Mini-Review - 5442-ZE-S3 AKA T54IR-ZE-S3 - Replacement to 5442-ZE

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Alaska Country

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
For power on this end, use an old computer power supply rated at 12 VDC at 18 amps. Used buried RG-213 (RG-8) co-ax cable for the main power feed. This powers the 15 watt LED landscape white lights for camera night use and the occasional Tendelux. The landscape lights are rated for 12 VAC used but work well on DC in this application.

nycevan

n3wb
Reaction score
Just got two of these, changed out some older hikvision's (still runnign two hikvision DS-2CD2342WD-I). My only issue which is really annoying me , though i reached out to empire tech to see if they had anything to say:

Issue: I use Scrypted to pull my cameras into homekit among other things with my home assistant server. These cameras are the only ones i have ever had an authentication issue. I can not use the ONVIF plugin with these Empitetech T54ir-ze-s3 unless I turn OFF ONVIF login verification on each cam under network settings. No other cams, my hikvision, and reolink doorbell etc have these issues. Not blaming the camera as all is well works fine and it links up just fine to my Hikvision NVR, just need to figure this out as I dont want authentication off and I wont stop using my scrypted setup . Figured id post this here in the event anyone else also uses these cameras and scrypted.

Attachments

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If your cameras are isolated from the internet, then turning it off is fine. Many of us use Blue Iris and we had to turn it off as well.

nycevan

n3wb
Reaction score
If your cameras are isolated from the internet, then turning it off is fine. Many of us use Blue Iris and we had to turn it off as well.
I am isolated so I’ve done that for now , but I still prefer having the login and password , it annoys me every other cam works fine with authentication but not these ,
I have BI on one of my wi does machines though I haven’t updated since 2021 I believe , is my latest license not sure I can even find that version . I’ll try them in BI, are you stating BI had problems as well ? It’s strange as they link up fine with my hikvison NVR with authentication

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I am isolated so I’ve done that for now , but I still prefer having the login and password , it annoys me every other cam works fine with authentication but not these ,
I have BI on one of my wi does machines though I haven’t updated since 2021 I believe , is my latest license not sure I can even find that version . I’ll try them in BI, are you stating BI had problems as well ? It’s strange as they link up fine with my hikvison NVR with authentication
It is still using the password, it just is bypassing the "handshake".

It has something to do with the ONVIF version of the camera versus what the program one uses recognizes. Here is a sampling of the issues in BI with other cameras as well:

nycevan

n3wb
Reaction score
How is it still usong the password when it’s turned off. On my windows machine I used an ONVIF viewer and saw everything and controlled fine without putting in any password so it is indeed open at least on this camera when the verify toggle is off