Mini PTZ v2: 4x optical zoom version

Promod117

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Does anyone remember what the advertised IR distance was?

bob2701

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Just checked on my dispute and now Monica want to give me a $30 refund!!!!! What a joke!

Dispute.JPG

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Basically she said that 4x that we all got in this batch had "bad lens". They went with another supplier and upgraded to newer lens in the new cams... This is the cost of being early adopter. I've removed the faceplate which improved the night vision to the point almost as good as previous 3x and doesn't appear mine has any focus issues.

Futaba

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Just checked on my dispute and now Monica want to give me a $30 refund!!!!! What a joke!

View attachment 9458
So you get a $30 discount? You get to keep the cam and get $30 back? That is not bad. I will file a dispute to get $30 back.

- - - Updated - - -

Basically she said that 4x that we all got in this batch had "bad lens". They went with another supplier and upgraded to newer lens in the new cams... This is the cost of being early adopter. I've removed the faceplate which improved the night vision to the point almost as good as previous 3x and doesn't appear mine has any focus issues.
How easy is it to remove the face plate? Will it make it more exposed to the element?

bob2701

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Use the tool that came with the camera or use a paperclip. Just push it in the hole to release.

HTB16fDaLVXXXXcyXpXXq6xXFXXXL.jpg

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
So you get a $30 discount? You get to keep the cam and get $30 back? That is not bad. I will file a dispute to get $30 back.

- - - Updated - - -

How easy is it to remove the face plate? Will it make it more exposed to the element?
The face plate isn't really protecting anything aside from cleaner/stealth look.

Futaba

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I just IM'ed her. Will pass on any info if I get any.

jerrymax6

n3wb
Reaction score
My camera doesn't even work and she's only offered me a #10. refund. She has not offered any help and just responds with more questions to kill time. I believe she just hopes I'll give up.

stoney7713

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I thought about cutting holes in the faceplate in front of the IRs and using grommets to clean up any ruff look of the holes in the faceplate.

No not the sleek black look but still hides some screws and the SD card slot. (That doesn't line up with the real SD slot) or does it? I haven't looked really :laugh:

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
I thought about cutting holes in the faceplate in front of the IRs and using grommets to clean up any ruff look of the holes in the faceplate.

No not the sleek black look but still hides some screws and the SD card slot. (That doesn't line up with the real SD slot) or does it? I haven't looked really :laugh:
The SD card slot is sealed anyway so nothing can be inserted into it. If there was an actual slot in it then the camera wouldn't be weatherproof

Bill

stoney7713

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Good point, hadn't given it much thought, never planned on using it. I also don't plan on opening the cam unless I really need to.

stoney7713

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
But, has anyone thought about mounting a small IR light to the camera case?
4 Leds IR illuminator IR lamp cctv Lighting IR Infrared illuminator CCTV Camera Night-vision Fill Light IR Led 850nm
[url]http://s.aliexpress.com/bmU3eIZb
(from AliExpress Android)[/URL]

Might be a bit large and I don't know how well these really work, 30-90 degrees, might be ok for close, would need something better for long distance.

Just thinking the IR would at least pan with the camera rather than flooding everywhere with IR.

Futaba

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
She said if I buy another camera from her, she would send me a new lens. Or at least that is what I think she said.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
I prefer to avoid external IR, would rather mount 10x instead