Missing frames & Ghosting in Recorded Video

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
The NIC is integrated in my Asus MB. I have been using the latest driver from the Asus Website. In response to this comment, I allowed Windows to update the driver, and Windows pulls a different driver. Not sure which one I should use. In any case... both seem to work OK, and neither changes the video issue.

I'm not sure how to do other tests. I have transferred many TB of data onto another HDD on that PC that's running BI, and didn't have any issues. I've even gotten it to max out at a gigabit per second and didn't seem to have any issues with the data.
transferring data is not a proper test.....video streaming without dropping frames is much different than sending data.

Trifecta

n3wb
Reaction score
I earlier wrote I solved the issue. It seemed solved... but I ran BI overnight and not quite all, but most of the recorded video had the same ghosting artifacts. Ugh.

I give up. Blue Iris just doesn't work on my PC.

I installed Milestone X Protect trial version, and after 10 minutes of testing, it appears to work flawlessly without any fiddling at all. And the CPU usage and Memory usage are both about 50% those of BI. I think I'm going to use X Protect instead. Uninstalling blue iris.

leonbrag

n3wb
Reaction score
This thread captures my expirence pretty much exactly ! Could not get BI to work due to Ghositng. Xprotect and Sighthound are absolutely flawless right out of the box. IMHO it's a BI issue. It's too bad, it has lots of potential.

I am moving to Sighthound as Xprotect does fire bogus alarms every once a while.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
This thread captures my expirence pretty much exactly ! Could not get BI to work due to Ghositng. Xprotect and Sighthound are absolutely flawless right out of the box. IMHO it's a BI issue. It's too bad, it has lots of potential.

I am moving to Sighthound as Xprotect does fire bogus alarms every once a while.
yes there are thousands of users with blue iris and hikvision cameras without this problem...sighthound is a joke very basic..you are better off with milestone if you have 8 cameras or less....their human detection is deceptive..consider that you need to ensure you capture all positive triggers not just eliminate false alerts..

Murphy625

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I just had this exact same problem.. The ghosting was horrible.. so bad in fact, that it would be useless to even identify the difference between a female and male human.

Not sure which setting fixed it but I went with "Direct To Disk Recording", unchecked the boxes for adaptive frame rate, lowered my frame rate to 15fps in both the camera and BI, and unchecked the "adjust automatically" box in BI under frame rate.

My ghosting was solved.

I'm using an Intel i5-2500K with 8gb of memory and WD Blue drive. Camera is an empire HDW2231 and from what I can tell, the issue only happens at night.