Mini PTZ: Reported Issues/Limitations

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Great! Its amazing that they sell that junk and it causes so much frustration and problems for end users.
It's cheap. It's amazing how people recommend $15 dummy cameras and $40 420TVL cameras and people still go wild for this junk. The majority of people are suckers for false economy, the clued up buy the right gear at good value, and idiots like me spend a fortune getting stuff which costs 100% more but is 1% better. But then the satisfaction of that extra 1%.

Anyway, I digress. CCA I think is ok for non-PoE and short lengths (<20m xbox to router, tv to router etc). If you are doing an install you should always use Copper Core, it's not worth saving $15.

hunte88

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
my hikvision dc2032 with cca cable work fine with poe to 90 m Only Huisun camera have problem. The huisun with cca cable the power work but the network link not.

Inviato dal mio SM-N9005 utilizzando Tapatalk

acvb

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
hik non ptz = 4volts
huisun pz = 18volts
cca cable = junk

hunte88

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
my switch poe can give right power with cca cable to huisun because the auto test ptz on boot work and also led. It's only the network comunications that not work.

atom

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
my switch poe can give right power with cca cable to huisun because the auto test ptz on boot work and also led. It's only the network comunications that not work.

I had the exact same issue with a Huisin using old CCA cable. I replaced it with solid copper cat6 and everything works correctly now.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
my hikvision dc2032 with cca cable work fine with poe to 90 m Only Huisun camera have problem. The huisun with cca cable the power work but the network link not.
The Hikvision DS-2CD2032 will draw about 4w of power over PoE, about a quarter of what the Huisin PTZ requires, so that's not a valid comparison.

hunte88

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The Hikvision DS-2CD2032 will draw about 4w of power over PoE, about a quarter of what the Huisin PTZ requires, so that's not a valid comparison.
Yes but i was to say that it is not a power' problem but is a problem of signal on the cable. The CCA sucks.

The difference when not use ptz function is very slow:Schermata 2016-01-11 a 14.37.33.png huisun is on port 5. The other are hikvision

Last edited by a moderator:

wxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
hik non ptz = 4volts
huisun pz = 18volts
cca cable = junk
Not sure where you're getting those numbers. Both units use approx 48 volts POE....The watts are different, however. Hikvision bullet uses a max of 7 watts (typically lower) and the Huisun mini PTZ uses a max of 12 watts (typically lower)....The IR lights and pan/tilt motor is really the only things that require more power....For a standard daytime, non-IR light image while not panning or tilting, the power consumption should be fairly equal on both cams...On the other hand, the cams do have to test all modes on startup, so the startup will require more power than is typically used during normal operation. That may create an issue.

I will say that my Huisun is working fine via POE on a 25ft cat5E cable I got for about $2 on Ebay...Not sure if it's CCA or just what the cable is made of or if longer lengths would have any issues.....but whatever it's made of, it works great for me at this length and well worth the $2.

hunte88

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I must to Try if the cca cable work with huisun with 70-100 ft and 20ft, i suspect that the cable does not work on only some lengths.

I reported to support Huisun that is better than write that their function POE is not guaranteed up to 328 ft with cable cca.

They told me they will ask questions to engineers.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
In terms of cable length - the familiar 328 feet (100m) maximum length applies to the signalling specifications when the cable complies with the Cat5x and Cat6 definitions, which both copper and cca cable can do.
For PoE there is an additional requirement of maximum voltage drop due to the cable resistance, due to the current required to power the device.
For the original, common 802.3af specification, the defined voltage at the end-point at the powered device can be achieved worst case with a cable resistance not exceeding 20 Ohms.
With the higher-power classes of powered device such as the PTZ, the cable resistance must be correspondingly lower.
This is the aspect where cca-based cable can't achieve the same lengths as with the lower resistance of a solid copper cable and stay within the PoE specifications for the powered device.