Mini-PTZ Give-Away Qontest

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Less road rage from the impatient ones.
Young snowflakes become harder to melt.
Snowflakes get less susceptible to trigger words.
Fewer safe spaces are needed.
Fewer emotional support animals, you know, cows, pigs, goats, chickens, lamas, sheep, ducks, show up on airlines and in restaurants than in the past.
People actually start getting drivers training before getting their grubby mitts on keys to a behemoth Ford F250 with Dualies.
That my 11 grandkids don't grow up to be snowflakes or need safe spaces.
Young kids will start to go outdoors and get familiar with that big red ball in the sky, that is such a mystery.
Helicopter parents, will do less hoovering and more mentoring their kids.

I would give a complete and honest review of the prize, and best of all.......I would do it for FREE, no charge, gratus, nada. But afterwards I may need to charge a fee for disposal of said prize. :)
Promise I will not implicate Andy in said review of said prize.

Last edited:

00Buck

Known around here
Reaction score
I gave a Version 1 Imporx/Huisun 2MP Mini PTZ Camera to a friend after I joined the Forum ( I figured it would die after reading through the posts) :idk: it is still
working perfectly. :facepalm:

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I take it that you're referring to Americans whose heads explode when another American's expresses a differing opinion?

View attachment 46847
I'm referring to today's young'ins that need a safe space, and a blanket after nasty words like, work, earn your keep, Initiative, no your not entitled to money without effort, and such are uttered in their prescience.
Or stunts like this:

Ungrateful son pushes parents' BMW gift into river because he wanted a Jaguar

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I'm referring to today's young'ins that need a safe space, and a blanket after nasty words like, work, earn your keep, Initiative, no your not entitled to money without effort, and such are uttered in their prescience.
Or feel like they deserve a "participation" trophy or certificate. To some degree, I blame the parents for that.

No wonder kids react the way they do these days when they don't get their way or someone looks at them cross-eyed. They're so thin-skinned and have never experienced any disappointment or difficulty.
I have never in my life seen or heard of so many whiney, wimpy, pussified young people, male and female alike...and I'm not talking about 6 to 10 year olds...these are 16 to 25 year olds!

God save us.....

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Or feel like they deserve a "participation" trophy or certificate. To some degree, I blame the parents for that.

No wonder kids react the way they do these days when they don't get their way or someone looks at them cross-eyed. They're so thin-skinned and have never experienced any disappointment or difficulty.
I have never in my life seen or heard of so many whiney, wimpy, pussified young people, male and female alike...and I'm not talking about 6 to 10 year olds...these are 16 to 25 year olds!

God save us.....
Exactly. And the trades and other business's are suffering the consequences.
My daughter works in the finance industry, her latest interview with a prospective employee, 23 yr old 4 yr degree college grad didn't understand that you paid interest on your mortgage, and that was one of the ways the bank made money.
Ironworkers, welders, carpenters, pipefitters, heavy equipment operators are all feeling the pain.
Local PD held their annual hiring recently, 10 yrs ago they would get anywhere from 200-300 applications, the past 3 yrs they've received less than 10.
I blame the epidemic of so many kids grow up without a male in the house hold, colleges, the push the last 30 yrs that everyone "needs" college. College has turned into one huge money making scam of the 21st century.
But what do I know, i'm just a dumb grumpy old guy.

A recent local real help wanted ad tells the story.

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I'm not buying it. As I see it, such complaints are what older generations have said about the younger generations...forever. With regards to the Jaguar in the river...this happened in India and a cursory investigation into this story would reveal that the young man in question had a history of mental illness...which went largely unreported largely because that part of the story didn't play well with the popular myth that our younger generation is emotionally and spiritually deficient; tack that up to sucker's confirmation bias. Furthermore in the "old days" one never read about the mother who put her baby in the meat-grinder, whereas in today's Internet era every single baby in a meat-grinder story is carried by 100,000 "news" websites which leads the Sheeple conclude that motherhood ain't what it used to be.

7a501413-57d2-403c-b43a-60a90fd65e28.jpg

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I'm not buying it. As I see it, such complaints are what older generations have said about the younger generations...forever.
Possibly, but I don't buy that as a total explanation.

I speak from personal experience, not something someone else said or something I read.

I've interviewed, hired and worked with young people in the 1970's, '80's, '90's and 2000's from both coasts of varied backgrounds and ethnicity......4 decades of getting first-hand exposure to their attitudes, work ethic, likes and dislikes and I can reiterate unequivocally and with no hesitation what I said earlier in post #47.

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Tony, I'm convinced it's the Ugly Side of The Internet that allows each and every tormented, deranged, hateful, dingbat broadcast his or her message of hate and anxiety to millions. Used to be you had to go down to Joe's Gas N' Go and play poker with Crazy Joe and the boys to be indoctrinated in Joe's nigger-jew-woman hate story. Now Joe's got a Word Press blog and he's messaging his 10,000 followers instead of the 4 guys he used to play poker with. Baby-In-Meat-Grinder Tony...Baby-In-Meat-Grinder.

welcome-to-the-internet.png

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Alas...the introduction of derogative political catch-phrases along with my own participation in the denigration of this topic foretells the devolution of what initially was a nobly conceived Qontest.

So I'm changing the rules and I declare this contest to be Qoncluded...and that's Qoncluded with a FoQin' "Q" so ya'll know IT'S REALLY OVER.

@tangent please choose us a winner from amongst the current 20 contest entries.

To whoever is named the winner: Please PM me with your shipping address and I'll try to get your prize out immediately after @tangent announces his selection..

Last edited:

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
And I'll make it easy for @tangent to choose...
  1. @TonyR: I hope that sometime in 2020 @fenderman will finally let go, not hold back any more and tell us all what he really thinks.
  2. @Mike A.: I hope I win the junk awesome cam!
  3. @pinko: I hope everyone reads the Quontest Disclaimer, thats the real winner.
  4. @ThomasPI : Hope to get 18 cameras up and running on our new house build with a LOT more reading and questions !
  5. @JNDATHP: I want our oldest granddaughter to finish college. She has one year under her belt but opted out for a semester because she didn’t have enough money and she didn’t tell anyone. She would be the first in her family to graduate and we’ve committed to making sure the financial stress is removed.
  6. IAmATeaf: My hopes are simple and maybe regarded a bit selfish but I hope I’m still alive and have a job else it will have a big negative impact on my family. Oh and I hope Duhua release a new and improved firmware soon with SmartIR properly working for the new 4Mp low light cams as I’m itching to buy a few, assuming I’m still alive and have a job that is
  7. @crw030: My hope for the coming year (Aug-2019 thru Aug-2020) is to ereQt several additional cameras (including this Qontest camera which we all know will be pointed in the wrong direction when something happens), catch some bad people doing very stupid things on the fixed cameras, and reach 10 (TEN) posts that @fenderman doesn't make me look like an idiot.
  8. @gordo: My hope is Q runs for, and is elected President of the USA in 2020.
  9. @00Buck: I hope I can finish reading the Qontest disclaimer before the year is over. I am sure in the upcoming year I will need just one more camera!
  10. @archedraft: This year I hope to find out how many security cameras it takes before my wife finally looses it...Haha, hopefully not, but for real this year, I am excited to introduce my daughter to the world and hoping to still get the same amount of sleep!
  11. @Rakin: Hope for my child to have a good year. Oh and a free ptz
  12. @nbstl68: My hope for the coming year is that my 20 yr old kitty stays strong and lives long enough for me to install my dahua cams and catch him doing something cute and memorable in the yard. With a mini ptz I could track and zoom him.
  13. @vandyman: I hope I do not see anymore Big Bertha videos for the rest of the year. . The one here on IPCamTalk made me part blind.
  14. @Dramus: My hopes for the coming year... Hmmm... Continued reasonably good health for the love of my life, our furkids and me and no major disasters with home or cars. A couple more cams for the surveillance system would be nice, and maybe add an automation controller. Oh yeah: And finally complete The Man Cave Project
  15. @XYZed : That my cameras never have to capture any suspicious activity from the two-legged creatures. Four or more legs and wings are fine by me, because that's entertainment. Cats are more than suspicious on their own. I don't need to throw the human kind into the mix. Oh and...whirled peas.
  16. @tech101: I hope in 2020 Even better processors :D 10 NM will be a dream but at-least one can Hope so LOL. I would love to build a new RIG 2020 for Blue iris. And Also add some Ultra Series cams 4k :D Getting one soon But wanna get more :D Another thing in 2020 Run some cams to the Mailbox post
  17. @Tinman: Ok, I will help you out. My goal is to buy less cams and win more cams, so I can buy more guns & ammo
  18. @catcamstar: I hope to be the 25th participant so you can send your precious cam to one of the other contestants :p. On a serious note: I hope that many people continue to (objectively) help others on this forum (and others): caring is sharing!
  19. @VorlonFrog: My most fervent wish for the remainder of 2019 and all of 2020 is for a stable, reliable, feature-rich, functional doorbell camera with POE capability and full-duplex audio.
  20. @looney2ns: Less road rage from the impatient ones. Young snowflakes become harder to melt. Snowflakes get less susceptible to trigger words. Fewer safe spaces are needed. Fewer emotional support animals, you know, cows, pigs, goats, chickens, lamas, sheep, ducks, show up on airlines and in restaurants than in the past. People actually start getting drivers training before getting their grubby mitts on keys to a behemoth Ford F250 with Dualies. That my 11 grandkids don't grow up to be snowflakes or need safe spaces. Young kids will start to go outdoors and get familiar with that big red ball in the sky, that is such a mystery. Helicopter parents, will do less hoovering and more mentoring their kids.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Tony, I'm convinced it's the Ugly Side of The Internet that allows each and every tormented, deranged, hateful, dingbat broadcast his or her message of hate and anxiety to millions.
Sadly, that's very true.:facepalm:

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

I speak from personal experience, not something someone else said or something I read.

I've interviewed, hired and worked with young people in the 1970's, '80's, '90's and 2000's from both coasts of varied backgrounds and ethnicity......4 decades of getting first-hand exposure to their attitudes, work ethic, likes and dislikes and I can reiterate unequivocally and with no hesitation what I said earlier in post #47.
35 yrs of the same here.