Mislabeled? Or bad documentation?? (N45DM62)

Reaction score
Unfortunately, that distortion is there to stay. A 3.6mm lens would have mitigated that
I'm OK with it. The primary thing is a full view of the driveway edge-to-edge. I had an old Dahua 3.6mm bullet in that location before and the view looked like this:
Front2.20200429_000000295.jpg

EDIT: it Does make me want to put a PTZ there though...

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
you might play with the night profile exposure settings. trade off some of that brightness for crisper captures of movement people walkign/running by or cars passing).
ie, reduce motion blur by running at 1/60 (or even 1/120 or higher, if not too dark) vs whatever it does automatically (1/3s ?) to give that brighter-than-needed view...

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Mounted the camera today. The 2.8mm lens surprised me with how prominent the "fisheye" distortion is. Had not seen it like that on other 2.8mm lens cameras
I leave 2 outdoor lights on at night-- 60 watt-equivalent LED bulb. This photo far exceeds what I imagined the quality would be.
I have done NO adjustments to the stock camera image settings--- so what should I change? :)

View attachment 60830
Looking good, now time for a moving suspect test ( wearing a hoodie and cap... )

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
you might play with the night profile exposure settings. trade off some of that brightness for crisper captures of movement people walkign/running by or cars passing).
ie, reduce motion blur by running at 1/60 (or even 1/120 or higher, if not too dark) vs whatever it does automatically (1/3s ?) to give that brighter-than-needed view...
^^^^^^^
THIS

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
As for the lux ratings down in the .00X range-- I did notice they seem to be playing games there by pushing the shutter speed to 1/3 of a second. Of course you can generate a better exposed image by making the shutter speed longer.
For min lux ratings, Dahua used to list two color specs: 1/3s shutter and 1/30s shutter. Folks on here always discussed the 1/30s rating because like you said, 1/3s is kinda useless for most folks. They usually correlated though... if a camera had a better-than-average 1/30s color lux rating, it usually had a better than average 1/3s color lux rating too.

Not sure why Dahua dropped the 1/30s color lux spec. Hikvision doesn't seem to list them either.