP did something funky.

epcjay

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm not sure about this. Internet Explorer had been working fine with the camera before I changed the setting. Would changing the port then cause the plugin to stop working? Maybe someone else might know.
I'm guessing explorer cached the page. Did you try and delete history and cookies? Just checking you were access the page with HTTP://ipaddressort right?

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm guessing explorer cached the page. Did you try and delete history and cookies? Just checking you were access the page with HTTP://ipaddressort right?

Yes, without adding the port I could not login at all. I did delete history and cookies. I also tried reloading the plugin. But I also tried from 2 other Windows computers too. Anyway, at least I got working again.

Oreo10

n3wb
Reaction score
Anyone get it to record to an SD card? I have a 16gb microSD in my camera, it is recognized and was formatted in my Huisun but even with motion detection on 100% sensitivity and telling it to record to SD it doesn't seem to be recording anything on it.