Mini PTZ repair experience with Jack from Imporx

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Alright folks, I will keep you updated on my experience sending my Mini PTZs cameras for repair.

I've shipped 2 bricked cameras on Saturday July 2nd, just got confirmation that he received them, so I am pleased by the shipping speed. The price to ship using USPS Global Express (aka EMS) was $85, so obviously shipping one camera may not have been feasible. Other option to ship was Priority mail for $65, but that was without tracking and I didn't want to take chances over $20 difference.

I also bought another one from him, so he could ship them all together back to me.

Imporx store:
http://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/bWN8EHE0

To be updated...

Impressive shipping speed:

Shipment ActivityLocationDate & Time

DeliveredCHINAJuly 7, 2016 5:48 pm
Processed through FacilityGUANGZHOU EMS, CHINAJuly 6, 2016 11:23 pm
Processed Through FacilityCHINAJuly 6, 2016 3:24 pm
DepartedTokyo, JAPANJuly 6, 2016 8:50 am
DepartedSan Francisco, UNITED STATESJuly 5, 2016 1:35 am
ArrivedSan Francisco, UNITED STATESJuly 4, 2016 4:42 pm
Processed Through FacilityISC SAN FRANCISCO (USPS)July 4, 2016 11:54 am
Arrived at FacilityISC SAN FRANCISCO (USPS)July 4, 2016 11:53 am
Departed USPS FacilitySEATTLE, WA 98168July 3, 2016 7:15 am
Arrived at USPS FacilitySEATTLE, WA 98168July 2, 2016 6:47 pm
Acceptance

Repair is complete and I have to say Jack went extra mile. He kept me informed throughout the process and total turnaround time for this was about two weeks, he upgraded to DHL shipping to have the cams shipped back to me faster. I did however order a new cam and offered him to ship it all together. One of the cams he repaired was actually from Monica (the first v2 with burned out POE) I believe it was also with a broken cable. Just to refresh everyone memory both of them were bricked by different firmware, first cam was from Jack that was bricked by firmware shared by mondo who got it from Onica, second cam was the first v2 from Monica that was bricked by firmware provided by Jack himself.

I tried to get some more information how they were actually fixed, but he said engineers loaded correct firmware without providing any details. So I guess they want to keep it as their trade secret.

The signature orange tape all over.

All were tightly packaged with plenty of padding around them

All 3 unpacked, as a bonus he included the new POE splitter for each one. Note that model numbers on the new one is different, although all of them look visually identical

I found perfect use for that box for testing the cams, cut couple holes to keep them upright without mounting

The new cam has new model number (YC-110AR) but older firmware from 3/3, the fixed cams have newer firmware the same one that I was trying to load last time which bricked my cams

The only unexpected part about this is that none of the cams work with internal POE, at the very least I expected one of the repaired cams to have internal POE working. Other part is worth noting about these POEs is they would require you to cut the cable to insert the waterproof connector:
:

Last edited by a moderator:

Interpon

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
thank you, I found 'Jack' responsive on my questions.. hope the best for you and all.

so far so good pushing 2 weeks with mine. Still cannot figure out how to have it record to SD card too though.
I noted price varies from 138 to now a high of 156? LOL..market conditions.

bob2701

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Thanks @klasipca, did he say how much the repair would be or are they under warrantee? If there is such a thing over there!!

Last edited by a moderator:

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah, so far Jack has been great responding to all inquires. He seems to provide a very good service. We'll see how it goes with the repair and warranty. In terms of price, it was on sale for number of months, perhaps there will be another one.

Futaba

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Good luck. Luck is on your side. You package just missed a giant typhoon.

Homer51

Young grasshopper
Reaction score

wxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
$85? Ouch, that's a little extreme for a camera that's only a little over $100 new...I would have sent it First Class International with insurance for around $30...Would have taken a few weeks and if it got lost, you'd get the money back to buy a new one.

Interpon

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thats a lot of money, that sucks. Maybe a crappy review will help and advise others?

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
If you wanted to wait weeks and not knowing whether it makes it or not... sure you can send it for less money. I am mainly testing repair service we can expect and didn't want shipping to be a bottleneck.

mando209

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
He sure loves these cameras

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bradmph

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
To save cost in technician time, how much you want to bet they just rip guts out and install a new inside and ship it back. Hopefully they research the problem and make corrections educationally so it never happens again. What's their cost on a total transplant? $10 maybe?

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
So far not much an update in terms of repair. Jack sent me a short status today, so I think they just looked at the cams. He send me a picture of the supposedly damaged cable in one of the cameras. I don't remember seeing this when I shipped it but even if it was the case it had no affect on the performance. I am waiting to hear what that means in terms of repair, but obviously I would want to take care of this.

mando209

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
When wire is straight u won't notice it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk