Mini PTZ: Reported Issues/Limitations

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Before purchasing the camera please be aware of the following issues/limitations that were previously reported:

Power - Some users including myself had issues with POE. In my case it was resolved by using a another POE switch. Make sure POE meets the requirement. Camera tests show that it draws up to 11W. (spec state up to 18W)

Focus - 1 user reported focus issue after fog, camera wouldn't auto refocus. Resolution: manually focus

PT movement speed - Slow pan/tilt movement. This is a known camera limitation

Internal wiring issues - No details on this yet

In camera motion detection - Too sensitive and sends out numerous false alarms. Especially during dusk/dawn hours. Resolution: None so far if you are relying on builtin firmware. I couldn't get any input from the supplier whether this will be fixed

Slow shipment from the supplier - camera is currently in high demand and shipment maybe slow. Resolution: Be patient

Stuck IR cut filter - reported by 1 user. Resolution: power cycle the camera

I will be updating this post as more issues get reported

Last edited by a moderator:

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Re: Reported Issues/Limitations

Might want to change the main board topic to include the model and brand of camera being discussed just to clarify...
Absolutely +1. Every Topic name should state the camera model number as, I would imagine, that this manufacturer will be releasing multiple models (in fact I already see multiple models on their website. The Huisun web site is Qonfusing enough...IMO we should try to clarify which Huisun cameras are being discussed.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Re: Reported Issues/Limitations

Good idea, but only moderator can change the topic though.

atom

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Some users have reported that PT speeds improve with dedicated power as opposed to POE. I just tried 3 different setups:

1. POE via a basic TPlink POE switch with other cams running off it also (short, decent quality cable),
  2. POE via a dedicated 30W LINKSYS injector and 1m solid copper Cat6 cable, and
  3. no POE, 12v 2.5A power supply.

I used the camera's OSD to check the voltage levels with each one, including with LEDs on and using PTZ. For each setup the results were identical. It idled with LEDs off at 11.7v, using PTZ went down to 11.6v, with LEDs on went down to 11.6v, with LEDs on and using PTZ went down to 11.5v.

I couldn't pick any difference in PT speed either.

As far as I can see if there are any power issues it would be due to dodgy cable or a POE device which isn't up to the task rather than a difference between POE and separate 12v power supply.

dalepa

Reaction score
Was having power issues at night and lots of panning, camera would just reboot. Switch over to a new dedicated POE adapter and so far no issues with power or resets. Guess the cheap trendnet POE has some limits.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

chewie

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello All
I have 4 Hikvision cameras and use a dedicated power supply 12v 10 amp for all 4 of them, well I connected the Mini PTZ it power it up, but when the camera started to move, it move but it froze up, it did not finish the boot up sequence.
I have a 12v 2 amp adapter that I been using and had no problems with it.
I can't find the OSD setup to display the voltage, maybe someone can direct me how to set it up.
Can someone post the best settings for this camera? I just got mine 2 days ago and been playing with it and I think it needs some fine tuning.
Thanks in advance.
Regards.
Chewie

alphawave7

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Was having power issues at night and lots of panning, camera would just reboot. Switch over to a new dedicated POE adapter and so far no issues with power or resets. Guess the cheap trendnet POE has some limits.
That's the neeewer I bought for the deckcam..my run is about 25 feet from cam to adapter. Was you cam 'in position' or are you testing?

korakora

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hello All
I have 4 Hikvision cameras and use a dedicated power supply 12v 10 amp for all 4 of them, well I connected the Mini PTZ it power it up, but when the camera started to move, it move but it froze up, it did not finish the boot up sequence.
I have a 12v 2 amp adapter that I been using and had no problems with it.
I can't find the OSD setup to display the voltage, maybe someone can direct me how to set it up.
Can someone post the best settings for this camera? I just got mine 2 days ago and been playing with it and I think it needs some fine tuning.
Thanks in advance.
Regards.
Chewie
you have to use 48v if you use POE, but if the cam not support POE you have to use POE splitter, it convert input to 12v output, but if you dont..even 20amp you would not powered the cam correctly, it may LOSS on cable (voltage outage)

POE SPLITTER
POE-Splitter-HI-P011.jpg

Show OSD menu with Preset 95 + Call

Info Show Voltage stable on 12v

day.jpg

even IR ON

nite.jpg

your case like this one, since POE cannot handling big AMP then i've to powerred my speed dome (it need 4amp alone) over ethernet then using pasif spliter to plug into power cord on camera, its only 5 meters far, but voltage drop 1/2 volt

10.52.4.15_00_00_20151117104740593.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

chewie

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello Dalepa
Regarding this adapter, I am not familiar with POE, can you explain how is your setup is hooked up, I have my cameras connected to a Ethernet switch and this switch connects to a power line ethernet adapter, I wonder if I can adapt a poe adapter like yours to my setup.
Thanks in advance.
Regards.
CHEWIE

chewie

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
you have to use 48v if you use POE, but if the cam not support POE you have to use POE splitter, it convert input to 12v output, but if you dont..even 20amp you would not powered the cam correctly, it may LOSS on cable (voltage outage)

POE SPLITTER
View attachment 6521

Show OSD menu with Preset 95 + Call

Info Show Voltage stable on 12v

View attachment 6522

even IR ON

View attachment 6523

your case like this one, since POE cannot handling big AMP then i've to powerred my speed dome (it need 4amp alone) over ethernet then using pasif spliter to plug into power cord on camera, its only 5 meters far, but voltage drop 1/2 volt

View attachment 6524
Hello KoraKora
Regarding the OSD setup, I don't understand what you are talking about, what is this means =Show OSD menu with Preset 95 + Call.
Please let me know.
Regards.
Chewie

fmflex

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
A suggestion to those with power issues, maybe either utilise POE+ equipment if not powering from a brick.

I've not mounted mine yet and I've had it for nearly 3 months as between work, moving back into the house, 2 kids under 4 and finding time to sleep; I've not had the time. I did test mine with a POE injector during the day using a 15m patch lead and it appeared to work ok for the 10 minutes I was fiddling with it. I'm planning on powering mine off a Cisco carrier grade switch with inbuilt POE+ so will report back to this thread on how it goes.

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Thanks KoraKora
The Voltage on mine reads 11.8V
Regards.
Chewie
I'm still having major issues with the camera losing focus

Clear day and night today and I came home tonight to find picture blurry again!

Spoken to Monica = brick wall
I like the girl but she has no technical knowledge at all!

Everything is i ask engineer

Not sure where to go with this it's begining to become a pain!

dalepa

Reaction score
Hello Dalepa
Regarding this adapter, I am not familiar with POE, can you explain how is your setup is hooked up, I have my cameras connected to a Ethernet switch and this switch connects to a power line ethernet adapter, I wonder if I can adapt a poe adapter like yours to my setup.
Thanks in advance.
Regards.
CHEWIE
with POE (Power over Ethernet) you only need to run one cable. POE sends power and data over the same cable which powers the camera and sends Ethernet traffic over it. The powerline adapter as you have just transmits Ethernet over the power line. Most of the time, you will want to put your camera where there's no power, so POE simplifies the cabling...

You can get a POE switch with 4 POE ports that can power and Ethernet 4 cameras.

We are still trying to understand the limitation of the Huisun 10x and it appears that power is critical to driving this new PTZ. My 4 port POE switches were having some issues with the Huisun, so I switch over to a dedicated POE below. This POE adapter plugs into power, and has Ethernet in port and a POE (power and Ethernet out) port which seems to have solved my power issues.

I also have a 450ft Ethernet run with a POE extender in the middle to boost the Ethernet signal which is somewhat out of the norm..

I like this small single port POE device and the price is right at only $9

41+h3UNOcgL.jpg

Reactions: mik

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
...I like this small single port POE device and the price is right at only $9...
Supplying this camera with the correct power does appear to play a critical role in it's correct operation.

I've been following this topic on and off...I'm not 100% up-to-speed so please excuse me if I misstate something.

As I recall this camera's spec calls for power which is slightly in excess of the standard PoE IEEE802.3AF specification...

TypeStandardMaximum Wattage
PoEIEEE802.3AF
PoE+IEEE802.3AT25.5

Therefore, if I was you guys I'd be looking for a PoE+ (IEEE802.3AT) injector...not a standard PoE (IEEE802.3AF) injector.

Again, I've been remiss in paying close attention to this topic, so if this is already known -- or has already been stated -- please excuse me.