Mini PTZ v2: 4x optical zoom version

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
Seem like the Night / Day mode is working fine after all. All it took was one more lamp to trigger it back into day mode.

Tomorrow I am going to mount one outdoor and one in the mud room but it have lot of windows around it so it should get lots of light during daylight hours.

Attached photo is camera mounted indoor temporary for testing purpose.

Bill

Attachments

tygger

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Glad to hear the focus issue has been fixed!

Does anyone have a FOV comparison between the 4x and 10x?

Git

Banned
Reaction score
Wow, magic. It unlocks some hidden "Lens Adjust" feature which corrected lens focus. AMAZING! :)

All is well!

To summarize: SET preset 85, then CALL preset 65 twice. It took about 2 minutes, while it was sitting at 44%.

That's pretty cool - I had no idea they could do things like that with the presets. The camera goes into "lens adjust" mode where it slowly zooms in and focuses for the different zoom levels

SNAG-0090.jpg

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
I wanted to share with you all that the max memory card size that this camera would take is 64. I asked them and it what they told me.

Bill

bob2701

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
One thing I noticed about the 4x IR. You can't have both set at 10 power ... One must offset the other like if Far is set at 8 then near will be set at 2 total of 10 power but must divided by both near and far

Is that expected or I thought it only enable IR depending on what zoom setting is at?

Bill
You are correct, there is a max power of 10 which can be adjusted. 10-0, 7-3, 3-7, and so on. It looks like in the default setting the Far will kick in at half the zoom factor. It begs to be played with. :D

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
You are correct, there is a max power of 10 which can be adjusted. 10-0, 7-3, 3-7, and so on. It looks like in the default setting the Far will kick in at half the zoom factor. It begs to be played with. :D

There a bug in the web GUI that seem to allow you to set both to 10 and I am sure the camera doesn't save that setting if you do. Instead we need to set it within the preset95 camera menu.

Bill

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
1-10 IR power settings don't even work in GUI need to use preset95. Anyone else finding that night performance isn't particularly impressive with 4x? I know that 10x is really good, so there must be some IR power bug.

Futaba

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I just got mine set up. By the time I am done, it is already night time. Night image is very noisy. I made some adjustment but it isn't as good as my V1 10x. Need to play with it some more tomorrow. I am pooped from all the drilling, hammering, screwing, running multiple cable runs, etc. :miserable:

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Please send this issue with night performance to Monica. Since both of us noticed this I am sure this also needs to be corrected in the Firmware. I will post image comparison in the am of 3x which is much better then 4x.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
My IR seem OK?
No, while it doesn't look as bad, but still not very good, with this small area coverage you should have excellent IR performance. Pretty much zero noise.

Please complain this to Monica as this is really unacceptable IR performance.

Here is gen1 3x which I sold

This is new gen 2 (4x)

Both are fully zoomed out btw from the same mounting spot.

Last edited by a moderator:

Futaba

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I messaged Monica about the noise I see in night mode. much worse than the V1 Mini PTZ 10x I have. With noise reduction turned on, it is better, but it loses a lot of details. The good news is it is very wide so I see a lot more than before.

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
I also have messaged Monica about this issue too.

Bill

spixel

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It might just be the cameras auto setting prioritizing high shutter/more gain rather than low shutter/low gain. Tried manually setting it to 1/25 shutter or setting a gain limit if there is such an option?

Promod117

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just received an interesting reply from Monica regarding my red, grainy screen when switching from day to night mode. She wants me to try the same procedure she gave others to fix the focus issue. It will be interesting if it corrects the issue.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
It might just be the cameras auto setting prioritizing high shutter/more gain rather than low shutter/low gain. Tried manually setting it to 1/25 shutter or setting a gain limit if there is such an option?
I have tried it, no difference.

Promod117

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Installing the latest firmware introduces the bad focus issue, which is easily corrected. It did slightly help with the red screen during the switch from day to night mode.
4x transistion.jpg

stoney7713

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Good news, my 4x V2 arrived, box was a bit beaten up, plugged it in and it seems to be working fine.

No name on the side, blank.
IR seems to okay, living room is dim and it doesn't kick on til I shade the camera, but it doesn't shut off right away til I add a bit more light to it.
Focus seems okay, there is a bit of hunting while zoom adjustment.

Also it is POE, for $129 shipped it was a good deal.

Looks like I could update the FW, it is a black face, but if it works ok is there any advantages to the updates?

Program VersionV1.0.2 Build 201512161014
Control Version McuF0_V1.0.0_build20151202
Web Page Version1.1.1 Build 20151216
Plugin Version1.0.4.41

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
When you put it outside is when you will notice that IR coverage is very weak, indoors it's fine because there are walls to reflect IR light.